• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Counter-Strike: Global Offensive |OT3| Halo and Goodbye

Haribi

Why isn't there a Star Wars RPG? And wouldn't James Bond make for a pretty good FPS?
benchmark vids you can run this shit at 200+ fps https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lrKPBHD6ITM

now if only Valve can optimize csgo for Windows 10 so it doesn't goof up on me at startup

I got a new pc with a r9 380, which is pretty similar to the 960, a couple weeks ago and my fps jumps around like crazy.
In spawn I get around 300 fps. When there's some action going on it drops to the low 200's and on some instances like cbble B site or Overpass B site or Train A site it even goes down to under 200. It's still perfectly playable of course but I wonder if these kind of drops are normal? I got the pc after the big update so I don't know if it the fps would be higher pre update.

I'm playing on 1024x768 on lowest settings btw.

baby

I got a new pc with a r9 380, which is pretty similar to the 960, a couple weeks ago and my fps jumps around like crazy.
In spawn I get around 300 fps. When there's some action going on it drops to the low 200's and on some instances like cbble B site or Overpass B site or Train A site it even goes down to under 200. It's still perfectly playable of course but I wonder if these kind of drops are normal? I got the pc after the big update so I don't know if it the fps would be higher pre update.

I'm playing on 1024x768 on lowest settings btw.

well your new pc runs exactly how my 2012/2013 laptop does on the same settings. rarely drops below 200 tho.

Haribi

Why isn't there a Star Wars RPG? And wouldn't James Bond make for a pretty good FPS?
well your new pc runs exactly how my 2012/2013 laptop does on the same settings. rarely drops below 200 tho.

Yeah I figured something was wrong.

The thing is every other game is running perfectly fine. Witcher 3 on max settings with 40+ fps, Battlefront with 60 fps, Fifa 16 with 200 fps just like the Benchmarks say. But CS for some reason is acting weird.

THis is what I get on an empty 128 tick server on Mirage

******** BEGIN VPROF REPORT ********
-- Summary --
19639 frames sampled for 48.30 seconds
Average 406.63 fps, 2.46 ms per frame
Peak 7.35 ms frame
100 pct of time accounted for

And this with 10 bots all on A site.

******** BEGIN VPROF REPORT ********
-- Summary --
8417 frames sampled for 44.95 seconds
Average 187.23 fps, 5.34 ms per frame
Peak 25.29 ms frame
100 pct of time accounted for

That was even way lower than what I usually get.

frbrr

went for a solo queue game
Of course I end up in a game with two swedish children on my team who grief all game long
They promoted their youtube channel with lame jackass type stunts, so at least I can watch them kick each other in the head with adblock on.

Omega

Banned
His video implies the map is extremely CT sided because small gaps in smokes yet the pros win around 6 rounds on T sides, and often win the T half.

Mirage has problems, but lets not make it sound like Nuke.

baby

Honestly at our level I'm not convinced T or CT side is even a thing, with the active duty rosters.

in a pug, t and ct sided has never been a thing except with nuke and old train because they were basically created for cts to win. t or ct sided entirely depends on what individual players are good at

udiie

His video implies the map is extremely CT sided because small gaps in smokes yet the pros win around 6 rounds on T sides, and often win the T half.

Mirage has problems, but lets not make it sound like Nuke.

the only real major problem with mirage in my opinion is the amount of angles you have to check when entering sites. i feel like at least once or twice a game ill get one-shot from behind because a teammate isnt clearing all the angles (that only really applies when im not doing entries, of course)

Omega

Banned
the only real major problem with mirage in my opinion is the amount of angles you have to check when entering sites. i feel like at least once or twice a game ill get one-shot from behind because a teammate isnt clearing all the angles (that only really applies when im not doing entries, of course)

that's not a problem with the map, but rather how pugs are played. If you smoke off jungle/stairs/ct, 1 flash and it's pretty easy to clear site. Even without a flash, as long as jungle/stairs are smoked off its not that hard to check the common spots from palace.

but everyone just assumes their teammates are Charles Xavier.

udiie

that's not a problem with the map, but rather how pugs are played. If you smoke off jungle/stairs/ct, 1 flash and it's pretty easy to clear site. Even without a flash, as long as jungle/stairs are smoked off its not that hard to check the common spots from palace.

but everyone just assumes their teammates are Charles Xavier.

i mean, i know you get lots of teammates that know smokes on esea, but i cant say the same about the teams i queue with

Omega

Banned
the only map that is truly shit is Nuke.

because no matter how many smokes and pop flashes you know, chances are you're not winning more than 4 rounds unless the team is as bad as CT as we are.

or if you have Bot Bob.

baby

You guys can carry me and my repulsive T side then.

