• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Counter-Strike: Global Offensive |OT3| Halo and Goodbye

MayMay

Banned
You guys are harsh.

Only to random solo teammates that annoy me. That guy, for example, was someone that complained and called the team "noobs" after 2 ppl died to someone with 1hp earlier in the match.

That, and I'm just generally sick and tired of playing this game on my own. I'm definitely not an outstanding player, and sometimes I think I may not even deserve the rank I have -- but then I queue up and meet ppl that are just soooooooo much worse (and more toxic!) that have the same rank, or are sometimes even higher ranked than me.

valve timer + kit + 4hp enemy + p90 = incredibly hard to screw up

Yeap, that too lol

Omega

Banned
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qdU5_KmiPRk

um, so that just happened :D Anyone know anything about Dopplers? I know that certain colours/patterns are worth more. If you can help me or know someone who can help me with a price please do :D

that could probably get you around 200 keys, more in items if you trade.

200k is around $500/€440/£325

almost forgot
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lC1OndSEzMU
courtesy of our benned friend overdoziz, may he rest in peace
lmao

for once I'm going to have to take m0e's side. It's not your teammates job to babysit you, at some point it needs to dawn on you that "i should rotate"
and it's not even just rotating. there's basic fucking shit that so many players fail to grasp, like idk, nading a common spot at the beginning of a round such as fountain on overpass, or long a on dust 2 (at least smoke it or flash...fucking do something)

so many people need to be walked through this game and its ridiculous. i make a ton of bad plays myself, but I'm not a bot that needs to be played through someone else in order to be somewhat useful.

MayMay

Banned
Ah god damn it lol, I hoped no one would see that!

I fucked up. Horrible spray on my part. I fucked up then, and I fucked up the round before that. Sucked because I played pretty consistent for the whole game.

And then I make 2 dumb mistakes and we tie :L Even though I blame the first mistake on our russian random teammate, he decided to push into a group of enemies on his own and instead of baiting I tried to help and we both died.

haveheart

Banned
Himmelsschmiede restocked knives and added info for international shipping in case anyone wants one.

However, prices have gone up...

Mokoi

Banned
A keyboard with lights is what matters. Got to mg2 with my cheap five dolla keyboard (u jelly) but spilled beer all over it and no longer worked.

Wait what. Does a KB really matter or is it just the personal feel to a specific KB that matters? Here I am, invested in a new expensive mouse and mousepad but bought a 10$ as well.

Ah god damn it lol, I hoped no one would see that!

I fucked up. Horrible spray on my part. I fucked up then, and I fucked up the round before that. Sucked because I played pretty consistent for the whole game.

And then I make 2 dumb mistakes and we tie :L Even though I blame the first mistake on our russian random teammate, he decided to push into a group of enemies on his own and instead of baiting I tried to help and we both died.

Yea, you played the lurk role on CT beautifully, can't pin that tie on those last rounds. Didn't a guy on your team go like 4-15 or so in the first 20 rounds? He did pick it up late, though.

Omega

Banned
Wait what. Does a KB really matter or is it just the personal feel to a specific KB that matters? Here I am, invested in a new expensive mouse and mousepad but bought a 10$ as well.

i used that shitty logitech keyboard for like a year and it was fine. It gets the job done

it just feels disgusting compared to my mechanical. keyboard is probably more about preference/comfort unlike mice, where the difference between a shitty $10 mouse and a $70 mouse is actually really noticeable.

MayMay

Banned

Yea, you played the lurk role on CT beautifully, can't pin that tie on those last rounds. Didn't a guy on your team go like 4-15 or so in the first 20 rounds? He did pick it up late, though.

Nah, KB does not matter. It's 100% personal preference. Sure, a mechanical keyboard feels nicer - but it does not affect your play.

And yeah. A big part of why we tied was because of that guy. He didnt really pick it up, either. He just started farming kills - rushed every round etc etc.

