• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Counter-Strike: Global Offensive |OT3| Halo and Goodbye

Xizk

"Loda didn't touch Lewis"

"No, Richard grabbed Lodas throat with both hands and pushed him backwards towards the ground while strangling what to me looked very hard."

Why was Loda even there!? He was clearly looking for a fight and he got it.

MayMay

Banned
Why was Loda even there!? He was clearly looking for a fight and he got it.

He was there because Richard Lewis told him to go there,

but he (Richard) obviously couldnt handle when he actually appeared so he had to react like a little baby.

Richard Lewis is definitely at fault for randomly strangling someone that did not even touch him or abuse him otherwise. And no, "aggressively approaching" someone is not abuse lol.

Xizk

He was there because Richard Lewis told him to go there,

but he obviously couldnt handle when he actually appeared so he had to react like a little baby

He told him he would be on stage. And if I call you out to the playground after school would you show up?

Also I would wait for a neutral source to comment. Not a DH person who wants to save face for his company.

I have no problem with RL getting banned I just think it's BS that Loda didn't.

MayMay

Banned
I have no problem with RL getting banned I just think it's BS that Loda didn't.

Get banned for what exactly? Getting strangled by the douche that is RLewis?

Or for trespassing backstage? That's not ban worthy, he should not even have been able to get there in the first place. So thats on DH.

Xizk

RL is a host and has a certain reputation. He is replaceable unlike Loda who is a TI winning player.

Replacable to DOTA people but not CS viewers. I will definately be less inclined to follow future DH events with no RL,Thorin and Scoots on the desk. Will be ESL quality desks then.

Get banned for what exactly? Getting strangled by the douche that is RLewis?

Or for trespassing backstage? That's not ban worthy, he should not even have been able to get there. So thats on DH.

I think it's funny how he went looking for a fight and lost and now he's a victim.

MayMay

Banned
I think it's funny how he went looking for a fight and lost and now he's a victim.

Are you serious? lol

Of course he's the damn victim, he wasnt the one that started to get violent, thats all on RLewis. Loda was merely approaching him. What. lol.

Xizk

Are you serious? lol

Of course he's the damn victim, he wasnt the one that started to get violent, thats all on RLewis. Loda was merely approaching him. What. lol.

Then why was he there? He wanted to defend his gf and called out RL and entered the backstage without permission. And then he aggresively approached him. Aggressively approching people for a nice chat?

MayMay

Banned
Then why was he there? He wanted to defend his gf and called out RL and entered the backstage without permission. And then he aggresively approached him. Aggressively approching people for a nice chat?

It doesnt matter why he was there, though, all that matters is that he did not touch Richard Lewis. So RLewis had no reason to get violent.

So RLewis is to blame, and only him. Sure, Loda might've provoked this to happen but it's RLewis that couldnt control himself.

Xizk

It doesnt matter why he was there, though, all that matters is that he did not touch Richard Lewis. So RLewis had no reason to get violent.

According to RL he touched him but if the faceit guys corroborate what Hellspawn said then I will agree with you. Gonna wait until they comment on it. They are the ones who prevented RL from being kicked from hosting.

Or if the police charge RL with assault I guess.

MayMay

Banned
According to RL he touched him but if the faceit guys corroborate what Hellspawn said then I will agree with you. Gonna wait until they comment on it. They are the ones who prevented RL from being kicked from hosting.

Or if the police charge RL with assault I guess.

Yeah, I'm more inclined to believe anyone that isnt RLewis than whatever he's saying to defend himself - but yeah. Best to wait for a 3rd party..

tootsi666

Replacable to DOTA people but not CS viewers. I will definately be less inclined to follow future DH events with no RL,Thorin and Scoots on the desk. Will be ESL quality desks then.
That's assuming the package stays together. I could see RL "sacrificing" himself (with emotional speech on twitch) so Thorin can work DH events lol

If Thorin no longer does DH events then it's a bigger loss for the DH. Thorin has a big youtube channel and his own gimmick. He is definitely harder to replace than RL but DH might feel like the PR hit when he does/says something stupid is not worth it anymore.

frbrr

Later on DreamHack staff was able to get both parties to agree to settle this and move on. Loda wanted a guarantee that Richard wouldn't spin this online which they both eventually agreed on.

