• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Counter-Strike: Global Offensive |OT3| Halo and Goodbye

Haribi

Why isn't there a Star Wars RPG? And wouldn't James Bond make for a pretty good FPS?
Earlier today there was a thread about Steel on Reddit. I think it was called "Steel's thoughts on him being banned" or something? Anyways, I wanted to watch it later but now I can't find it anywhere, did anyone watch that video and can post a link?

Earlier today there was a thread about Steel on Reddit. I think it was called "Steel's thoughts on him being banned" or something? Anyways, I wanted to watch it later but now I can't find it anywhere, did anyone watch that video and can post a link?

I found it, but it was made private.

Omega

Banned

i watched it but its not even in my history, youtube or browser..

it was pretty much him saying how he cheated because for the longest time there wasn't really any money for CS players so they took an opportunity to make money. then went on to say how he didn't think this game would ever get this big so how do you think it feels being banned

you have to remember there was was smaller cut of sticker sales going to teams, as well as a smaller base buying those stickers. on top of that back in 2014 they werent handing out sponsorships like candy on halloween.

and basically like any reddit thread it turned into "you're not a victim stfu" even though he wasn't playing the victim and simply answered a question

Haribi

Why isn't there a Star Wars RPG? And wouldn't James Bond make for a pretty good FPS?
i watched it but its not even in my history, youtube or browser..

it was pretty much him saying how he cheated because for the longest time there wasn't really any money for CS players so they took an opportunity to make money. then went on to say how he didn't think this game would ever get this big so how do you think it feels being banned

you have to remember there was was smaller cut of sticker sales going to teams, as well as a smaller base buying those stickers. on top of that back in 2014 they werent handing out sponsorships like candy on halloween.

and basically like any reddit thread it turned into "you're not a victim stfu" even though he wasn't playing the victim and simply answered a question

Thanks

baby

yea iBP was pretty unlucky in terms of sponsorships. werent payed a thing by ibp besides travel costs and subpar used computers all while being the best american team

First game I'm trying my new Elite Controller on is Counter-Strike.

After mapping my paddles, I can finally inspect my weapon, and talk without moving my thumb off the Movement and Aiming sticks.

Like a whole new game now :O

EDIT: I can finally tap-fire the AK-47 accurately. KreyGasm. It's glorious.

Valkrai

After mapping my paddles, I can finally inspect my weapon, and talk without moving my thumb off the Movement and Aiming sticks.

Ew

if you went out and bought some cheap 15 dollar keyboard (like me) you could have saved $135

Ludono

he didnt even have to spend money, he owns a keyboard. he uses it to spew crap on the forums

Nah he probably uses this

360keypad.jpg

Let me just channel the collective thoughts of EU Gaf:

FUUUUUUUUUCK

We need to hit the DMs

Omega

Banned
Nah he probably uses this

360keypad.jpg

We need to hit the DMs

lol

he would but i'm pretty sure they didnt make one for the xb1

edit - checked and one comes out on the 19th. He's in luck! he can finally throw away that pesky keyboard and make room for more controllers using shitty stickers that feature stolen artwork.

MayMay

Banned
We need to hit the DMs

I did well enough :p, had 27 frags. Vinka ended on 31 I think. Not sure what the numbers for everyone else were though - I tend to not to look at the scoreboard too much during the match.

Out CT side sucks, fact. We need to work on that. Really important because it literally sucks on every map now.

Our T side is fucking amazing though, also a fact.

What was it at the half? 2-13 or 3-12? Hey - we managed to come back and at least lose with a respectable 14-16 score instead of 3-16... lol

That Swag 7 thing tilted us so hard.

Ludono

I did well enough :p, had 27 frags. Vinka ended on 31 I think. Not sure what the numbers for everyone else were though - I tend to not to look at the scoreboard too much during the match.

Out CT side sucks, fact. We need to work on that. Really important because it literally sucks on every map now.

Our T side is fucking amazing though, also a fact.

What was it at the half? 2-13 or 3-12? Hey - we managed to come back and at least lose with a respectable 14-16 score instead of 3-16... lol

That Swag 7 thing tilted us so hard.

I feel like it has to do, at least partly, with the M4 being absolute shit now. It's so difficult to get kills with it nowadays, at least for me. Once I have an AK I turn on. AWPing I'm decent at but I generally don't AWP when I play with you guys.