Fuck lurking, man. I hate doing that. But there's nothing else to do if they don't go to the site you hold. I played B solo for alot of rounds, and they never went there so I got bored and started pushing behind them lol
and then I obviously fuck it up in the last round :D

baby

kb does not matter. i really just use cherry reds because they feel way easier on my fingers

Thanks for info guys, appreciate it. Was dreading a new investment already lol

Nah, KB does not matter. It's 100% personal preference. Sure, a mechanical keyboard feels nicer - but it does not affect your play.

And yeah. A big part of why we tied was because of that guy. He didnt really pick it up, either. He just started farming kills - rushed every round etc etc.

Fuck lurking, man. I hate doing that. But there's nothing else to do if they don't go to the site you hold. I played B solo for alot of rounds, and they never went there so I got bored and started pushing behind them lol
and then I obviously fuck it up in the last round :D

I saw you liked that spot on top of the boxes near the tunnel entrance and actually a guy just walked past ya. Is that a common occurrence or do players actually anticipate that spot?

MayMay

Banned
I saw you liked that spot on top of the boxes near the tunnel entrance and actually a guy just walked past ya. Is that a common occurrence or do players actually anticipate that spot?

Most people at LE/LEM do not check that spot when they push out, at least from my experience. A while ago I got an "eco" ace against a full bought team, and that spot helped ALOT.

So just go ahead and hide there a few times a match. I tend to do it over and over until they finally push and see I'm there, afterwards I don't use it anymore because they'll most definitely check it.

I then tend to hide on the other side of the tunnel, so if they push out and check the spot on the right I can fuck em up from the left side.

Most people at LE/LEM do not check that spot when they push out, at least from my experience. A while ago I got an "eco" ace against a full bought team, and that spot helped ALOT.

So just go ahead and hide there a few times a match. I tend to do it over and over until they finally push and see I'm there, afterwards I don't use it anymore because they'll most definitely check it.

I then tend to hide on the other side of the tunnel, so if they push out and check the spot on the right I can fuck em up from the left side.

Ah I see, will definitely try that. A bit tired of Dust2 atm though, especially as a new guy, you just get bombarded with that map and it's the first one you learn. Been playing almost nonstop Mirage last week and last night had my first couple of cracks at Inferno. I think Inferno just skyrocketed to the top of my very short list, did quite well on that (25/15 in a win and 24/20 in a loss). Gotta learn the callouts and smokes though.

MayMay

Banned
Ah I see, will definitely try that. A bit tired of Dust2 atm though, especially as a new guy, you just get bombarded with that map and it's the first one you learn. Been playing almost nonstop Mirage last week and last night had my first couple of cracks at Inferno. I think Inferno just skyrocketed to the top of my very short list, did quite well on that (25/15 in a win and 24/20 in a loss). Gotta learn the callouts and smokes though.

Yeaaaaah, I hate Dust 2, but I still play it once in a while. Mostly when there's not enough ppl to fill up a lobby
or when cHinzo is playing

We should definitely play some matches at some point, there's a severe lack of european ppl to play with at the moment..

Apparently my win rate in mm is 37%

fml

That does not seem right, you'd be constantly deranking if that's truly the case - right? Weird.

Anyways.. it's these randoms - I tell ya! I always feel bad when we lose with you, because you obviously deserve way better lol

frbrr

That does not seem right, you'd be constantly deranking if that's truly the case - right? Weird.

Anyways.. it's these randoms - I tell ya! I always feel bad when we lose with you, because you obviously deserve way better lol

I guess it might be bugged, but it sure feels like 37%.

And yeah, it's the randoms. I don't know why every guy with a 4-12 score think they're some brilliant tactician
We started doing way better as soon as we muted him.

Yeaaaaah, I hate Dust 2, but I still play it once in a while. Mostly when there's not enough ppl to fill up a lobby
or when cHinzo is playing

We should definitely play some matches at some point, there's a severe lack of european ppl to play with at the moment..