Since then Richard have according to me, spinned this as much as he can in all direction to try to become the victim and to bait people like me to overstep and react.

Now this part reeks of bullshit
Wasn't loda the one that made it public, claimed he was strangled, uploaded a photo etc?

RobNBanks

Banned
In Richard's own words

this was as much about wanting to get on with the show as it was about showing I am not someone who will be intimidated.

I suppose there can be some criticism levelled at me. I could have walked away, but chose to stand my ground.

He didn't want to be seen as a bitch for backing down and defusing the situation.

also
Keen to get whatever childish nonsense was about to ensue out the way, I replied that I would be working on stage, which he would not be doing as he had been eliminated from the tournament the previous day. (Provocative, I know! But I couldn’t help myself.) I also urged him to do whatever he planned quickly; this was as much about wanting to get on with the show as it was about showing I am not someone who will be intimidated.

I wasn’t worried for my safety, at this point. I thought that since he was a player from a completely different game to the one I was working on, he would need to contact security to come and get me, as such ensuring there was a third party presence.

"i'm gonna make top bants because he can't do anything"
"oh shit hes here!"

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
Be interesting to see if MLG hire either Lewis or Thorin after this.
Now this part reeks of bullshit
Wasn't loda the one that made it public, claimed he was strangled, uploaded a photo etc?

Loda most likely tweeted before they decided to just let things be.

Lewis was taunting him and told him to come back, guess it's just banter until that person doesn't back down. Lewis could have just told Kelly or Loda on Twitter that it was all a miscommunication but he decided to esclate.

Hixx

Think both are pillocks to be honest. Loda went looking for trouble, found it, tried to play the victim.

If Lewis felt threatened, 100% entitled to defend himself. You do not have to get hit or grabbed first for it to be ok to defend yourself.

Lewis is a whopper though, won't miss him or his buddy Thorin at Dreamhack events. More room for Ynk :3

frbrr

I'm sorry, but how is thorin involved? Kind of seems like you're shitting on someone because you don't like them, not because they did anything.

And if Loda said "don't post on twitter" after posting on twitter, that's really dishonest. Makes sure he gets his side of the story out there and then gag everyone else

udiie

#TEAMLewThor or #TEAMLoda
the great csgaf divide of 2015

or maybe theyre all cunts and should be ignored

tootsi666

I'm sorry, but how is thorin involved? Kind of seems like you're shitting on someone because you don't like them, not because they did anything.

And if Loda said "don't post on twitter" after posting on twitter, that's really dishonest. Makes sure he gets his side of the story out there and then gag everyone else
Thorin has been supporting RL on twitter and being extremely butthurt about it.
Long as we have DDK and Black DDK we dont need thorin, lewis, anders, or semmler.
Quake and FGC boys are taking over CS

I actually like DDK a lot but James is a joke guy for online/group stage matches. Pair DDK with an actual analyst and you will get a top tier cast.

RobNBanks

Banned
Thorin has been supporting RL on twitter and being extremely butthurt about it.

Quake and FGC boys are taking over CS

is James still involved in fighting games? I think he used to run Armshouse and helped grow the EU scene.

I don't really pay attention anymore since SF4 is garbage.

Wtf is this, I thought u guys were playing some CS:GO.

train-wreck-1935.jpeg

it didnt go so well.

Hixx

I never said he was directly involved in the situation.

I don't like Thorin on the desk (his shit craic and constant talking over people plus his baiting of twitter/reddit is really boring), though the content he puts out on YouTube can be pretty good.

