• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Counter-Strike: Global Offensive |OT3| Halo and Goodbye

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
yo, mechanical keyboard gurus should I buy a keyboard with black or red switches for CSGO (i don't know shit about mechanical keyboards)??

MayMay

Banned
yo, mechanical keyboard gurus should I buy a keyboard with black or red switches (Cherry MX Black vs. Cherry MX Red) for CSGO??

It usually doesnt really matter, at least not for gaming. Get whatever feels right for you (while gaming/typing).

I'm personally using Cherry MX Brown ones, because they're a decent enough middle-of-the-road option that feel nice while typing but are also not annoying to play with. They have tactile feedback, which is great for typing, but arent "clicky" like the Blue ones.

If its just between the Black and Red (without tactile feedback), Id personally go for Reds because the Blacks are really heavy and take alot of force to press - which can get tiresome especially while typing.

Mokoi

Banned
Browns are perfect.
Reds are squishy af and blacks are heavy.

It's all perfernce tho, but mayhems knows what's right

Regardless mech keybaords are great. Only got one cuz spilled beer on my dollar store one.

RobNBanks

Banned
sojourner-keyboard.jpg

Beatrix

Random question but since I value the opinions of GAF members....how do you guys feel about CS:GO currently? Is the game in a healthy state? What are some common problems the game has or the community has? What do you guys think the game does really well at? Any comments?

I'm relatively new to the CS:GO scene. I recently got into CS:GO after searching for a fun but competitive game. Overall I enjoy it quite a bit. The game seems to have a good balance, an active competitive scene, a large community, active support from Valve and overall it's just fun to play even if I'm playing casually and or sucking. It seems to be the FPS in the competitive/esports scene as how DOTA2/League are the competitive MOBAs in the esports scene.

Valkrai

Random question but since I value the opinions of GAF members....how do you guys feel about CS:GO currently? Is the game in a healthy state? What are some common problems the game has or the community has? What do you guys think the game does really well at? Any comments?

I'm relatively new to the CS:GO scene. I recently got into CS:GO after searching for a fun but competitive game. Overall I enjoy it quite a bit. The game seems to have a good balance, an active competitive scene, a large community, active support from Valve and overall it's just fun to play even if I'm playing casually and or sucking. It seems to be the FPS in the competitive/esports scene as how DOTA2/League are the competitive MOBAs in the esports scene.

I really like CSGO although I never played 1.6, only Source and a very very minor amount of Condition Zero recently.

It's miles better than Source and the game is constantly updated today. The biggest issue is that toxicity in this game is insane, playing by yourself is something you should not do. Another thing that this does that other shooters don't do is this has a specific spread to weapons and crosshair aiming is drastically different.

udiie

if we're talking about pure gameplay, the game is probably the best competitive FPS on the market. most of the gunplay is reliable, and the game feels pretty satisfying regardless of what level of play you are at.
problem is, i feel like support is lacklustre and uncommunicative. valve indicates no clear schedule for updates, no messages of what is being developed (aside from the one map being remastered), and very little response to questions about ongoing issues with the game (it took ages for player hitboxes to be mostly fixed).
also, tournament support is pathetic and remarkably underfunded.

but its a fun game i still play on a regular basis, and i buy skins, so im part of the problem.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut

pro: best fps game ive played by far from the movement, to the shooting; everything about the gameplay is great

con: the main menu is the shittiest video game menu/interface by far, so many errors and annoyances

RobNBanks

Banned
I think a major problem with CS is that without the use of third party services, you can't play unranked 5v5 competitive. I'm not a Dota player, but I loaded up it up the other day and this is stuff that's in the base game that I am basically immediately shown.

Unranked gives you the choice between 10 different options. From the normal "pick whoever the fuck you want" setting, to a pre-determined pool that you choose from. Want to play like the pros? There's a captain system. This is all still Dota.

Sometimes people don't want to play ranked whether it's because of ladder/rank anxiety or they just want to mess around and relax. What's their option? Casual? That's not CS, it's CoD without ADS.

Now more than ever there should be an unranked competitive. Just like Dota you can't hop right into ranked anymore. Unlike Dota you're never given the opportunity to learn the game and then on top of that, fuck you new guy because you won 2 games so go play CoD without ADS or wait 24 hours.

I think a huge reason why some maps don't really get queued up for is because who the fuck wants to start T side on Nuke/Inferno? Why not add a mode (just like in Dota) where there's knife rounds. Some people might want it, others don't. That's fine, give players the option. There's also the fact that we don't have a pick/ban system unless you play FACEIT. Why not have a mode in CS like that? We're not exactly a dead game.

but whatever, we ain't shit.

if we're talking about pure gameplay, the game is probably the best competitive FPS on the market. most of the gunplay is reliable, and the game feels pretty satisfying regardless of what level of play you are at.
problem is, i feel like support is lacklustre and uncommunicative. valve indicates no clear schedule for updates, no messages of what is being developed (aside from the one map being remastered), and very little response to questions about ongoing issues with the game (it took ages for player hitboxes to be mostly fixed).
also, tournament support is pathetic and remarkably underfunded.

but its a fun game i still play on a regular basis, and i buy skins, so im part of the problem.

