• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Counter-Strike: Global Offensive |OT2| Gambling, VACations, Giveaways & DDoS

cHinzo

Hopefully the new R6 is decent. But I didn't like anything in the Tom Clancy range after R63, so I'm not keeping my hopes up.

The R6 Vegas games were great though. Kinda different atmosphere and a bit more forgiving/less tactical, but it was still fun in co-op imo. I'm excited for Rainbow Six Siege, although I doubt they will put much effort in the singleplayer (or co-op) campaign from what I've read about it. Looks like they're focussing on the multiplayer aspect. :\

i feel like im the only one here who still digs playing cs mm :( solo-queue to dmg commence!

Nah, I still like it on every rank. :D Guess I got a thicker skin for these kind of stuff, because I played LoL when they still had crappy servers + prolly the most toxic community possible. :d Still love playing both games though.

Omega

Banned
Is it just me or are Steam servers getting laggier and laggier. I feel like I'm losing it today. Shots are like a solid 2-3mm off their mark

animlboogy posted about the sad state of this game.

animl barely even posts in this thread so that should give you an idea of how shit the servers are that he felt the need to chime in on the forum.

impact

Banned
I don't know why you guys put up with this shit. Trying to follow pro CS this summer was enough for me. DDoS, teams throwing, the overlong Era of the CZ, all the dumb hitbox issues that affect the core gameplay... I'll watch LAN majors and that's it. The rest is just a huge ball of fucking stress to keep up with.

Even the game itself just bothers me at this point. Keep churning out new cases, Valve. God forbid the MM servers actually function properly without random lag spikes. I don't like playing without an alt VC service due to how often games lag out, FFS.

If there was a legitimate competition to CS I would play it. Moderate milsims like RO2 and Insurgency just feel more like CoD done right, rather than CS equivalents. There's really nothing else out there at the moment.

Hopefully the new R6 is decent. But I didn't like anything in the Tom Clancy range after R63, so I'm not keeping my hopes up.
Well said boogy.

We don't have that many here, but if this was reddit the fanboys would have down voted you to hell. Some people really are brainwashed into thinking Valve is doing good for the game. I truly believe the game is succeeding despite Valves efforts not because of Valves efforts. I got PvZ GW free on PS4 and it lags less than this shit.

cHinzo

Just ranked up to silver 3 in a draw.

Nice!

Well said boogy.

We don't have that many here, but if this was reddit the fanboys would have down voted you to hell. Some people really are brainwashed into thinking Valve is doing good for the game. I truly believe the game is succeeding despite Valves efforts not because of Valves efforts. I got PvZ GW free on PS4 and it lags less than this shit.

I think lots of people agree with the fact that this game needs much to fix. :d There are so many improvements to be made, but I doubt the CS:GO team at Valve is very big, so thinks go so slowly. >_>

Wunder

Well said boogy.

Well I mean was it not the valve team that helped bring CS:GO out of the ditch? I wasn't around when it was initially released by Hidden Path but I thought after they released it they basically just left Valve to pick up all the pieces, so in that respect I think people at least need to give them some credit there.

I also have no idea what people/players are expecting re: match fixing scandal. I highly doubt we're getting a detailed post about it, at most a statement about whether or not those players are eligible to play at the majors, nothing more.

soultron

Banned
IIRC Hidden Path was contracted to make CSGO, Turtle Rock Studios (L4D) also helped (I think with the maps). Valve does what Valve does, post-launch, and put a small team of support devs on the game who actually want to work on it. But, knowing a bit about how Valve works today, the monetization thing was probably the biggest thing that got them the job, internally, to continue supporting CSGO. Without the monetization part of CSGO, we'd not see the support we have today. The blessing comes with the curse, if you will.

I don't say this as a Valve fanboy or anything, mind you.

Ludono

Yikes, lost almost every since bet yesterday due to underdogs....except of course the underdogs I bet on :(

Rough times ahead....and just when things were looking up :(

Mokoi

Banned
I'll be opening a new betting site called losedemskansfuckbois.org

I hope CLG and Liquid do good at MLG, but I expect EU to destroy.

