• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Counter-Strike: Global Offensive |OT3| Halo and Goodbye

tootsi666

Nah, the guy is a big dick. Although I think he deserves some credit for the things he's done (revealing the iBP throwing scandal, NiP org not paying players, and that TSM/H2K legal battle)
And MTG buying ESL/DH/ESEA.

Him being a dick is not news, previously he just kept it on twitter. Now someone equally stupid decided to settle things face to face and DH had to react.

frbrr

While I think he's an asshole outside of his work in cs, I don't think he's to blame for this fight,
It makes much more sense that the guy who thought his gf had been insulted and went looking for the guy responsible was the one who started it.

RobNBanks

Banned
I can't believe anyone actually likes either of them. Sports hosting is a byproduct of its age, why does esports need four idiots to talk about things like "what do you think this teams chances are?", "how do you think they match up?", "who do you think will win?" for 30 minutes in between games. Just mute the twitch stream and tab over
Yeah I just wait until the match starts. I like Thorin on YouTube, but Thorin at events is unbearable from the 10 total minutes of pre-game I've watched. It's just interrupting co-analysts, shitting on NA CS which gets really old because he does it out of context.

Richard: How do you guys think EnVyUs fairs against Fnatic on Dust 2
Thorin: A lot better than NA eh *desperately looks for approval*

While I think he's an asshole outside of his work in cs, I don't think he's to blame for this fight,
It makes much more sense that the guy who thought his gf had been insulted and went looking for the guy responsible was the one who started it.

Nah he's also at fault. He called a guy out and then gets upset when that guy answers the callout. Basically this

I find it interesting that almost everyone here unanimously is okay and or happy about Richard Lewis cutting ties, when the CSGO subreddit on the contrast worships the damn guy and is sad about the incident.

r/GlobalOffensive is full of children. Children are highly susceptible to be fanboys and turn anything into a fanboy war. This incident basically comes down to Dota vs CS and RLewis is their guy while Loda is some pleb that competes in 3 million dollar majors.

What?

8XGfyQO.png

Rlewis could've diffused this whole situation, instead this 30 something year old man decided to be an internet tough guy.

*edit* His twitter timeline is a goldmine right now.

Had drama all my career. It's almost as if young people struggle to handle opinions they disagree with @gam3p0t

https://twitter.com/RLewisReports/status/670992123731292160

Most people are able to avoid drama, I guess Richard is just cursed. Him being a huge cunt probably has nothing to do with it AT ALL.

tootsi666

Yeah, what I meant was I don't think RL was the one that made it physical. RL is obviously the one who started the whole thing though.
Obviously? RL made a joke about Hiko's mom (even Kelly took it as a joke about Hiko's mom) and then Kelly claimed RL ruined Hiko's life for a year. I don't see how RL started it. Both parties ofc had numerous chances to stop the situation from escalating. But they didn't because this is the 5th grade.

baby

Guys I was gone all weekend, whats this RL shit going on? D:

lewis insulted either hiko or this dude loda's gf (i dont really get it) and loda told him he wanted to talk, lewis said hed be backstage and essentially to come at him. loda went backstage (he wasnt supposed to be) and got up in lewis's face. apparently, lewis proceeded to strangle him until he was pulled off.

lewis was angry dh security didnt stop loda from getting backstage and is unsure hell ever do a dh event again. thinks hes somehow vital to any event

Omikron

I haven't liked the Lewis / Thorin 'banter' for quite some time. It's super childish and just seems to be done in order to be controversial or offensive rather than contributing to the actual presentation and certainly doesn't improve the quality of the overall product.

I mean, Lewis made a dick and balls joke within a minute of the stream starting for DH.

So. Meh.

Note: also Thorin's misandry tweets either yesterday or last night were... something.

baby

if richard lewis and thorin just disappeared from the scene suddenly i doubt anyone would even notice for months

neither of them even play the game

Lol these stupid GeT_RiGhT to Cloud 9 rumors are still front paging on Reddit months later.

I don't know why NA fans wanna see a Legend like GeT_RiGhT enter a retirement home so early into his career. He won't be able to lurk much when Freakazoid dies trying to entry, Skadoodle gets picked off after playing the same angle with the AWP for the 10th time in a map, and Shroud underperforms at a LAN once again.

