• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Counter-Strike: Global Offensive |OT2| Gambling, VACations, Giveaways & DDoS

Omega

Banned
C9 has absolutely no chance against NiP.

One player isn't going to beat NiP, you need an actual team. This C9 roster is dogshit and it's just Shahzam.

If C9 gets the upset he should be crowned player of the year because that's how much he'll have to carry.

Rivitur

Banned
C9 has absolutely no chance against NiP.

One player isn't going to beat NiP, you need an actual team. This C9 roster is dogshit and it's just Shahzam.

If C9 gets the upset he should be crowned player of the year because that's how much he'll have to carry.
The thing is history tells us the c9 (this roster -Shazam) is the best NA team against international comp they always preform well. That's said it depend what form they show up in against Kabum first.

Also saw this on HLTV: http://gyazo.com/90986b4c313ff1ed838c4f2ed45526c7

This is an ESEA ban: http://youtu.be/Cq5Z53q_Se8

Rixxan

Just had a 30 bomb game against supremes and two globals, got called a cheater

Followed it up with a 12 kill game against badges and eagles

I'm so inconsistent its sickening

Feels legit like some servers reg, and some don't, or I'm just literally as inconsistent as I've ever been, ugh

Rivitur

Banned
Any safe bets today to get items into returns from inventory?
I don't see any... Only bet that would net you skins would be LDLC vs Fnatic but thats a toss up. You can't go wrong on whoever you bet on there. IMO ldlc will win since its a BO1
personally I think I'm betting low on dignitas against NiP but not sure about it.

Ludono

So what is everyone thinking in terms of wins tomorrow?

Fnatic - Liquid ---- EZ Fnatic
CLG - LDLC ----- EZ LDLC
NiP - Dignitas ----NiP *should* have this but Dignitas isn't too shabby...
Kabum - Cloud9 ---- I want to bet big on Kabum because I feel the Cloud9 choke on this...
Fnatic - LDLC ---- Highlight of the day, the DHW rematch we all wanted. Could go either way for sure....
Liquid - CLG ---- CLG looking like the best NA team at MLG so...
NiP - Cloud9 -------NiP should have this easy
Kabum - Dignitas ------I wanna say Dignitas but we'll see how well Kabum does against C9

chessnut

why does that suck?

I just feel so disappointed that we finally got to see the NA dream team and we'll never get to see them play against the top euro teams. We'll probably see some top NA talent retire in a couple days. Hiko mentioned in that fb post yesterday that if he doesn't win a major, he'll look back on his CS career disappointed. The prime of his career will be spent now playing with teams that won't make it past the quarters in the majors.

There is a lot of blame to be placed from this whole throwing situation. Richard Lewis spoke on the issue perfectly. His video is 33 minutes long, but it worth a listen and he makes some very good points. When csgl came out and major tournaments started allowing their matches on it, rules should have been made about players betting. Methods of finding match fixers should have been fleshed out a long time ago. It's so incredibly naive to think the guys on ibp are the only ones to participate in stuff like that. The fact that I can say I've made more money on a tournament than a player on a team that won the actual tournament speaks volumes. The whole system was just begging for match fixing to take place.

Here's the video if anyone is interested in giving it a listen: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tgYnvSUlE_A

vocab

Just had a 30 bomb game against supremes and two globals, got called a cheater

Followed it up with a 12 kill game against badges and eagles

I'm so inconsistent its sickening

Feels legit like some servers reg, and some don't, or I'm just literally as inconsistent as I've ever been, ugh
That's cs go in a nutshell.

Ludono

Put a bunch on Fnatic for $1.50 return just because ez win and first match of the day so I can place the returns on the next matches easily.....

Went big on Kabum as my YOLO bet of the day. Counting on the signature C9 choke.

Haribi

Why isn't there a Star Wars RPG? And wouldn't James Bond make for a pretty good FPS?
Just saw this thread on Reddit and man I'm again reminded how much more unique the players were and how much more entertaining watching them was
You could argue that csgo has better teamplay but the individual skill display was just on another level in 1.6.

http://www.reddit.com/r/GlobalOffen...f0rest_then_vs_now_since_this_was_previously/

I mean everyone who played 1.6 and CSGO agrees that 1.6 has the better gameplay mechanics. From movement to shooting to hitboxes everything was just better and more fluid and more responsive.
Why can't Valve realise this and change the gameplay mechanics to resemble 1.6 a bit more? I don't get it man. Why shy away from making the game better? I mean what are they afraid of? Losing casual players? I don't really think anyone would quit csgo if it became a better game? If anything they would gain more players in former 1.6 vets.

It's frustrating to think about all the gameplay stuff that needs to be fixed or improved in this game but after 2 years still nothing.

garath

Wow. I finally got some bets in. 10pm last night the bots were available. Put some on a safe Fnatic over liquid to get something in returns then gambled a little on fnatic over LDLC. Couldn't get a third bet in. Bots were queued up again. Lol.

Lourio

B7_Km4pIAAAf3w_.jpg:large

Impressive.

I'll be placing some underdog bets, let's see what happens.

Rivitur

Banned
You guys are giving Kabum too much credit here. That said! They're the best team on Brazil but have yet to pro e anything with this line up... We'll see.

My bet of the day is dig vs NIp (dig winning)

Haribi

Why isn't there a Star Wars RPG? And wouldn't James Bond make for a pretty good FPS?
They should have gotten an actual host for this event.
I like Thorin but he is an analyst and shouldn't be the one leading the conversation and talking nonstop.

I don't expect anyone to know the answer or even care but do these people you report for Abusive Text Chat ever get any kind of punishment? 90% of my games is just someone calling me a "faggot" and it's starting to just piss me off. I just don't want to play the game anymore. Once they inevitably win they then keep calling our team that when we can hear them.

soultron

Banned
I don't expect anyone to know the answer or even care but do these people you report for Abusive Text Chat ever get any kind of punishment? 90% of my games is just someone calling me a "faggot" and it's starting to just piss me off. I just don't want to play the game anymore. Once they inevitably win they then keep calling our team that when we can hear them.

Not sure, to be honest. I always report and then block whenever I hear/see someone being unsporting.

soultron

Banned
Anyone feel like making a thread for mlg, or are we okay in here?

Also, how ya'll feel about MLG keeping the music on.

Probably not worth it, I have a fun feeling it will be lots of bullshit MLG jokes. (Some of them from me.)

Also, music being on is the worst. Let us hear footsteps at ends of rounds instead, please.

Mokoi

Banned
bind f11 "ignoremsg"

Press twice if you want to ignore team msgs too, and press once more to enable. I have no idea if people get any punishment, but I doubt that they even do.

Clydefrog

Doubtful that using the Abusive Text Chat report rarely, if ever, results in any punishment. It is crazy some of things people say in-game though. I remember our 4-man team got queued up with a random guy; he seemed fine, had good comms, etc. But once we won the game, he went CRAZY on the mic at the other team calling them every name in the book. Our team was like “holy shit WHAT?! I guess he was a crazy racist the whole time!”

Cheers everyone.

bind f11 "ignoremsg"

Press twice if you want to ignore team msgs too, and press once more to enable. I have no idea if people get any punishment, but I doubt that they even do.

cheers, i'll try that. I hate losing at games so I get angry enough as it is without someone having to write crap in chat.

Get good scrub

Top Bottom