• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Counter-Strike: Global Offensive |OT3| Halo and Goodbye

moko setup is the best one (except for mine) just upgrade to a zowie mouse and a real mousepad and u will b global ezpz

blue dude you should sell half of those hideous controllers and buy a monitor that is actually decent. and start playing on mouse/keyboard because you're never gonna be decent at CSGO with a controller.
I've hit SMFC before and I'll hit it again damn it. :(

I've hit SMFC before and I'll hit it again damn it. :(

t3h5dML.gif

MayMay

Banned
Man, this game feels disgusting with 100+ ping.

I never noticed it before because I was so used to it.. but since I went from playing on US servers daily to like.. maybe once a week it's really noticeable.

Not sure how I managed to play like that for more than a year.

The game threw me a bit too quick to MGE, I believe. Struggling to get out of the 4th spot on the team score-wise and barely cracking the even kills to death ratio. Especially when matched up with a couple DMG's.

I still aim way too often at the body ffs. Trying to get rid of that but it's so hard. Playing often on DM servers with a HS mod on and it goes well after a while. But as soon as I hop into MM, it's gone.

baby

Man, this game feels disgusting with 100+ ping.

I never noticed it before because I was so used to it.. but since I went from playing on US servers daily to like.. maybe once a week it's really noticeable.

Not sure how I managed to play like that for more than a year.

imagine how i feel in gaf 10 mans when im accustomed to 5 ping to riverside

MayMay

Banned

My 8 recent matches. Man, this is depressing - ping does make a huge difference. I may be having alot of average games on EU servers, but I struggle to even go double digits with 130-150 ping (aka I'm BOT Mayhem) on US servers - which is really not fun.

I think I'm done with US servers for a while lol.

imagine how i feel in gaf 10 mans when im accustomed to 5 ping to riverside

Yeah, must be awful lol

Pretty sure ECNA is the strongest albeit smallest group here. I mean when I am the worst player from that region you know it is stacked.

FaceTurn

I don't have high hopes for C9 at the major after their recent performance at the Crown Invitational. Maybe they just underestimated Immunity and will step it up against more known teams.

Valkrai

I don't have high hopes for C9 at the major after their recent performance at the Crown Invitational. Maybe they just underestimated Immunity and will step it up against more known teams.

I don't know. Cloud9 has been massively disappointing since Cologne sadly :/

Omega

Banned

C9 had their peak a couple of months ago.
2352036-9320081384-i9pJQ1.gif

As for Immunity, I don't know why I expected C9 to win. Immunity is pretty good on T side while C9 is typically shit on CT side because you have players like sgares that like to stand in spots where, at best, he gets 1 kill but can't retreat afterwards because he's too exposed.

frbrr

I only drink to get on the same level as my russian comrades in solo queue.

Still can't pick one of the m4s and stick with it, they're both equally shit now.

Omega

Banned
I only drink to get on the same level as my russian comrades in solo queue.

Still can't pick one of the m4s and stick with it, they're both equally shit now.

for me it's on a per map basis. Mirage/Cache/Cobble I prefer the A4 because its usually close/medium range. For Train/Overpass/Cache I need the A1 because I cannot use the A4 at long range, I feel like its impossible.

I really hate how Valve removed the ability to buy both with buy binds. Everyone complaining about ladders and hitbox glitches and no more darude sandstorm during warmup but this was the worst "fix"

edit - http://www.gfycat.com/WetFeminineBrocketdeer

man they fucked it up more than I imagined. you can't even disconnect to switch weapons now if that's real

Ludono

for me it's on a per map basis. Mirage/Cache/Cobble I prefer the A4 because its usually close/medium range. For Train/Overpass/Cache I need the A1 because I cannot use the A4 at long range, I feel like its impossible.

I really hate how Valve removed the ability to buy both with buy binds. Everyone complaining about ladders and hitbox glitches and no more darude sandstorm during warmup but this was the worst "fix"

edit - http://www.gfycat.com/WetFeminineBrocketdeer

man they fucked it up more than I imagined. you can't even disconnect to switch weapons now if that's real

Yeah apparently it had to do with inventory syncing. If the CSGO inventory went down then you would be defaulted to A4, 5-7, Tec 9 but now the server stores the info client side when you connect so switching them mid game won't change it :(

frbrr

So we are pretty much back to the problem of everyone picking up an ak now.
Wasn't that something valve had a problem with like a year ago?

Omega

Banned
I'm pure trash at pistol rounds. My goodness.
most people are, plus there's a huge random factor in pistol rounds. sometimes you can spam shots with the glock and it's a headshot magnet, other times a water gun.

pistol rounds come down to whatever the glock feels like being for that round. no matter how good your aim is with the usp, it wont matter if some guy comes around the corner pretending his glock is a tec9 and gets a random headshot

Omega

Banned
watching this France vs Poland match..

I feel like Poland is a really underrated country in terms of CS. They don't even have a VP player but this is still a good roster consisting of players from the second and third best Polish teams.

People always talk about Sweden, but they fell off hard. like 16 months ago they had LGB/Fnatic/NiP and now NiP is barely even a tier 1 team at this point.

most people are, plus there's a huge random factor in pistol rounds. sometimes you can spam shots with the glock and it's a headshot magnet, other times a water gun.

pistol rounds come down to whatever the glock feels like being for that round. no matter how good your aim is with the usp, it wont matter if some guy comes around the corner pretending his glock is a tec9 and gets a random headshot

It's like, whenever I don't buy a pistol and get into a gunfight, I'll have several hits for like half health and then get killed. If I do buy a better pistol, I'll get instantly headshotted from across the map in 2 shots by the starter pistol.

Top Bottom