I really need to ask. Why do you even pretend to be a NiP fan when you never watched them when they were actually good
I don't like NiP because of their skill or how well they place, I like NiP because of the players and the personality, and the way they play the game. Those 12-4 to 13-16 finishes are always so exciting to watch. Whether they actually win the match doesn't change the fact that when they make those comebacks and have all their close games, it exciting and fun to watch.

Plus all the players are just so nice, fun supporting a team where it seems like all 5 players are actually friends and actually have fun playing the game. Makes them seem relatable. They're just a team I naturally find myself wanting to root for, I never care when they lose, being underdogs or favorites. Except when they lost against Na'Vi, that was genuine disappointment because man... That was their chance to win a major again lol, and they choked so hard. But whatever.

If I based my favorites on skill, NiP wouldn't be my favorite, Fnatic would probably be my favorite.

Also, question for the older CSGO fans, did Fifflareen suck on NiP back when he was their 5th? I keep seeing people say Fiffy wasn't very good, lol.

MayMay

Banned
I mean, they won a major with him.. don't think they did that anymore after he left :p

He did not suck, ppl like to blow shit out of proportion. He was just underperforming for a while until he retired. He was the weakest player on the team, though. But not "bad".

RobNBanks

Banned
1. Every team makes comebacks though. NiP Magic isn't even much of a thing anymore, back when they were going to grand finals of every major it was.

2. Fiff was terrible. He knows he was terrible, just because they won back then doesn't mean much. Different circumstances, such as friberg not being a bot, GTR still arguably one of the best players in the game, Xizt not being EU valens. Competition was also much weaker. France was divided up into three teams and talent was just spread out among teams.

0f5006084c6a1b3342ae00fced8ae832.png

lol they actually updated the site just now to do that.

This is a massive troll lol.

I just can't imagine that would be legit, I imagine the NiP org would be furious if Cloud9 did that with ACTUAL intent of adding in GTR. This is practically announcing GTR is leaving NiP, would would look terrible for the org.

Heh, they know how to work the community.

baby

1. Every team makes comebacks though. NiP Magic isn't even much of a thing anymore, back when they were going to grand finals of every major it was.

2. Fiff was terrible. He knows he was terrible, just because they won back then doesn't mean much. Different circumstances, such as friberg not being a bot, GTR still arguably one of the best players in the game, Xizt not being EU valens. Competition was also much weaker. France was divided up into three teams and talent was just spread out among teams.

france did have verygames who were definite contenders during nip's reign, and it was a miracle it took fnatic so long to beat nip imo

cHinzo

france did have verygames who were definite contenders during nip's reign, and it was a miracle it took fnatic so long to beat nip imo
Meh LGB were imo the second best Swedish team until they failed to get that Alliance deal and disbanded. Even though Fnatic won the first major, they struggled hard after that.

baby

Meh LGB were imo the second best Swedish team until they failed to get that Alliance deal and disbanded. Even though Fnatic won the first major, they struggled hard after that.

i think im just biased because i was a fan of fnatic during the transition to csgo so you may be right

remind me which lgb roster youre talking about- the olof/dennis/krimz/twist/i dont remember one?

RobNBanks

Banned
cype was the 5th im pretty sure

oh and as for VG, that roster is still around. They're called Titan now and they're what, a borderline Top 15 team? I don't think people realize how far this game has come in terms of competition.

baby

cype was the 5th im pretty sure

oh and as for VG, that roster is still around. They're called Titan now and they're what, a borderline Top 15 team? I don't think people realize how far this game has come in terms of competition.

rpk vs nbk is a huge difference if you ask me but they are like 10x worse than they were under the vg banner a couple years ago i agree (scream was also good then)

youre right about cype tho

tootsi666

What happened to cype? Haven't seen him in a team in ages.

It's pretty clear that C9 has talked with GTR and wants GTR but I'm pretty sure NiP want him too and is willing to spend mad cash to keep him.

baby

What happened to cype? Haven't seen him in a team in ages.

It's pretty clear that C9 has talked with GTR and wants GTR but I'm pretty sure NiP want him too and is willing to spend mad cash to keep him.

cype retired after krimz and olof got poached im fairly certain. maybe he main team hopped for a couple seasons, idk. his career was dead after lgb collapsed.

Top Bottom