• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Counter-Strike: Global Offensive |OT3| Halo and Goodbye

MayMay

Banned
Its not a very taxing game, so I assume it'll run perfectly fine. With how popular this game is, chances are someone played it on the laptop of your choice. So if you find something you want to buy I'm sure it'd be easy to research how CS runs on it.

Some ppl here also play CS on their laptops.

I'm considering selling my newly built gaming PC and was thinking about getting a decent/medium range laptop instead. Since CS is definitely my go-to game at the moment whenever I'm actually on the PC, I was wondering how it would run on a good laptop. Anyone got any experience?

When my on board gfx starting shitting the bed and I only got 15-30 fps I was pretty much a Daredevil. Aiming based on intuition - not outdated eyesight. With only 15 frames per second you're forced to out think your opponents and elevate your play. Now that I have a real PC I'm only supreme - whereas on my shit laptop I think it said global, kinda hard to tell when CS crashed every other time I loaded the game.

I rate shit laptop gaming 15-30/144

Ludono

I'm considering selling my newly built gaming PC and was thinking about getting a decent/medium range laptop instead. Since CS is definitely my go-to game at the moment whenever I'm actually on the PC, I was wondering how it would run on a good laptop. Anyone got any experience?

I mean if you absolutely have to then take a look at the ASUS ROG line, they're generally more affordable than Alienware or Razer but with comparable specs. I'm using a 2012 Asus ROG Laptop which holds up alright, paid about $500 for it a year ago, used.

Never get a laptop for gaming

I play on a laptop simply because I can't exactly ship my 50kg PC Tower overseas on a whim, it's fine for CS :p

Ludono

almost everyone I know who plays on a laptop has some kind of massive issue.

Me? Have issues? NEVER

But yeah of course I'd prefer using a desktop but what can I do :(

I'll look at some demos tomorrow and figure out why our train ct sides are so shit
All of our recent games on that map should have been easy wins :(

Well yesterday we had Quiche on full tilt and Hinzo on full troll I think. May and I cooled off from that Overpass match so it was basically just you doing all the heavy lifting. If we play normally I think we'd still get our wins.

the state of global is sad :(

Someone waving his dick around eh? xD

frbrr

Well yesterday we had Quiche on full tilt and Hinzo on full troll I think. May and I cooled off from that Overpass match so it was basically just you doing all the heavy lifting. If we play normally I think we'd still get our wins.

I think I figured it out.
The top teams usually just leave one guy to spot at B and play 4 on A with a fast rotator from connector.
We should do better if we try that next time.

Ludono

I think I figured it out.
The top teams usually just leave one guy to spot at B and play 4 on A with a fast rotator from connector.
We should do better if we try that next time.

So one guy spotting lower and / or upper B playing from where? Left/Right side?

Then one player connector with an AWP (if possible) watching T main, one on bomb train holding pop, one holding Ivy, and one holding T Main from T Hell?

Like so?

A68b.png

MayMay

Banned
So one guy spotting lower and / or upper B playing from where? Left/Right side?

Then one player connector with an AWP (if possible) watching T main, one on bomb train holding pop, one holding Ivy, and one holding T Main from T Hell?

Like so?

Yeap, we should do something along these lines + incorporate what vinka just posted with dynamic spots to be unpredictable etc.

Ludono

Yeap, we should do something along these lines + incorporate what vinka just posted with dynamic spots to be unpredictable etc.

Well I was just trying to illustrate what I meant, but yeah we should switch up the positions to keep the other team guessing.

Wouldn't be half bad to come up with dot maps like for all our maps since our CT sides are generally pretty weak it seems.

I think that overpass game saved me from a derank lol

Also, I'm a T sided player :p

MayMay

Banned
He's 'murican after all! :D

I dont like fixed spots btw, but that's me. :> Like to stay unpredictable. U can expect 20+ frags on every map from me though, so np!

Well, the green dots are all over the place so that'd be you.

Also, 20+ non-impact frags :p

Omega

Banned

I dont like fixed spots btw, but that's me. :> Like to stay unpredictable. U can expect 20+ frags on every map from me though, so np!

p90 rushing isn't unpredictable. eventually a team will catch onto it

watching Dig vs Fnatic at cologne 2014. i forgot how different Overpass used to be.
fun fact: this is the map that gave us the art on the building next to b site

Hixx

Nobody should. I don't play with you guys often (only Ludono and Quiche like me enough to consider me, so fuck the rest of you and your disgusting disdain of Cher) but what I take away from CT sides is that people have their position and they stick to it. And then things like "this guy gets me every time" are said and nothing changes and then not even Cher can save us.

Ludono

Nobody should. I don't play with you guys often (only Ludono and Quiche like me enough to consider me, so fuck the rest of you and your disgusting disdain of Cher) but what I take away from CT sides is that people have their position and they stick to it. And then things like "this guy gets me every time" are said and nothing changes and then not even Cher can save us.

Not fixed spots per say, but general positions they should be assigned to so we have a good coverage of the map while holding each others angles. If certain positions aren't working then switch them up but gotta have some method to the madness.

EDIT: And while yes, Hinzo might rush around the map willy nilly and rack up 20+ frags he'll get killed eventually and leave us to have to watch more angles. Plus if all 5 players ran around doing that we'd just be playing CoD.

MayMay

Banned
Whatever dude, watch the demos from yesterday's games and come back lol.

All the frags in the world dont count if you tilt the team with your trolling and sabotaging.

You know, back in the day Shadownet also often had alot of kills with the way he played lurk. Didnt help us win the games either.

frbrr

No one is saying everyone should play exactly the same spot every round, that's a recipe for disaster.
You need a basic setup though, changing your position based on what happens in the game is just common sense.

Running all over the map based on where you personally think they'll hit is also a recipe for disaster, it forces everyone else to change their setup, no doubt leaving holes in the defense all over the place

cHinzo

All the frags in the world dont count if you tilt the team with your trolling and sabotaging.

You know, back in the day Shadownet also often had alot of kills with the way he played lurk. Didnt help us win the games either.

Looks more like an excuse to get 10 frags each game to me. :d But just rewatch the demos. Should see the big gaps in our setups. Spreading out across the map is a good thing lol.

MayMay

Banned
Looks more like an excuse to get 10 frags each game to me. :d

Honestly? Not really.

You teamflash the shit out of everyone, sabotage them by fucking up the economy, dont listen to the strats / help out with what is called, pretend you suddenly dont know what you're doing anymore during clutches etc etc etc.

Everyone is annoyed by the trolling, and it certainly does not help win games.

But I'm glad that you manage to pad your stats nicely, at least, with that soloqueue mentality. Other people might "get 10 frags each game" but at least they don't sabotage the team.

Shane

In LE I've had polar opposites between games.

Win 13-1 (surrender), win 16-10, then lose 3-16. With three more 14-16 losses.

Play a team that get headshots all over the place. Then play a team that can't hit a thing.

Ranking is broad.

I do need to continue practicing my pistol round; my current weakness.

Clydefrog

I hate it when my team yells/laughs at me like "hahaha wow you're bad" but I swear to god my crosshair was on the enemy the whole time.

MayMay

Banned
I'd like to join a game with you lot. What time? I have driving lessons 7-9 (UK time).

Won't be home for another hour or so.

Usually late at night EU time.. not sure yet. We dont have set times we just look if there's enough ppl around lol

Top Bottom