And yet Valve is still one of the best developers when it comes to post launch support of their products.

Sad.

kenbo

I do

I need advice. I suck at this game.
how can i train to shoot good
i suck at shooting people keep killing me first

plus a quick overview on the meta
what pistol is strong now
why does the m4a-s feel so poop should I just use the regular m4
pro: best fps game ive played by far from the movement, to the shooting; everything about the gameplay is great

con: the main menu is the shittiest video game menu/interface by far, so many errors and annoyances
hey anbokr can you carry me on 200ms

I think a major problem with CS is that without the use of third party services, you can't play unranked 5v5 competitive. I'm not a Dota player, but I loaded up it up the other day and this is stuff that's in the base game that I am basically immediately shown.

Unranked gives you the choice between 10 different options. From the normal "pick whoever the fuck you want" setting, to a pre-determined pool that you choose from. Want to play like the pros? There's a captain system. This is all still Dota.

Sometimes people don't want to play ranked whether it's because of ladder/rank anxiety or they just want to mess around and relax. What's their option? Casual? That's not CS, it's CoD without ADS.

Now more than ever there should be an unranked competitive. Just like Dota you can't hop right into ranked anymore. Unlike Dota you're never given the opportunity to learn the game and then on top of that, fuck you new guy because you won 2 games so go play CoD without ADS or wait 24 hours.

I think a huge reason why some maps don't really get queued up for is because who the fuck wants to start T side on Nuke/Inferno? Why not add a mode (just like in Dota) where there's knife rounds. Some people might want it, others don't. That's fine, give players the option. There's also the fact that we don't have a pick/ban system unless you play FACEIT. Why not have a mode in CS like that? We're not exactly a dead game.

but whatever, we ain't shit.

unranked is trash in this game
I cant play competitive until I hit ranked 3 and all the casual modes are all 0 matchmaking shitfestas

Mokoi

Banned
lmao mokoi what the fuck did you do to mokoguides
Omg im very surprised. My site has been haxors and is still up for some reason. Please send all complaints and comments to my customer support team. I here at mokoguides will be working nonstop to rectify this issue and post guides.

Ps play of weeks is still going. Post clips in threads.

cHinzo

Went 3-1 with EUGaf today. :D We were only lacking Mirage, but the rest of the map pool was alright. Was a nice balance between the fun maps (Dust2 and Cache) and the boring FPS killer maps (Train and Overpass). Didn't suck for once. \o/

Pretty good, it is always interesting to see how people go about it.

I had this 1v5 A site inferno retake a little while back, no idea where / why I was jumping around the corners. Worked though. :p

Damn, those were pretty clean 1 vs 1s. That jumping M4 headshot though! :p

udiie

I do
Hit the dms. Aim improvement comes with time. Make sure your sensitivity isn't too high, but generally this is pretty subjective. You just gotta keep practicing with the basic guns over and over and learn how they spray and how they feel when moving, when stopped, and when crouching.

plus a quick overview on the meta
what pistol is strong now
why does the m4a-s feel so poop should I just use the regular m4
M4A4 sucks to me so idk. It's pretty subjective with this one too. As for pistols, five seven or the Tec9 are equally cheap and annoying, learn to move while shooting with these ones, and instead of going rapid fire, learn to place your shots so they hit.
The competitive meta is simple, buy when you and your team can, buy a pistol when you can't. 5-7, Tec and p250 are decent Eco round guns, and will serve a decent weapon in comparison to the more expensive smgs
Just know how to manage your money. There's lots of videos on this.

cebri.one

I do

Try these maps

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=241148414 (To improve muscle memory, and aiming)

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=419404847 (To learn recoil patterns)

I suggest that you join some deathmatch games to get used to the weapons. When joining a casual game, don't rush, let most of the players kill each other and then try to get used to the mechanics of the game.

Also.

http://operationl2p.com/

Learn to throw grenades, they can be very useful and the locations in each map, as giving accurate info to your teammates is crucial.

RobNBanks

Banned
North American teams do not, as a rule, get a lot of international experience. European teams rarely travel to NA, and only a select few NA teams qualify for the big EU LANs worth the cost of traveling overseas and competing. This is one of the major factors in NA’s lack of results at LANs that feature international competition. EU teams have a decisive advantage in level of play, because they are constantly playing online against one another, honing their strategies and developing a robust metagame.

From TeamLiquid's article on why NA is trash.

Hilarious and shows why NA will always be shit whether it's CSGO, fighting games or soccer. There's always the excuse of "we have no one to play against!"

Luminosity fresh off a roster change got 2nd place at FACEIT LAN. Luminosity, the team from Brazil with no scene. The team that came to NA to improve. The team that's made it out of groups every time. Perhaps they're lying, they say they have a gaming house in Cali but they really have one in Sweden.

Outside of CSGO we can look at it from the other point of view. Marvel vs Capcom has traditionally been non-existent outside of NA. It was basically the NFL. A couple of years ago Japan decided to play the game, there's constantly a new Japanese top player. but wait, how does that happen? There was no one with international experience. They never really traveled to America. This doesn't make any sense..

oh and a dude from fuckin Chile won EVO. Who trained in Japan by the way.

You're garbage because you're garbage. Not because God put you on the wrong continent

Top Bottom