Yea definitely, but it's still a bit too soon. Once I'm really comfortable and know I won't make a fool out of myself playing against Eagles and above, I'll start asking if I can join in on a few games. I do enjoy watching you guys play and learning the spots and maps.

Only problem is that in a couple of days I start my busy 'work' schedule where I'll be doing almost nonstop traveling (Poland, Bulgaria, Egypt and Gibraltar all within a month and a half). So that's gonna stall my progression in this game for a while. But I'm in it for the long run lol

frbrr

Yea definitely, but it's still a bit too soon. Once I'm really comfortable and know I won't make a fool out of myself playing against Eagles and above, I'll start asking if I can join in on a few games. I do enjoy watching you play and learning the spots and maps.

Only problem is that in a couple of days I start my busy 'work' schedule where I'll be doing almost nonstop traveling (Poland, Bulgaria, Egypt and Gibraltar all within a month and a half). So that's gonna stall my progression in this game for a while. But I'm in it for the long run lol

Honestly, just come play.
Playing against much better people will make you improve way faster.

Honestly, just come play.
Playing against much better people will make you improve way faster.

Thanks man, but I'm already having a real good challenge at the MGE/DMG ranks right now. Anything above that would just be throwing myself to the wolves and screwing you guys over.

Mokoi

Banned
Thanks man, but I'm already having a real good challenge at the MGE/DMG ranks right now. Anything above that would just be throwing myself to the wolves and screwing you guys over.
Can't be worse than bot baby.

Also who here know about the cyberspace real good. If I put lots of attenas on the roof and run copper wire into all the phone lines. Will I get blazing speeds?

Haribi

Why isn't there a Star Wars RPG? And wouldn't James Bond make for a pretty good FPS?
Got a nice little 1v5 in ESEA just now.
I was playing like shit up until that point so my hands shook like crazy after the 4th kill because I didn't have any confidence in my aiming that game and I didn't wanna screw the 1v5 up. Got lucky that the last guy had shittier aim.

https://streamable.com/jk0i

And of course the very next round this happens

https://streamable.com/o3j7

MayMay

Banned
Got a nice little 1v5 in ESEA just now.
I was playing like shit up until that point so my hands shook like crazy after the 4th kill because I didn't have any confidence in my aiming that game and I didn't wanna screw the 1v5 up. Got lucky that the last guy had shittier aim.

https://streamable.com/jk0i

And of course the very next round this happens

https://streamable.com/o3j7

Oh damn, nice 1v5 - good job! Also... I'm german but I've never seen the german CSGO before. Looks so weird. "Bombenort B" - oh jeeeez lol

I'd say just because of the situation most players are in when entering B-site, it's not unexpected, but more uncommon so therefore it's either one of the last few spots you check or they may not check it all together.

They don't check it to start off, because when you're in tunnels you have to worry about another 5 spots when pushing. You usually see people check Left Side of Tunnels, Platform, on site, Car, Etc before they even think about checking upper box. Then, if you let them on site and they haven't spotted you yet, you give them a false sense of security and they stop checking corners in order to get bomb down/hold down site from mid. It's why spots like Fence and Upper Box are so effective. It takes one guy not checking all their corners to let you back-stab all of them.

Spots like Upper Box and Fence are kind of one shot tricks though must matches, once you do play them and use them effectively, they start checking them, which is why you should start utilizing other trick spots, like middle of site boxes, behind platform barrels, etc.

Haribi

Why isn't there a Star Wars RPG? And wouldn't James Bond make for a pretty good FPS?
Oh damn, nice 1v5 - good job! Also... I'm german but I've never seen the german CSGO before. Looks so weird. "Bombenort B" - oh jeeeez lol

Haha yeah, the callouts really do look weird. But good thing you mention it, always forgot to change it back to english since reinstalling Steam.

Top Bottom