All I said in regard to him is that I'd be happy if he didn't work for DH in the future as I'd enjoy their events more. Which would come about as a consequence of the Lewis/Loda thing.

soultron

Banned
Hey my dudes wtf is happening to CSGO people choking dudes out and being banned from events?

You could just come play R6S with me. Nobody gets choked there.
(I am not a paid shill. I didn't even work on R6S.)

I actually tried playing CSGO again this past weekend and what little skill I had has escaped me. I'm silver pro again.

MayMay

Banned
Ill play if you give me a free copy, had plenty of fun in the Beta but I dont think I want to buy it full-price lol

And I just fucked up a clutch in my solo game because my teammate has a dragonlore.. picked it up and couldnt stop staring because ive never held one before lol.

soultron

Banned
I might actually have a PC copy to give away, but I need to check with mods if it's OK with me to do that kind of thing since I am a Ubi employee. I ended up winning multiple copies through internal contests at work, so I now effectively have more copies than one human can play.

I'll post as soon as I know.

I'm going to be on R6S a lot. Once I cool on that, I'll be coming back to CSGO. I've been super busy with work lately so I've not had any time over the past few months to play. I really miss playing though!

udiie

Hey my dudes wtf is happening to CSGO people choking dudes out and being banned from events?

You could just come play R6S with me. Nobody gets choked there.
(I am not a paid shill. I didn't even work on R6S.)

I actually tried playing CSGO again this past weekend and what little skill I had has escaped me. I'm silver pro again.

I bought it on xbox as you know, will probably return that and rebuy on PC down the road. Too much school-work right now :(

Valkrai

I hated that new beta for Siege that it turned me off from the game. Also dem microtransactions.

I'll just stick to this and play Zombies.

(Maybe on a steam sale but it has a lot of issues with me atm)

MayMay

Banned
udiie why do you keep buying all these xbox games if you never play them

I bet you havent even opened Metal Gear Solid V

TUSR

Banned
Depends, if you're US it's Tuesday 9 PM EST or 6 Pacific
awesome, thanks

can accounts with placement games remaining queue with friends that have already placed?

i.e. my account is about to hit rank 3 and my friend just got placed at nova 3.

MayMay

Banned
awesome, thanks

can accounts with placement games remaining queue with friends that have already placed?

Unranked and ranked can queue together but only in a full lobby of 5

Valkrai

awesome, thanks

You just need to be rank 3 in profile rank in order to play competitive. You should be able to play with him if you're unranked. Once you do get your MM rank, the game will restrict some ranks playing with other if they're too high up (LE and Novas for example) unless you have a full party.

udiie

udiie why do you keep buying all these xbox games if you never play them

I bet you havent even opened Metal Gear Solid V

theyre all preorders man, some from two e3's ago
canadian retailers had preorder deals where you got 30% off if you ordered more than 3 titles so i just ordered everything i thought i might be interested in and return whatever im not. and then i started playing csgo and pc games...
halo 5, mgs5, gears of war remaster, sunset overdrive, battlefront are all unopened
gotta return a bunch of them

my weak canadian dollar now expects me to pay nearly 90 dollars for new games, so if i can get them at 45-55 ill take em

For all the praise CS fans on the Global Offensive Sub Reddit constantly throw out to Thooorin and Richard Lewis, and all the hate they give ESL's Talent and Pansy, it's funny how ESL One Cologne was the more successful major. Sold almost 2x the stickers sold, and more viewers than Cluj.

I don't think anyone will truly miss Thoorin or Lewis. ESL's production values are just fine, and honestly, I kind of prefer them.

mmmm Rainbow is so guuuuud.

If anyone here has it for PC, let's siege!

Ran into two hackers when playing CSGO yesterday lol. They didn't even bother to try to hide it.

MayMay

Banned
98a6eeca3f.jpg

Took long enough. Wouldnt have been a true rankup game without me playing like shit, too. Always happens in those. ._.

All thanks to the guy in my soloqueue earlier that gave me strength with his Dragonlore

Top Bottom