• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Counter-Strike: Global Offensive |OT3| Halo and Goodbye

Omega

Banned
i know you're not being serious but i love how people act like that's a thing. These teams do the same shit every tournament. It comes down to execution, making the right call at the right time and just making plays. There's maybe a handful of new strats, but that's about it.

it was phrased as "save it for nationals" in the fighting game scene, and it never worked because how could it? You're not applying it in real match situations.

Same would apply in CS. Just because your secret 100k winning strat works against powerhouse squad of Bot Tim/Joe/Frank/Bill/Jake doesn't mean it will work at a major.
if they get knocked out at groups im pretty sure theres going to be a roster change

Not gonna happen. NA will never win a major so why risk it? They make more than enough through stickers so the org won't care as long as they're good enough to qualify for majors, which they are.

if they get knocked out at groups im pretty sure theres going to be a roster change

Who would you replace? I can't really see any other NA guys wanting to change teams, unless you're gonna get a shitty like M0e.

Only Roster Change I see happening is -Freak +Swag, if Swag ever gets unbanned.

FaceTurn

Swag and Freak play different roles. If anything Swag would replace N0thing if there was to be a roster change. IIRC Cloud9 struggled a bit to qualify for this major. They nearly lost against some relatively unknown team. None of the Aussie teams made it either.

Omega

Banned
Swag and Freak play different roles. If anything Swag would replace N0thing if there was to be a roster change. IIRC Cloud9 struggled a bit to qualify for this major. They nearly lost against some relatively unknown team. None of the Aussie teams made it either.

huh?

they easily qualified. 2-0'd ROCCAT and Dignitas, only one of the games were close.

baby

roles arent some kind of permanent thing players have to stick to. if anything swag is one of the most versatile players out there i dont think hell have a huge issue playing for freak

Clydefrog

10 kills, 1 assist, 4 deaths and 45 points. Such efficiency.

3ieG2Zh.jpg

So uhh... I started playing this game on a Keyboard and Mouse.

Why did no one tell me how easy it was. Man I would have used a Keyboard and Mouse forever ago if I knew aiming was this easy. ᕦ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)ᕤ

FaceTurn

huh?

they easily qualified. 2-0'd ROCCAT and Dignitas, only one of the games were close.

Yeah wasn't the ROCCAT game super tight though?

roles arent some kind of permanent thing players have to stick to. if anything swag is one of the most versatile players out there i dont think hell have a huge issue playing for freak

Granted I haven't been following the scene too closely but I swear Swag has always been a lurker not an entry fragger. He's the kind of player you want to clutch not die first into site.

baby

Granted I haven't been following the scene too closely but I swear Swag has always been a lurker not an entry fragger. He's the kind of player you want to clutch not die first into site.

hes just as capable of doing either is all im saying

Divius

Got a nice 1v4 Deagle 4k with 2 juan deags. We were on eco and the other team was cocky. They had every right to be though, they slaughtered my team.

Omega

Banned

The top 4 teams are the top 4 teams because outside of IGL, no one is forced to play a certain role. Depending on the map, there's always someone else awping on TSM. NV has at minimum, 3 people that can entry frag. Hell, with VP they're constantly switching IGLs between Taz and Neo, and on a stream once I heard that even Snax calls sometimes.

gotta have all-around players or you're fucked like NiP/C9 when your entry fragger is just a bot or G2 where maikelele is the main awper even though fox/dennis are more than capable of awping, but since maikelele is awful at everything else he has to awp.

FaceTurn

The top 4 teams are the top 4 teams because outside of IGL, no one is forced to play a certain role.
gotta have all-around players or you're fucked like NiP/C9

Yeah fair point. My first taste of comp CS was watching NiP so I thought everyone had their role and all you would need to do is focus on doing that.

Frostburn

^Nice!

Just started playing again a few weeks ago and I'm only Gold Nova Master right now, I play with 2 real life friends that are still learning a lot about the game (Mostly the teamwork and strategy involved along with call outs) it seems at this level however the two random people that join us in match making are almost always complete rubbish. If I don't have a VERY good game our chances of loosing are super high, we loose even sometimes when my performance is good. I try to help by being a sort of IGL unless someone else steps up but it is a crap-shoot most games as to whether people listen or not.

Here's a problem with being an in game leader with randoms. Randoms a lot of the time don't like being bossed around. I wouldn't either if I didn't know the guy.

I'll listen to someone if they take input from the rest of the team. It's the ones that refuse to listen to others that annoy me.
I am sometimes this way.

Hixx

I like it when people get angry and decide they are IGL and their strats amount to "BUY A DEAGLE AND RUSH B" every round

image.php

Top Bottom