Other than that I don't know what the problem is. We have our set ups, we communicate, but once we get entried we have a hard time reacting it seems.

Divius

Our CT side sucks, fact. We need to work on that. Really important because it literally sucks on every map now.
I feel like I am usually better on CT than T. Even though the new m4a1-s sucks so nowadays I try to get my hands on an AK asap.

edit: beaten by Ludono and we both used the word 'nowadays' wtf

MayMay

Banned
RIP, my average frags per game across my last 8 matches is 22. That's alright. Still deranked to LE tho ;_;

Gotta fix up dat CT side

Valkrai

RIP, my average frags per game across my last 8 matches is 22. That's alright. Still deranked to LE tho ;_;

Gotta fix up dat CT side

I feel like I need to improve my T side. I'm feeling like the complete opposite where I like the A1-S and just throw away the A4 with my lack of experience with it.

Omega

Banned
I feel like it has to do, at least partly, with the M4 being absolute shit now. It's so difficult to get kills with it nowadays, at least for me. Once I have an AK I turn on. AWPing I'm decent at but I generally don't AWP when I play with you guys.

Other than that I don't know what the problem is. We have our set ups, we communicate, but once we get entried we have a hard time reacting it seems.

Some people just aren't good at holding shit, not really much you can do about that.

If one guy can't hold his spot, it pretty much fucks it up for the entire team.

cHinzo

The weirdest thing is, since the laggy lobbies my game hasn't crashed a single time :O

Let's hope they don't 'fix' it. :^)

Welp, looks like the Steam servers are down. Just wanted to replay some demos. >_> Destroyed a team early on Dust2 that 3 of them ragequit lol. They came back with less than a minute left from going on cooldown, the wussies.

Omega

Banned
Let's hope they don't 'fix' it. :^)

Welp, looks like the Steam servers are down. Just wanted to replay some demos. >_> Destroyed a team early on Dust2 that 3 of them ragequit lol. They came back with less than a minute left from going on cooldown, the wussies.

its Tuesday at 7PM EST

when will you guys ever learn that this is when steam goes down

Hey want to win this?
s16.png

All you have to do is predict the winners at Dreamhack. Here is how it is going to work.

Successful Group Match Pick 1 Point
Successful Quarter Final Match Pick 2 Points
Successful Semi Finals Pick 3 Points
Successful Finals Pick 5 Points

You will also have a chance of getting 1 point everyday my guessing the final round score of the match of the day. ex Dignitas 16-7 Fnatic

Thats it. No stupid stickers that you have to buy, no skins to bet. Have the most points at the end and you win simple as that. If for some reason there is a tie, the tie will be broken by whoever closest guessed the round score of the final's match, then if need be the semi-final match and so on. If some how you fuckers manage to fuck this up and completely tie, I'll think of something.

The only other rule is once you make your pick do not edit you picks or all your picks will be DQ'ed and of course have your picks in before the scheduled start of the first match of the day. 1000 CET, 0500 EST, 0200 PST.

So copy the below into your post Bold who you think will win and hope for the best. Don't forget to make your guess for the Match of the day as well.

Fnatic V Vexed
LG V C9
F3 V TSM
G2 V Mouz
VP V Liquid
NiP V Titan
EnVyUs V Dignitas (Match of the Day)
Na'Vi V CLG

baby

Fnatic V Vexed
LG V C9
F3 V TSM
G2 V Mouz iBP
VP V Liquid
NiP V Titan
EnVyUs V Dignitas (Match of the Day)
Na'Vi V CLG

Ludono

Cool idea littleworm!

Fnatic V Vexed
LG V C9
F3 V TSM
G2 V Mouz
VP V Liquid
NiP V Titan
EnVyUs V Dignitas (Match of the Day) 16-8
Na'Vi V CLG

Huh..
mouseports is going to be the surprise this tournament I tell you

Mouz was the only team I kind of hesitated not picking. Mouz definitely has better team-work and starts than Kinguin... but G2 just outskills everyone other than maybe NIKO, so I'm leaning a little towards G2. I put them 50/50 though, and wouldn't be surprised or upset if Mouz takes it home. I like Mouz more than I like G2.

Top Bottom