• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Counter-Strike: Global Offensive |OT3| Halo and Goodbye

Mokoi

Banned
I might actually have a PC copy to give away, but I need to check with mods if it's OK with me to do that kind of thing since I am a Ubi employee. I ended up winning multiple copies through internal contests at work, so I now effectively have more copies than one human can play.

I'll post as soon as I know.

I'm going to be on R6S a lot. Once I cool on that, I'll be coming back to CSGO. I've been super busy with work lately so I've not had any time over the past few months to play. I really miss playing though!
Just do a giveaway bruh.

I got it for free with my 970.

frbrr

That was so sad lol

as you can see, I got less and less angry and more and more sad the longer the game went on

3YLDrJF.jpg

Sajjaja

I might actually have a PC copy to give away, but I need to check with mods if it's OK with me to do that kind of thing since I am a Ubi employee. I ended up winning multiple copies through internal contests at work, so I now effectively have more copies than one human can play.

I'll post as soon as I know.

I'm going to be on R6S a lot. Once I cool on that, I'll be coming back to CSGO. I've been super busy with work lately so I've not had any time over the past few months to play. I really miss playing though!

Nice, dude! Which Ubi do you work at?

dibs

Mayhem you don't deserve that rank.

grats tho

soultron

Banned
I'm reading this RLewis thing and I'm trying to figure out what even happened and how it started. Wasn't the guy he choked out a DOTA2 pro? I thought Richard was mainly a member of the CSGO enthusiast press?

I'm reading this RLewis thing and I'm trying to figure out what even happened and how it started. Wasn't the guy he choked out a DOTA2 pro? I thought Richard was mainly a member of the CSGO enthusiast press?

You are are correct on both counts. Rlewis is an esports writer for Breitbart. And he has hosted most of the major CS tournaments.

cHinzo

Still so fucking angry you peeked during that pistol round chinzo

Hahaha, bruh I take all the blame. It was indeed really bad. :d At least we got the bomb plant! U seem to play better when tilting though, dropping that 30k bomb. Still two wins. I'll take it.

soultron

Banned
You are are correct on both counts. Rlewis is an esports writer for Breitbart. And he has hosted most of the major CS tournaments.

But what exactly lead up to the altercation? Why did the other guy get in his face (but not touch actually physically touch him, according to reports) in the first place?

But what exactly lead up to the altercation? Why did the other guy get in his face (but not touch actually physically touch him, according to reports) in the first place?

Here is the initial exchange between the two on twitter during DH.

8XGfyQO.png

Can't find the image Rlewis posted, but the sign had Hiko's name on it. Also, the sign belonged to Loda's GF.

cHinzo

ESEA LAN Finals Groups

4c36a3344c.jpgp

They also got a great format. Bo3 double elimination groups, single elimination play-offs with a bo5 grand final. :D

Omikron

Given this incident has facilitated Richard Lewis (and Thorin) proving further where they stand on certain things, eSports in general can best do without them.

If you are feeling brave, go read the Lewis diatribe he wrote up.

Here are some sections for those not wanting to give clicks.

"top bants" indeed.

RobNBanks

Banned
you say that like they had a chance at all.

Group A could be just Liquid and Conquest and they would still fail to make it out somehow

Given this incident has facilitated Richard Lewis (and Thorin) proving further where they stand on certain things, eSports in general can best do without them.

If you are feeling brave, go read the Lewis diatribe he wrote up.

Here are some sections for those not wanting to give clicks.

"top bants" indeed.

Holy shit at that second image, that is one helluva reach on his part.

When all else fails, blame the SJWs.

tootsi666

No matter how anti-feminist Thorin or RL goes on twitter I don't understand how eSports would be better without them. Does their tweets somehow make thorin's youtube videos (does anyone else do similar videos? Dust maybe for NA scene) or RL's articles (actual articles, not rants) worse?

kenbo

Holy shit this Lewis guy is a class a fucktard
No matter how anti-feminist Thorin or RL goes on twitter I don't understand how eSports would be better without them. Does their tweets somehow make thorin's youtube videos (does anyone else do similar videos? Dust maybe for NA scene) or RL's articles (actual articles, not rants) worse?
They're the public facing part of esports. They're not players, they interface with viewers and the general population

You have to at least not look like a retard there

Ps. This has nothing to do with anti feminism

There are plenty of casters and hosts out there that can do the jobs just fine and without all of the baggage.

RL and Thorin brought this on themselves.

Omikron

Thorin, on panels for events, brings nothing to it. He attempts to crack terrible offensive jokes for no other reason to troll / offend. Sure he may be a walking wikipedia resource, but he barely puts it to good use in a professional manner. I much prefer to listen to Janko or Maniac tbh.

Richard Lewis is an ok host, but see above re jokes and so called banter. There are a heap of other better equipped people to fill that spot.

Lewis rakes muck and his investigation into iBuyPower throwing had merit, but eh, stick to that, lay off the politics. Would be my suggestion for him.

kenbo

I don't see why you think they're so valuable to make up for being shits

Lewis especially. He does nothing valuable other than being the channel for people to voice their grievances/leak publicly and anonymously

Replaceable

Valkrai

I don't see why you think they're so valuable to make up for being shits

Lewis especially. He does nothing valuable

He has done some great things like said iBP scandal, the NiP organization news recently, H2K/TSM legal issues.

But then, he does bad things. He really needs to learn some professionalism.

ksan

He has done some great things like said iBP scandal, the NiP organization news recently, H2K/TSM legal issues.

Yeah, but on the bright side we've seen great progress in that regard.
I mean back ten years ago didn't he threaten people online mostly? And now he straight up strangles people offline instead!

:\

Valkrai

Yeah, but on the bright side we've seen great progress in that regard.
I mean back ten years ago didn't he threaten people online mostly? And now he straight up strangles people offline instead!

:\

lol

Didn't he also dox mods from the LoL subreddit and send his followers to attack people who he disagreed with?

Valkrai

"Strangling is depriving someone of oxygen" -Lewis

No fucking shit.

Edit: this interview is pretty painful to watch, twitch chat also being twitch chat lol

baby

was the nip thing even ever proven? and the ibp scandal was really him just hitting the jackpot with blacklotus and shahzam being a myspace drama queen

Valkrai

was the nip thing even ever proven? and the ibp scandal was really him just hitting the jackpot with blacklotus and shahzam being a myspace drama queen

Not 100% confirmed to be honest, although it isn't surprising if it was true. The iBP scandal itself exploded because of him and the way the team tried to attack him. Shahzam also didn't do himself any favors with it either.

BR HLTV says GTR signing in a few weeks.
Kappa

Do we actually know if this update is coming? Could be premature.

Top Bottom