• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Counter-Strike: Global Offensive |OT3| Halo and Goodbye

Haribi

Why isn't there a Star Wars RPG? And wouldn't James Bond make for a pretty good FPS?
MLG will apparently start simulcasting on Twitch next year so should be fine.

That would be great.

I really hope Valve goes the Dota route with CSGO and decides to hold 4 majors a year. 3 in Europe and 1 in NA would be perfect.

Winter - MLG X Games
Spring - ESL Katowice
Summer - ESL Cologne
Fall - Dreamhack in Sweden

What I also would like to see is that they don't decide on what tournament will be a major on the fly, but decide on 4 events that will always be the majors and try to build a brand around them.
Copy the Tennis model so to speak. In Tennis everybody knows the Grand Slams, everybody knows when and where they are held and everybody knows that they are the most important tournaments.
It should be the same in CSGO so that the 4 majors are always the same tournaments during the same time period every year.

Disxo

That would be great.

I really hope Valve goes the Dota route with CSGO and decides to hold 4 majors a year. 3 in Europe and 1 in NA would be perfect.

Winter - MLG X Games
Spring - ESL Katowice
Summer - ESL Cologne
Winter - Dreamhack Winter in Sweden

What I also would like to see is that they don't decide on what tournament will be a major on the fly, but decide on 4 events that will always be the majors and try to build a brand around them.
Copy the Tennis model so to speak. In Tennis everybody knows the Grand Slams, everybody knows when and where they are held and everybody knows that they are the most important tournaments.
It should be the same in CSGO so that the 4 majors are always the same tournaments during the same time period every year.

Yes, and a bigger prize pool (500000, not 250000). Or we can fund it as a sort of compendium?
I used to want some sort of ti for csgo but the major system is better.

Shane

No case. Again.

However, I did win four games in a row tonight. One was 16-2 and another 16-3. We won a tight game with a decoy tactic.

Been practicing my pistol round in DM and it's really paying off. Armour and aim for the head.

Games of the championship I saw today were a little underwhelming.

baby

matchmaking is some real weird shit. had a dude go 'what rank is this' 'team sucks' and all that crap after we went 0-6. was only fragging above one dude. we bring it back 9-6 and hes bottom fragging. he spoke once and has been typing all game. we lose another 4 rounds and he just straight up leaves. we tied without him rofl

udiie

my final day's player picks were incredible... its a shame i picked absolutely terribly the first 4 days
L5gwNTP.jpg

Cruncho

JFC, that font tho

I woulda done okay on the last day if i picked just NV, the nip guys I had got me a total of 40 points :[

MayMay

Banned
I had Bob Ross on in the background while working 24/7 since the whole thing started on twitch. And because I havent really slept in days, and only consumed caffeine in various forms that's alot of Bob Ross time.

gonna quit CS and become a master painter once I'm not so busy anymore I swear.

Gonna make all kinds of happy little things.

Disxo

Fcking lurkers are starting to talk now. Trying to reach that 5 post count son? Too bad there are no giveaways atm!

Lurkers arhgh!!! Edit: I see... my bad
There has to be a rank requirement for giveaways imo, or just a post count.

Btw: how can i see post counts?

baby

I still wonder why you put allu there sbd.
Anyways cheer up those that put a fnatic player list have to be much more sad.

have u been reading this thread. he legit thinks allu is on the same level as guardian and kennyS lmfao

Anyone here have a 144hz monitor?

What's the best one to buy? There's so many that I can't decide from the many BenQ, EIZO, Asus, Acer, Etc brands and models.

Haribi

Why isn't there a Star Wars RPG? And wouldn't James Bond make for a pretty good FPS?
Anyone here have a 144hz monitor?

What's the best one to buy? There's so many that I can't decide from the many BenQ, EIZO, Asus, Acer, Etc brands and models.

Benq xl2411z.
Buying a 144hz monitor while still playing with a controller is a very questionable decision tho.

MayMay

Banned
it might be if we can get enough. It usually isn't though :(

Ill (most likely) play a game or two in the evening/tonight. Either some good ol MM or if we can get 10 then a gaf game I dont mind.

Gonna be rusty as fuck though. Not sure yet tho, if some huge problem comes up that needs my time I wont be able to play :(

Top Bottom