Omega

Banned
I'll be opening a new betting site called losedemskansfuckbois.org

I hope CLG and Liquid do good at MLG, but I expect EU to destroy.
They don't stand a chance

Liquid shouldn't even be there. CLG is a Tier 2 team as of now, which equates to about Tier 3 in EU

CoolS

I fully expect fnatic to crush everyone except NiP, who they'll respectably beat

I want NiP to beat fnatic, only so it means the top is close to each other skill wise. I want to be able to watch great CS matches, not fnatic beating everyone except maybe LDLC. In BO3s that is.

impact

Banned
Well I mean was it not the valve team that helped bring CS:GO out of the ditch? I wasn't around when it was initially released by Hidden Path but I thought after they released it they basically just left Valve to pick up all the pieces, so in that respect I think people at least need to give them some credit there.

I also have no idea what people/players are expecting re: match fixing scandal. I highly doubt we're getting a detailed post about it, at most a statement about whether or not those players are eligible to play at the majors, nothing more.

Yea, but that was when there was 30-50k people playing. Now that the game has grown immensely I think they should start treating it that way

soultron

Banned
Note to self: do not play when tired.

Blew 2 comp matches in a row tonight. Someone smurfing as a fake m0e was just destroying us with pistols every round on Train.

K.Sabot

Won all my na bets tonight, but I didn't put much into the bets... <_>

Ironically the only lost bet I had today was from Fnatic.

Omikron

Won all my na bets tonight, but I didn't put much into the bets... <_>

Ironically the only lost bet I had today was from Fnatic.

Got all of them as well, but also won won on Titan beating Fnatic... :s

ovDztxS.jpg

Rivitur

Banned
For anyone betting on Kick vs Orbit be aware that Jumpy will be playing and t
Pyth said they are looking for a standin for Centuryz as he is unavailable. Honestly I think kicks odds are too damn good to pass up.

Unless of course Maxie goes fucking haywire but Foxj > world.

VP vs Penta odds should be a lot closer IMO.

And about 50% on Titan vs VP is pretty damn good especially now that the team is clicking coming off of beating Fnatic.

cHinzo

K1ck only plays Dust2 and Inferno though. :d Havent seem them play in a while. Imma put something on DPNR I think. Fetish' new team surely has potential to beat HR.

impact

Banned
man I've gotta be like one win away from SMFC

I feel like a 5 hour energy + a bong rip of some dank is almost performance enhancing drugs in this game. I dropped 30 every match tonight

Not feeling any of the matches today for bets. Still pissed off about the VP-HR match from yesterday, which ended up being my biggest loss ever (not much at ~$11 but still). Wouldn't have been so bad if VP had gotten outplayed but losing because of a constant fucking DDOS is annoying as hell.

Think I'll just hold off until LAN matches start tomorrow.

Keep in mind that Epsilon and VP are both prone to DDOS so it's possible a bet today might lock your skins for up to 3 days.

trolho

Neo Member
Had to share this one. Very old one that reminds me of the good old times when I played at around 30 fps. lol

2A5E56C827A3F302EFE77A4ABC33C61BFF45690C

Edit: Damn, I can't believe I used to play with this crappy cross-hair.

udiie

please tell me bort isnt your alternate because that awp display was disgusting.

I almost want to uninstall steam after watching it

wait, i mean yes. bort is alternate
was playing with my brother, so i didnt want to drag him into MG games

soultron

Banned
We've all been there bud

Slumps happen

Just stressful considering I'm trying to practise for a match against what's probably all >Eagle-ranked players this weekend. 3 of the guys I play with are really good, but I want to be able to support them. I feel like I'm playing at GN1/2 levels right now.

Rivitur

Banned
And... Kick forfeit. Welp there goes my upset of the day and my skins are back in my possession. Going to put something on Titan after all probably.

Mokoi

Banned
Just stressful considering I'm trying to practise for a match against what's probably all >Eagle-ranked players this weekend. 3 of the guys I play with are really good, but I want to be able to support them. I feel like I'm playing at GN1/2 levels right now.
It's going to be ok homie. All you have to do is use nothing but the p90. Spray and pray.

Top Bottom