CT side is way easier to play in my opinion. I can go from dropping 8 frags on T-side to changing sides and ending the match with 20 frags on CT-side. Aug is my crutch. :p

no offense bruh but from what ive heard and seeing that you play with somewhere between 1 and 10 controllers and exactly 0 keyboards and 0 mice, no one here really wants to play with you at all.

impact

Banned
in a pug, t and ct sided has never been a thing except with nuke and old train because they were basically created for cts to win. t or ct sided entirely depends on what individual players are good at

baby spittin truth

I've won 12-3 Mirage T side then go on to lose the CT side 13-2

Lolcomin

Banned
Why can't i runk up :((((((((((
aCRJnAu.jpg

how do you guys handle getting stuck on a heavy team? like 2-3 decent players and then some people who just can't aim for shit, don't follow orders, never buy right, etc.

I had a good match tonight and was top of the team but there were 3 guys who were under 10 kills all game and just didn't add anything.

I guess we didn't lose by that bad and I had some good 3-4k rounds so i shouldn't complain too much.

Lolcomin

Banned
how do you guys handle getting stuck on a heavy team? like 2-3 decent players and then some people who just can't aim for shit, don't follow orders, never buy right, etc.

I had a good match tonight and was top of the team but there were 3 guys who were under 10 kills all game and just didn't add anything.

I guess we didn't lose by that bad and I had some good 3-4k rounds so i shouldn't complain too much.

in that case, the people that are good will have to make up for their shittiness or kick them to get bots.

no offense bruh but from what ive heard and seeing that you play with somewhere between 1 and 10 controllers and exactly 0 keyboards and 0 mice, no one here really wants to play with you at all.
I don't see why it matters what input method I use. Does it really mater if I'm using a controller, or a Keyboard and Mouse, or a Racing Wheel, or a drum set, as long as I'm getting frags, holding sites, and supporting with nades?

I play just well with a controller. :/

baby

I don't see why it matters what input method I use. Does it really mater if I'm using a controller, or a Keyboard and Mouse, or a Racing Wheel, or a drum set, as long as I'm getting frags, holding sites, and supporting with nades?

I play just well with a controller. :/

ill just say a few people from here played 1 game with you and ive heard a lot of shit about it since then and im inclined to believe them

impact

Banned
It's just not possible to play this game well on a controller. You may think you're pretty good with it, but the reality is that you can't control recoil on an analog stick and you can't entry frag/check multiple spots fast because of thumb limitations. Let me guess, you're the guy that hangs around behind your team watching everyone go in and do the hard work while you bait them and get cleanup kills? I watched you play an esea pug with a buddy of mine (champagnepapi or some dumb shit like that) and you got like 7 kills the whole match while baiting everyone. That's not being a good teammate.

If you ever want to be good or taken seriously, drop the pad. Get a Microsoft Intellimouse 3.0 so you can still support your favorite company while not being a useless teammate. Sorry if this comes across as rude but signing up for esea and using a controller is more rude than anything anyone in here has said to you.

It's just not possible to play this game well on a controller. You may think you're pretty good with it, but the reality is that you can't control recoil on an analog stick and you can't entry frag/check multiple spots fast because of thumb limitations. Let me guess, you're the guy that hangs around behind your team watching everyone go in and do the hard work while you bait them and get cleanup kills? I watched you play an esea pug with a buddy of mine (champagnepapi or some dumb shit like that) and you got like 7 kills the whole match while baiting everyone. That's not being a good teammate.

If you ever want to be good or taken seriously, drop the pad. Get a Microsoft Intellimouse 3.0 so you can still support your favorite company while not being a useless teammate. Sorry if this comes across as rude but signing up for esea and using a controller is more rude than anything anyone in here has said to you.
No, I don't really play a certain style. I play depending on the role that is left over, and depending on the play style of my opponents. When I notice a certain play would work well against them, I commit to that for a while. I rotate from entering B site, getting the entry to A-long, watching mid, playing support, playing lurk, depending on how the match is going.

