• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Counter-Strike: Global Offensive |OT3| Halo and Goodbye

Ludono

I heard it's really good for wrist aimers due to the weight but I have no reason to get a mouse right now so I have no experience with it. My boy says it's amazing and he has like 12rws so it must be good cuz stats mean errythin

Hmm, not really a wrist aimer and so far feedback is leaning towards negative...

Also I was perusing my old screenshots and found a capture of a match I won back in January of this year.... How far I've come :')

A57EB5290825A6A32D11C9B23952662FF9052E3A

And another one, dated September 13th, 2013.... I'M NOT EVEN ASHAMED

Okay maybe alittle...

Disxo

Hmm, not really a wrist aimer and so far feedback is leaning towards negative...

Also I was perusing my old screenshots and found a capture of a match I won back in January of this year.... How far I've come :')

Those kills are quite a lot for a gold nova player, I guess you were damn happy.

Edit:
Wait a sec 279?

udiie

I love my g502, zero issues so far
I guess I'm a hybrid wrist/arm aimer so it makes sense

Edit oh my bad I read your comment wrong
Yeah phantomspiker said something about moe sucking his balls after using his promo code on the finalmouse so probably go with that one

Mokoi

Banned
Today at work I found out that bb mouse avatar do exist.

Absolutelydoogusting.jpg

Also mionix naoos number one.

Love being in a 1v1 and some smartass trying to micromanage me. Dude had a publiclir.se tag and was much better than me, but jesus christ, stfu.

Sajjaja

I love my g502, zero issues so far
I guess I'm a hybrid wrist/arm aimer so it makes sense

Edit oh my bad I read your comment wrong
Yeah phantomspiker said something about moe sucking his balls after using his promo code on the finalmouse so probably go with that one

Didn't you have a G602? The wireless one.

Reven

To be fair it shows how far the gaming pc world has come when that is considered an ugly mouse. I remember a lot of abominations from the early 2000s.

udiie

anyone wanna go in with me and buy all the remaining tarik foils on the market? we can make tarik relevant again

rugioh

Banned
When I start playing again I'm going to be awful. Aside from doing pick-em I've been playing Disgaea the past 2 weeks

Amneisac

It's funny that everyone is talking about mice since my mx518 started acting up last night. It keeps making the sound like it was unplugged and plugged back in. Ive been on Windows 10 since release day and it just started. I'm hoping its just the Logitech software. Tried the newest version didn't fix it so I went with 8.58 which most people say is stable with W10. I'd hate to replace that mouse it's like 10 years old.

Disxo

It's funny that everyone is talking about mice since my mx518 started acting up last night. It keeps making the sound like it was unplugged and plugged back in. Ive been on Windows 10 since release day and it just started. I'm hoping its just the Logitech software. Tried the newest version didn't fix it so I went with 8.58 which most people say is stable with W10. I'd hate to replace that mouse it's like 10 years old.

Yes I can say the same, I dont use the awp because my right click is broken and the left one sometimes kills my spray.
I wont change it though need to fix it.

frbrr

It's actually a very common problem since it's the result of a design flaw with all logitech mice that have that shell. I had to fix it just last week on my g400

There are two fixes, the first one just involves opening the mouse and pulling the cable in a little bit, did it on my mx518 ages ago and it held up for over a year until I had to pull the cable in again.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_L9Tv65gVYA

the second fix involves soldering
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CSms6rNV0VI

luffeN

I need some help with understanding DPI of a mouse and ingame sensitivity. I bought a new mouse that goes up to 10K DPI. I played on 5700 on the old mouse. What does DPI change really? I just feels as if the the whole speed of the pointer is faster akin to upping the mouse sensitivity in Windows. But DPI and sensitivity are two things, right?

Shane

I need some help with understanding DPI of a mouse and ingame sensitivity. I bought a new mouse that goes up to 10K DPI. I played on 5700 on the old mouse. What does DPI change really? I just feels as if the the whole speed of the pointer is faster akin to upping the mouse sensitivity in Windows. But DPI and sensitivity are two things, right?

To my luddite brain, they're similar but different.
DPI = dots per inch. Sensitivity is an in-game measurement.

You take your in-game sensitivity and multiply by your mouse DPI.

So for CS:GO, mine is 2.5x800 = 2000

Which is too high still.

Here's an article on it:
http://www.tobyscs.com/optimal-mouse-settings-csgo/

Here's a chart from said article:
ranksens-680x391.png

anyone wanna go in with me and buy all the remaining tarik foils on the market? we can make tarik relevant again

38c? Still to high.

5700 and 10K are way to high. What is your ingame sens?

luffeN

Thanks for the answers. Ingame sens is 1. Windows is middle and no acceleration.

Edit: I always thought that a lower sense plus high DPI is more accurate.

Edit2: Later on I'm gonna try DPI 400 and see which sens between 2 - 4 fits me well.

Thanks for the answers. Ingame sens is 1. Windows is middle and no acceleration.

Not really. I'm going to avoid doing any math and stick to examples.

Here is a chart of pro player mouse settings: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1UaM765-S515ibLyPaBtMnBz7xiao0HL5f-F1zk_CSF4/htmlview?sle=true

If you'll notice, most stick to around 400-800 dpi. There are a few outliers, but notice that none of them go near your current dpi.

Having a higher dpi just makes your mouse movements harder to control, which will make you inconsistent.

Edit2: Later on I'm gonna try DPI 400 and see which sens between 2 - 4 fits me well.

Good. This will be a hard adjustment, but it will make you a better player.

Hixx

Really want to play but I'm having one of those days where every decision I make is the wrong one and it's frustrating as fuck.

Ended up on an Inferno with like 9 for 18 or something... and we started CT. Very rarely do I anchor a team like that... feels bad, man.

impact

Banned

you don't have to use 400dpi just because the pros do, unless you really like having a slow ass pointer in windows desktop. 800dpi is good too.

How do i make his crosshair?

looks like style 4 size 3 thickness 1 gap -1

luffeN

you don't have to use 400dpi just because the pros do, unless you really like having a slow ass pointer in windows desktop. 800dpi is good too.

Ah, don't worry. I will still use a higher DPI setting in Windows. It was never a problem for me to get used to two settings.

Edit: Damn, feeling some muscles in the upper arm I never felt before while gaming.

Shane

Starting to turn off of the elbow rather than thy wrist?

And when you die, do a set of press-ups. Tip of the day.

Shane

Three wins tonight. Past eight is 4w/4l. Swings and roundabouts at LE.
Continuing to lower the in-game sensitivity each time I boot the game. On 2.23 at the moment.
Also have £3.23 from cases saved...the long road to a knife continues.

Top Bottom