• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Counter-Strike: Global Offensive |OT3| Halo and Goodbye

Omega

Banned
his trolling isn't even entertaining anymore.

everyone knows its an act but he still keeps trying harder and harder

edit - not chinzo

MayMay

Banned
During the Gaf game I wanted to go pick B long with an AWP on Cobble. Did it only once during the whole match, and when I announced Id do it cHinzo followed me and threw a flash unannounced - which fucked me up hard ;__;

Ill mention if I need a flashbang, thx lol

Still, I like cHinzo. No hate from me lol Well... maybe a little. His trolling can sometimes get a bit annoying lol

cHinzo

During the Gaf game I wanted to go pick B long with an AWP on Cobble. Did it only once during the whole match, and when I announced Id do it cHinzo followed me and threw a flash unannounced - which fucked me up hard ;__;

Ill mention if I need a flashbang, thx lol

Still, I like cHinzo. No hate from me lol Well... maybe a little. His trolling can sometimes get a bit annoying lol

Lmao, u said u were going for the long peek with that AWP, because u had a great spawn and I wanted to help u out. ;_;

Omega

Banned
the whole point of a great spawn is that for the most part you don't really need a flash, since you know, you'll probably beat the enemy there unless it's udiie with his fake ass bhops

we're not even that organized to make proper use of pop flashes with communication. did you really think it would work without communication

baby

the whole point of a great spawn is that for the most part you don't really need a flash, since you know, you'll probably beat the enemy there unless it's udiie with his fake ass bhops

we're not even that organized to make proper use of pop flashes with communication. did you really think it would work without communication

udiies 'bhops' are slower than running

Mokoi

Banned
Jumping up and down doesn't count as bhop.

I wish I could show ya bad people who are not the best of the best up. However, jacked wrist need to take long break.

cHinzo

Still a lot safer to flash someone in at for example Dust2 long or A main regardless if u have a good spawn or not lol.

MayMay

Banned
No one falls for the flash at B long Cobble, tho. It'd be more surprising for someone to just straight up peek without a flash. Id expect that less than the flash that ppl always throw before they jump up there. Or - even worse, the smoke at B long.

During the gaf game I got a sick headshot through the smoke on baby because I just sprayed down the smoke since I knew he'd jump up there. lol

Same if ppl peek A long on D2, the flash gives it away lol It'd only work if we had sick popflashes and we do not have that.

Omega

Banned
Still a lot safer to flash someone in at for example Dust2 long or A main regardless if u have a good spawn or not lol.
but we played cobble

udiie, took your suggestion from the 'shoe' thread and bought myself a pair of Desert Boots this weekend.
thumbsup.gif

I now have something to wear while I play dust2.
udiie's now helped two people get shoes and i havent done anything of value for you guys :(

Lourio

udiie, took your suggestion from the 'shoe' thread and bought myself a pair of Desert Boots this weekend.
thumbsup.gif

I now have something to wear while I play dust2.

cHinzo

No one falls for the flash at B long Cobble, tho. It'd be more surprising for someone to just straight up peek without a flash. Id expect that less than the flash that ppl always throw before they jump up there. Or - even worse, the smoke at B long.

During the gaf game I got a sick headshot through the smoke on baby because I just sprayed down the smoke since I knew he'd jump up there. lol

Same if ppl peek A long on D2, the flash gives it away lol It'd only work if we had sick popflashes and we do not have that.

Try it next time. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

I made a short video. 5 minutes of me playing csgo with the steam controller.

https://youtu.be/Du9BhRrBRtY

I don't know what to say yet. The controller itself is really different from controllers I've used over the years. So I guess that's a good thing. The touchpads have haptic feedback, I didn't know that, but it feels good. The ABXY buttons are really small and somehow hard to reach although I have big hands and long fingers. Playing rocket league I often pressed the wrong button.

Regarding CSGO: Imho spray control is not possible, keeping/putting the crosshair where you want it to be works really good on the other hand. AWPing seems manageable. Movement control is really bad. Hard stops or counter strafing is out of the questions. But it's fun. I definitely think casual shooters are easy to handle. Of course it will take time to get used to this new layout and the touchpads.

For me - although I've only spent a few minutes with the controller - this is the best controller input option by far. I can really see myself playing racing games, casual shooters and building sims with the steam controller. Valve did a really good job! I like it :)

Edit: Of course I'm not thinking a controller would be a viable option for CSGO lol. I just wanted to see how it works out (not that good as u can tell from the video)

Have you tried the gyro? People started to use it as aim fine tuning or more and say they have a better time than before. Like this guy in DM: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GKuO9M0WuMg

Here's a Valve dev setting it up for MGSV: https://www.reddit.com/r/Steam/comments/3pc69q/valve_dev_shows_gyro_aiming_with_the_steam/

Xizk

Ez skins on Titan vs Fnatic this time as well. Too bad VP let me down so that ate away some of my profit. I wonder if they will bounce back at the major as they have been poor online lately.

Ludono

Well shit, it's a good thing both of these things are happening next week! ( ͡~ ͜ʖ ͡°)

King of Banana, God Allu, BestCSPlayer #1 GeT_RiGhT, BestCSPlayer#2 F0rest, and... Xizt gonna run over Virtus.Throw, FreeSM, Choke9, KEnVyUS, and Fnatic using the power of NiP Magic and Friendship.

I believe

What? No stupid pun name for Fnatic?

impact

Banned
I totally glanced over that post as well.

KEnVyUS..

since when is KennyS the strongest part of nV? lol

He thinks GTR and f0rest are the best CSGO players so he obviously doesn't know shit

Happy is a god. Happy is better than the entire NiP squad combined.

haveheart

Banned
Have you tried the gyro? People started to use it as aim fine tuning or more and say they have a better time than before. Like this guy in DM: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GKuO9M0WuMg

Here's a Valve dev setting it up for MGSV: https://www.reddit.com/r/Steam/comments/3pc69q/valve_dev_shows_gyro_aiming_with_the_steam/

no, I have not tried this yet. But I'll do tomorrow. This looks great.

And as he stated – as I've stated before – the controller really works great for casual/singleplayer FPS. I'm basically a PC guy but I've had SNES, PS2, Dreamcast, Xbox, 360 and I've got to say this is definitely the most precise controller I've ever used. Worth mentioning that it's a pretty new approach and you have to get used to it.

I'll be reporting on the gyro thing tomorrow (if I find the time).

Top Bottom