• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Counter-Strike: Global Offensive |OT2| Gambling, VACations, Giveaways & DDoS

Rivitur

Banned
Expected
t seems the same to me, really. With the exception of aim assist,the games are essentialy the same. In fact, I think COD offers much more variety, as there are much more weapons, and equipment like Claymores you can use. Oh, and kill-streaks. That stuff makes the game more interesting.

In COD you have try-hards that dolphin dive or jump as soon as you start shooting at each other, to make it harder to hit them.
In CS:GO, you have the same kind of people, just that they crouch instead of dolphin diving, because dolphin diving doesn't exist in this game.

I don't know if people quick-scope in this game, but if they don't then that's definitely something that is a little better about this game.
I feel like the only reason why people think this game is soooo much better than COD is because it lacks the game mechanics to allow people to play it like COD. It's simple and straight-forward. No killstreaks, no diving, no claymores, nothing. Just guns, knives, and grenades.

Also, I think aim-assist only exists in COD games because it is harder to aim with a controller than with a mouse. Since COD games are focused on the console market, that's why the games have aim assisst

MayMay

Banned
^^

What - the - fuck

I had to check if thats a gaf post, because sometimes - in some of the threads - it feels like people write this shit and are serious.

Edit: Like this guy Ive just seen

CS yes I watch it on Twitch. Does it need the skill that you need in Halo? No.

In the "What competitive games are the most physically demanding at higher levels of play?" thread.

ACE 1991

I've been seriously playing CS:GO for about a month, and got accused of smurfing yesterday when I went 22-6 on Dust2 in comp. Feels good! If you play on NA servers and are around SEM rank, definitely add me for some matchmaking. Steam ID: destroyur123

MayMay

Banned
Nice!

Good to see new players that have fun playing CS come in here and do something that isnt complaining about literally everything and threatening to uninstall or w/e.. because there has been alot of that lately. lol

MayMay

Banned
Yo dude, I swear if another person I've never seen before comes here and complains drive-by shitposts about the lvl 3 requirement or why their bullets dont go where the crosshair is I'll leave Gaf forever

Rivitur

Banned
Yo dude, I swear if another person I've never seen before comes here and complains drive-by shitposts about the lvl 3 requirement or why their bullets dont go where the crosshair is I'll leave Gaf forever
But ace1991 has posted in this thread before he's not new.

Follow me on twitter @rivitwo and add my smurf @steamcommunity.com/id/rivismurf

MayMay

Banned
I didnt say he was, I only congratulated him on his good performance. New player because he hasnt been playing for so long. lol

Also, don't add Rivis smurf. He'd just derank with you.
Also I came up with his twitter name, gimme some o dat cred

MayMay

Banned
I havent seen you in here for a while, Paul. Come here more often pls ok thanks.

cobble best map

Lool, that's great.

Edit:

One more post, and I'm finally past that guy that got banned.

d9ef5bd31c.png

Rivitur

Banned
One more post, and I'm finally past that guy that got banned.

d9ef5bd31c.png
He shall forever remain in our hearts and on our friends list.

Also maxaki why did you even move to NA!? Losing to an actual team of nobodies.

http://www.hltv.org/?pageid=35&threadid=831648#r10028668

ESWC has become a NA tournament because of $$$ that it would cost to send actual good teams to the event. Should be fun if upsets happen tho.

Also!! You guys see the shox hack vid?
http://youtu.be/2uUWg9PBzbI

Omega

Banned
At least in Halo bullets go where they are supposed to

unless we're talking CE not really. aim assist basically only requires an enemy to be on your screen, the game does the rest of the work for you.

and Halo 3 tried to bring realism to a science fiction game with aliens and supersuits by adding bullet spread, causing bullets to not actually go where they're supposed to. one of chaosTheory's videos showcases this perfectly. I believe he shows how shit H2 and H3 are.

Mokoi

Banned
I'm going to get me one of those xbox again, so I can enjoy the greatest Fps known as halo reach. Hands down best game in series . Y'all just brought back all them fond memories. Rip cs

Add me peoples, especially omuga so we can enjoy some good halo. GT:
Ps OT3: Halo > COD > BF > everything else > CS

Rivitur

Banned
I'm going to get me one of those xbox again, so I can enjoy the greatest Fps known as halo reach. Hands down best game in series . Y'all just brought back all them fond memories. Rip cs

Add me peoples, especially omuga so we can enjoy some good halo. GT: 2drunk2function
Ps OT3: Halo > COD > BF > everything else > CS
Reach is arse just like ass in Ireland.

Haroon

Yeah I know, it's just that there is no appeals process that's a bit screwed up.

You should be fine. I've probably gotten hundreds of reports over the years that I've been playing CS:GO. It will most certainly suck if you get wrongfully banned though, but I don't think that you will have to worry about something like that. In the event that it does happen, you could message support. And they might help you. But in most cases, they won't help you unless you make it a big deal on social media, or you're a known professional player.

Mokoi

Banned
So is anyone up for some rounds of competitive Dust2 around 8PM (EST)?
add me and we can play good maps in couple weeks
http://steamcommunity.com/id/mokoi/
Dust2 is better than that trash you call inferno
Man you really start talking crazy when you don't get tim hootens.
---
Demo review for [toj.cc] Rivitur Reticule.Gaming by @mokoguides.com
https://youtu.be/HnCLGmJRWm4
Increase your csgo skills and life skills with mokoguides tutorial videos!

MayMay

Banned
Oh my god that's amazing ooooh shit Ill have you do one for me at some point, since I need a pro to look over some of my gameplay. I got Sand Dunes for payment.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Yeah, never touching Competitive again:

CFTs9rs.png

Two of those deaths are from team rage of people higher-ranked than Valve should be throwing 0 matches played people in. You'd think they'd put you in Silver 2-3 and then work your way up/down from there. Nope, let's put you in with a team of golds. What could possibly go wrong?

*cue DOTA2 level of salt from team for attempting to smoke/flash*

Okay, Valve. Thanks for letting me know to stick to Casual Bot Offline. <3

Sajaja if you want that match I have the download link or whatever for shits and giggles, but never touching competitive again so no reason to give it to you I guess?

Top Bottom