• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Counter-Strike: Global Offensive |OT3| Halo and Goodbye

I haven't played CS consistently in about six years now but I'm starting to get back into it with CS:GO. Judging by the way you lot are talking, I shouldn't use my 360 controller in this game, right?

lol

frbrr

Ok eu gaf, I have made 2 decisions.

1. We remove mirage from the map pool
2. No one is allowed to change their avatar until 2016, it's just too confusing right now.

MayMay

Banned
Can you make an exception for me? Changing my Steam avatar every other day is part of who I am :(

I fully support the 1st thing though, lets replace it with something fun like Train or.. maybe Overpass!? :p

Ludono

Ok eu gaf, I have made 2 decisions.

1. We remove mirage from the map pool
2. No one is allowed to change their avatar until 2016, it's just too confusing right now.

1. I love mirage
2. I literally just changed it

Emilia sexiest woman alive hell yea :D

I barely change my avatar anyway!

I have Hazard shit all over my house. I am a bit obsessed. He is just playing like complete garbage right now so he not using him right now either.

Yea he's been quite disappointing but get Courtois then. Dude's injured, so you can't blame him for playing bad lol. And wear it as a 'get well' avatar.

I feel like every 6 months or so i get real into this game for a few weeks and really enjoy competitive matches.

Then i get a string of shitty matches with smurfs/hackers/worthless teammates that makes me so salty about the whole thing.

I got some guy with 500 ping, another who insists on buying glock armor only for the first 5 rounds, and the other team is getting 3-4 headshots a round and seem to have an uncanny sense of when our rushes or pushes are happening.

I feel like every 6 months or so i get real into this game for a few weeks and really enjoy competitive matches.

Then i get a string of shitty matches with smurfs/hackers/worthless teammates that makes me so salty about the whole thing.

I got some guy with 500 ping, another who insists on buying glock armor only for the first 5 rounds, and the other team is getting 3-4 headshots a round and seem to have an uncanny sense of when our rushes or pushes are happening.

I end up enjoying the game when I have my 2/3 day good streak then wanting to die the next 4/5 bad days when I just get rekt. This game is fucking great when winning though :D

impact

Banned
seems like most of the people complaining about the game in here lately are just complaining that they get shit teammates

baby

seems like most of the people complaining about the game in here lately are just complaining that they get shit teammates

ran into a braindead supreme with no mic tonight so yea i can sympathize with that

the game itself is 10x less frustrating with the new hitboxes

luffeN

This just happened to me. Was trying to hit a guy and got killed from behind...

12138429_1010540019021292_9087072161828419351_o.jpg

MayMay

Banned
I wanted to buy a Steam controller but didnt.. gonna wait for some more impressions still.

Never gonna play CS with it though - fuuuuuck no! lol

haveheart

Banned
I made a short video. 5 minutes of me playing csgo with the steam controller.

https://youtu.be/Du9BhRrBRtY

I don't know what to say yet. The controller itself is really different from controllers I've used over the years. So I guess that's a good thing. The touchpads have haptic feedback, I didn't know that, but it feels good. The ABXY buttons are really small and somehow hard to reach although I have big hands and long fingers. Playing rocket league I often pressed the wrong button.

Regarding CSGO: Imho spray control is not possible, keeping/putting the crosshair where you want it to be works really good on the other hand. AWPing seems manageable. Movement control is really bad. Hard stops or counter strafing is out of the questions. But it's fun. I definitely think casual shooters are easy to handle. Of course it will take time to get used to this new layout and the touchpads.

For me - although I've only spent a few minutes with the controller - this is the best controller input option by far. I can really see myself playing racing games, casual shooters and building sims with the steam controller. Valve did a really good job! I like it :)

Edit: Of course I'm not thinking a controller would be a viable option for CSGO lol. I just wanted to see how it works out (not that good as u can tell from the video)

I made a short video. 5 minutes of me playing csgo with the steam controller.

https://youtu.be/Du9BhRrBRtY

I don't know what to say yet. The controller itself is really different from controllers I've used over the years. So I guess that's a good thing. The touchpads have haptic feedback, I didn't know that, but it feels good. The ABXY buttons are really small and somehow hard to reach although I have big hands and long fingers. Playing rocket league I often pressed the wrong button.

Regarding CSGO: Imho spray control is not possible, keeping/putting the crosshair where you want it to be works really good on the other hand. AWPing seems manageable. Movement control is really bad. Hard stops or counter strafing is out of the questions. But it's fun. I definitely think casual shooters are easy to handle. Of course it will take time to get used to this new layout and the touchpads.

For me - although I've only spent a few minutes with the controller - this is the best controller input option by far. I can really see myself playing racing games, casual shooters and building sims with the steam controller. Valve did a really good job! I like it :)

Edit: Of course I'm not thinking a controller would be a viable option for CSGO lol. I just wanted to see how it works out (not that good as u can tell from the video)

That's pretty cool dude, thanks for sharing.

is steam slow as fuck for anyone else?
its usually never a piece of shit this early so not sure if its just me

A little late, but it seems fine to me.

Omega

Banned
lets be honest, valve is gonna fuck with it and put it into a star or some shit

they already did 'not fucking with it' the first sticker major so they cant do it again in their minds

hey, eventually they'll run out of shapes to put in the background.

Omega

Banned
i used to get pretty lucky with trading. i want one of their skins, they wanted one of mine. if they were similarly priced then everyone was fine with it

now its like

trading p250 sand dune BS for st m9 crimson web fn or souvenir kennys dragon lore. anything else blocked + reported for scam

baby

if anyone wants to play a couple games, these are the last few hours ill probably playing til sunday night

finally getting out of this hellhole for a weekend :)

Top Bottom