• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Counter-Strike: Global Offensive |OT2| Gambling, VACations, Giveaways & DDoS

ChawlieTheFair

pip pip cheerio you slags!
We plan to have a 5v5 on the Gaf server later (1 hour or so) to see if the server can handle 128 tick (so there MIIIIIGHT be crashes I dont know yet) - just as a headsup if someone wants to join

can I get in? steam name is same as gaf. I'm a badge if that matters, I don't know how yall roll

MayMay

Banned
Ah shit, didnt see your message and it filled up quickly. Ill come back to you when we have a free slot!

Edit: NEVERMIND :D There you are

cHinzo

I like the Galil, it's one of my favorite weapons. Famas on the other hand, not really a fan of.
I use both of these weapons less than the UMP and that says something. If only the Famas got its 1.6 burst back... That third inaccurate bullet is so bad. Loved the Famas in 1.6 though. I used it more often there than my M4A1. Dust2 long was a total lockdown with the headshot machine playing on plat. Galils aren't needed on T side. U either can afford an AWP/AK47 or u go for the Tec-9 and armor. :D

Uriah

Valve needs to do something about AFKers. I would kick them, but that's just rewarding them for going AFK in the first place.

The skins have different "qualities" or "rarity", which means some skins are very rare (knifes for example), which makes them expensive in the Market place, the rare skins are basically locked in the cases that drop while playing, You can open those with keys that are 2 euros a piece.

Maybe this link helps to explain it more: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=169698044

I wouldn't get to much into case opening the chance of getting good skins is very low :/

The monetary value of the skins, like anything in life, is what a buyer is willing to pay for it. The skins that cost more are rare or they look good or both. You will get random skin drops just by playing the game. However, the 'better' skins are only found in crates that you open with keys.

I'm not sure how much you know about Valve's crate system but it's basically gambling. You get crates to drop for you while playing the game. You have to buy a key from Valve (or other players) for up to $2.49 each. One key opens one crate. Each crate has a pool of skins and opening one will give you one of those skins. If you're lucky, you can get a very rare one that can cost hundreds of dollars. Most of the time you will get something that is worth far less than the $2.49 key you spent to open the crate in the first place. Like I said, it's basically gambling. Knife skins are the most expensive because they have the lowest chance of 'dropping' from a crate.

The good news is, all this is purely cosmetic and does not affect the game in any way. You are free to ignore it entirely and just play normally.

Thanks for the breakdowns. I had a feeling it was something like that, so insane what people are willing to pay for some of these skins!

Rivitur

Banned
Never even seen gameplay of this game before, believe it or not. Thinking about buying it during this sale
Its a great game and if you play your cards right you can make your money back, or if you screw up you'll end up in debt to the Polish mafia. (Just look at poor Odah he ain't been the same :( )

Hmm.. does this really match the real odds from Valve? I can't imagine they disclose that info.

It's scary bad. lol

As long as it can recreate the feeling of crushing depression from not getting anything worthwhile after opening a fuckton of cases, it has done its job.

Lourio

So I traded away my Wasteland Rebel for this, I had my fun with the AK but it was really doing it for me so I put in on CSGL...this was easily the best offer I got (People on CSGL LOVE to lowball -_-).

Traded a MW Blood In The Water SSG for a BS Asiimov M4A4 from someone on CSGL - I was surprised he actually traded with me..

I hate the visual recoil in this game compared to 1.6 where there was hardly any. Bad part is, I can't turn that piece of shit off. Cl_bobcycle commands always freaking reset and is capped.

Fuck screen shaking and fuck you Valve.

Running pistol accuracy and jump accuracy in general needs a nerf.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
I'd love to get an M9 fade but those things cost $400-500 :(

To be fair, all knives cost that much. I want a Karambit but those things are $300 just for a rusty/Battlescarred one. :|

(I should probably get into the modeling business if i actually want a knife for free. :/)

If you want a simulated experience of case opening go here

Lesson today kids: Don't open cases yourself, let someone else do it for you! Reap the profits off their misfortune!

Edit:

ukjLMWo.png

See? Reap the profits off my (lucky) 3-case $28 item while opening 15 crates in general ate that profit very quickly.

Since client registration for bullet impacts doesn't matter anymore, people who practice offline for shooting should use sv_showimpacts 3 with sv_cheats 1.

Blue Box = server side hits.
Red Box = Client.

Sv_showimpacts 1 show both and that's obsolete now since it was patched to be only server side to combat bullet spread hacks.

Xizk

NA gaf needs some good vibes. Played 3 with Euro-GAF and won 2, not bad. Hopefully I can rank back to MG1 after dropping to nova4. Was 1 win or so away from MG2 before I went on a huge loss streak.

MayMay

Banned
I wish Chivalry wasn't fucking unplayable with ping above like.. 50 lol

Get ready for some nasty jank even with the fan patch. Even with all the combat-related issues it is still my favorite RPG.

Deus Ex: Human Revolution is actually more like Bloodlines with better combat and far worse writing than it is like Deus Ex 1, if that helps give an idea of what Bloodlines is like... Human Revolution for goths.

Welp, Only takes a single sentence to get me interested in a game again. Dropped it after a few minutes a bunch of years ago but seems like I missed something..... lol

Coldsun

Banned
You son of a bitch. Play it. It's great. It's probably the one time a reboot was almost as good as the older games, while improving upon and modernising the gameplay.

Almost as good as the older games? How about infinitely better than the sequel and is relatively true to form of the original :D.

cHinzo

I played a cool game today. It's called CS:GO and it's pretty fun. U guys should try it out someday. We could even do some in-house games! :"D

Top Bottom