• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Counter-Strike: Global Offensive |OT3| Halo and Goodbye

Frostburn

Here's a problem with being an in game leader with randoms. Randoms a lot of the time don't like being bossed around. I wouldn't either if I didn't know the guy.

Yeah it is more of a "lets try this", "okay site is clear push and watch connector", if someone says I want to try B this time I'm fine with that. I just sort of take up the position since if I don't no one else will call anything and the lack of communication makes the game worse. Not bossing anyone around, plus as I said, 2 of the other people are my friends and so that is at least 3 of us on the same page.

Forgot to mention, started playing CS beta in late 1999, was maybe the first or second version released, was playing on that 56k modem. I've played every version since with breaks here and there for up to a year (GO) or two (Source). I remember resisting Steam because it sucked when they first released it until they basically forced it on CS players or tempted us with early access to Source or something.

^Nice!

Just started playing again a few weeks ago and I'm only Gold Nova Master right now, I play with 2 real life friends that are still learning a lot about the game (Mostly the teamwork and strategy involved along with call outs) it seems at this level however the two random people that join us in match making are almost always complete rubbish. If I don't have a VERY good game our chances of loosing are super high, we loose even sometimes when my performance is good. I try to help by being a sort of IGL unless someone else steps up but it is a crap-shoot most games as to whether people listen or not.

Don't ever expect them to listen. Try it out and if they refuse to listen or it doesn't work, just play your own game and try to win by other means. Pretty much the only way you'll ever guarantee you'll win the round is by entrying. Entrying as in, clearing a site by killing 2 people and holding site. That or at least entry one, and pray your teammate trades you out clearing site in a 4v3. Cause other than that, you can't control your 4 other randoms.

When I try to IGL, it's usually simple starts and I kind of state why we should try it. "Okay guys... they play 2 B, 1 mid, 2 A... the two A spend their first 10 seconds setting up nades and such. Rush through smoke, they play ______ and _____. If you rush through smoke, since we haven't tried it yet, you'll catch them nade out and get the easy kills." More complex strats that require teamwork are a lot harder to pull off, so it usually just amounts to "The entire team go here, go here hard, smoke off once you get site, don't push and just hold site."

Frostburn

I listen to where my team is going and then I go to the other side of the map. :^)

Heh I've always played the Lurk or entry frag type roll on teams myself though with CS GO lately I've found I'm actually good with the AWP for the first time in my history of playing CS.

I listen to where my team is going and then I go to the other side of the map. :^)

Lurking is so much fun and so satisfying if you do it well. I always love playing the lurk role, sucks when my team can't handle entry themselves or can't take sites themselves, so I can't lurk at all in any games. :(

impact

Banned
The lurker should always be a player with high skill and high knowledge/gamesense to give you the best chance of winning the round in a clutch situation

JUST SAYING. STOP LURKING WHEN YOU FUCKIN SUCK DICK.

cHinzo

Lurking is all about timing. When to push in, when to flank and knowing where the enemies are to stop their pushes. Hate to see people just staying on the same spot the whole round and call it lurking lol.

Edit: also, if u suck dick in this game, no role is gonna help u. :d

Omega

Banned
Lurking is all about timing. When to push in, when to flank and knowing where the enemies are to stop their pushes. Hate to see people just staying on the same spot the whole round and call it lurking lol.

Edit: also, if u suck dick in this game, no role is gonna help u. :d

play the freakazoid role. be the bait that rushes in to die

edit - after our discussion last night i started catching up on The League. god damn Andre is just the worst.

Ludono

I like it when people get angry and decide they are IGL and their strats amount to "BUY A DEAGLE AND RUSH B" every round

image.php

Quiche is the new Semphis

MayMay

Banned
they can't even add stickers without fucking up updaterate so it's not surprising

I suppose it does make sense.. Overpass is a map 100% created by Valve. Neither Hidden Path nor any other ppl had any hand in the map. And while they got the layout right (took them a ton of iterations and changes though!) it's not really surprising that it's full of bugs..

because as you said.. Valve can't even add stickers without breaking something lol

MayMay

Banned
cHinzo buys up on an eco, blames the round loss on the team "we could've won if someone killed the quad guy" yea haha without armor and guns

and your p90 isnt gonna help anyone if you get one kill and die during the site push

>_<

cHinzo

cHinzo buys up on an eco, blames the round loss on the team "we could've won if someone killed the quad guy" yea haha without armor and guns

and your p90 isnt gonna help anyone if you get one kill and die during the site push

>_<
3 guys facing the quad guy and we didnt even do damage to him. Dnno what was more sad. That or the 5 vs 3 we lost on B with an empty site and no bomb plant lol. :d

cHinzo

Fun games today with the EUGaf gang. Fragged alright. :D No tilt will stop the trolling! Or no troll will stop the tilt? Hmmm. :>

^Nice!

Just started playing again a few weeks ago and I'm only Gold Nova Master right now, I play with 2 real life friends that are still learning a lot about the game (Mostly the teamwork and strategy involved along with call outs) it seems at this level however the two random people that join us in match making are almost always complete rubbish. If I don't have a VERY good game our chances of loosing are super high, we loose even sometimes when my performance is good. I try to help by being a sort of IGL unless someone else steps up but it is a crap-shoot most games as to whether people listen or not.

Yeah most randoms are pretty crappy. :d Just don't expect anything from them and it can only get better!

frbrr

I'll look at some demos tomorrow and figure out why our train ct sides are so shit
All of our recent games on that map should have been easy wins :(

Omega

Banned
I'll look at some demos tomorrow and figure out why our train ct sides are so shit

you should watch my demos instead and let me know why I'm playing worse than a controller player

MayMay

Banned

I just suck on that map lately, dunno what to say. Like, 31 kills on Overpass - had a really good game and carried ur ass :)P). Next match on train I did below average at best.

Maybe you need to start playing connector and Ill take over B or whatever your spot is. Because lately I just don't get the picks anymore.

I think that's the biggest thing, I can only play train during the day when I'm not tired because I get the picks on the ppl crossing - but when we play at night my reaction time is too slow for that

Fourstacked with friends, got a toxic russian as fifth, kicked him after losing 3 rounds and then went on to win 16-6. I really dont understand how these people get to supreme/global

Xizk

If anyone in this thread wants to buy some steam games at a discount then message me as I need to convert some wallet balance into rent balance.

I'm considering selling my newly built gaming PC and was thinking about getting a decent/medium range laptop instead. Since CS is definitely my go-to game at the moment whenever I'm actually on the PC, I was wondering how it would run on a good laptop. Anyone got any experience?

Top Bottom