Also, you gotta understand that I started playing ESEA like... The day after Valve updated the game and took away aim assist on controller users. That was 3 months ago. That update was the one that brought me down from SMFC to MG2 to averaging LE. It's hard when the way you played the game for 5 months is erased, and you have to compensate and change the way you were aiming. :p

My first few experiences with ESEA was playing with M0e and have him and 3000 other people hate on me. So I gave up on ESEA for a while as well, since the experience there is toxic as heck.

I mean, I'm playing on it this month again, more than just 5 matches. And I'm doing okay so far. My goal is to end the month with 10+ RWS. I know that's not much, but it's a hell of a lot better than my previous 6.75 RWS.

Whatever though! It's chill if you guys think I'd be a useless team-mate! :) Just means my goal is to prove you guys wrong. :p Hopefully after a while some of you guys realize that I'm not terrible and you'll be willing to play with me. :)

ill just say a few people from here played 1 game with you and ive heard a lot of shit about it since then and im inclined to believe them
We played a game of Cobblestone, which I don't remember much but I think I was indeed either bottom or second bottom frag. I think most of the annoyance came from my mic being poor and me talking in both Mumble and In-game. Partly because I've never used my microphone in a always on condition, so I didn't have proper levels on it for when to speak and when to be off, and also because I've never used a team-speaking client before so it's just natural to hit the Right-D-pad to make calls. :p

baby

No, I don't really play a certain style. I play depending on the role that is left over, and depending on the play style of my opponents. When I notice a certain play would work well against them, I commit to that for a while. I rotate from entering B site, getting the entry to A-long, watching mid, playing support, playing lurk, depending on how the match is going.

Also, you gotta understand that I started playing ESEA like... The day after Valve updated the game and took away aim assist on controller users. That was 3 months ago. That update was the one that brought me down from SMFC to MG2 to averaging LE. It's hard when the way you played the game for 5 months is erased, and you have to compensate and change the way you were aiming. :p

My first few experiences with ESEA was playing with M0e and have him and 3000 other people hate on me. So I gave up on ESEA for a while as well, since the experience there is toxic as heck.

I mean, I'm playing on it this month again, more than just 5 matches. And I'm doing okay so far. My goal is to end the month with 10+ RWS. I know that's not much, but it's a hell of a lot better than my previous 6.75 RWS.

Whatever though! It's chill if you guys think I'd be a useless team-mate! :) Just means my goal is to prove you guys wrong. :p Hopefully after a while some of you guys realize that I'm not terrible and you'll be willing to play with me. :)

no we dont THINK youd be a useless teammate. we KNOW youd be a useless teammate. people in this thread that regular omegas mumble have played with you before and remember the experience quite vividly and relay to us their ptsd-esque flashbacks to that experience.

Shane

Is there anyone in EU that's still in the MG ranks? I wanna play so badly with you guys, but it's still way too early for me.

I'm LE but my two friends are MGII (UK based).

:D, to be fair I have spent way too much on cases for this to make me even but holy shit never expected to unbox a doppler as my second knife.

Too true..why I stopped even before my first knife. That rabbit hole.

MayMay

Banned
http://webm.host/0ab91/vid.webm

I think this is the silliest thing I've ever witnessed, had to upload this. Glad we were already so far ahead at that time, because if not that would've made me tilt so hard.

Not only did the enemy fuck up by giving me 3 ez kills I should not have gotten during a retake.. no. We actually lost in the end because my teammate choked. We had Intel the guy was toilets, so not sure why he turned around and left. And then I told him to fake and he tried to stick it instead and died..

frbrr

http://webm.host/0ab91/vid.webm

I think this is the silliest thing I've ever witnessed, had to upload this. Glad we were already so far ahead at that time, because if not that would've made me tilt so hard.

Not only did the enemy fuck up by giving me 3 ez kills I should not have gotten during a retake.. no. We actually lost in the end because my teammate choked. We had Intel the guy was toilets, so not sure why he turned around and left. And then I told him to fake and he tried to stick it instead and died..

I would have ragequit

Top Bottom