• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Counter-Strike: Global Offensive |OT3| Halo and Goodbye

udiie

dm
but not really valve dm
but you should get used to shit servers
idk

i just remembered frag shack is not in AU
rekt

frbrr

Both DM and arms race have one huge problem.
They don't teach you to value your life or to take good engagements. DM is great for warming up or working on your aim. I feel it mostly teaches you aspects of aim you won't use very much though, like knowing how to snap to a guy that is in a place you've already cleared. The number of people I see who are dm gods but can't hit shit in a real game is really telling, they just know one aspect of the game

It's probably better to find a multi-1v1 server and start playing on that, it teaches you not only to aim better, but gamesense as well.

Clydefrog

image.php
image.php
image.php

rugioh

Banned
Both DM and arms race have one huge problem.
They don't teach you to value your life or to take good engagements. DM is great for warming up or working on your aim. I feel it mostly teaches you aspects of aim you won't use very much though, like knowing how to snap to a guy that is in a place you've already cleared. The number of people I see who are dm gods but can't hit shit in a real game is really telling, they just know one aspect of the game

It's probably better to find a multi-1v1 server and start playing on that, it teaches you not only to aim better, but gamesense as well.

Agreed. DM is good if you're new or coming back from a long break, but once you get your muscle memory back I like 1v1 or bots more for warmup.

Mokoi

Banned
I may get put in charge of video game entertainment for work cmas party. It's just for bum ass it folks, so think ill put on some csgoo for that shit. Someone prolly bitch about Isis training or something.

So pros are mass tweeting about new nuke and inferno disappearing and Shroud said on stream it was coming today. I wonder if he was trolling or if they actually know? I need new maps to play once and then never again.

MayMay

Banned
So pros are mass tweeting about new nuke and inferno disappearing and Shroud said on stream it was coming today. I wonder if he was trolling or if they actually know? I need new maps to play once and then never again.

apparently he said something along the lines of "you guys are easy to troll" a bit afterwards.. but who knows.

KingKong

i mean its been long enough, a new operation is coming any time now and it most likely includes the nuke remake and most likely removes another map to be remade

Wouldn't surprise me if it's a troll. If true, what would replace Inferno? Because new Nuke won't go immediately into active duty pool, that's for sure.

But as stated above, it's been a while. Something is coming.

frbrr

Wouldn't surprise me if it's a troll. If true, what would replace Inferno? Because new Nuke won't go immediately into active duty pool, that's for sure.

didn't the train remake go straight into the comp pool?

Valkrai

Wasn't Train an immediate replacement for old Nuke in active pool? Wouldn't it be similar to that?

didn't the train remake go straight into the comp pool?

Wasn't Train an immediate replacement for old Nuke in active pool? Wouldn't it be similar to that?

Train came out last december, then replaced Nuke after Katowice in March.

Same way Overpass and Cobble got introduced in '13 December (don't remember whan they exactly came out), but first time they were played at a major was at Cologne next year.

soultron

Banned
Alright ladies and gentlemen, here's how the R6 Siege giveaway is going to work. (Thanks to Teknopathetic for clearing this since I'm a Ubisoft employee. For transparency's sake: I did not work on R6S.
I've been working on something else for a long time but it's a secret.
)

This is for a PC copy of R6S.

I want this to be for thread regulars, so, I'm going to do something controversial. If you have less than 15 in this thread as of right now, you cannot enter this draw. I've screencapped the posts list from the thread, so don't bother trying to spam so you can enter. (I really hate when there's a cool giveaway and randos pop up trying to inflate their post count so they can enter stuff here.) I will probably post a wall of shame for dummies who tried to enter without being eligible.

Also, please note: only enter if you're going to play R6S. If you do this purely to get the key and sell it, you're silver scum.
I'm serious. Don't be a POS and flip the key.
Only enter if you want to play.

PM me a message with the subject line:

R6S CSGO GAF Giveaway

I will announce the winner tomorrow Thursday 03 December, shortly after the entry deadline of 11 AM EST (-5:00). I will do this using a random draw by assigning everyone a number and then using a RNG to select the winner.

Here's a clickable count down timer.

tootsi666

Ummm... how do I check how many posts I have? I have over 15 easily but I still want to know how to check it

Yes, I'm bad at internets

Valkrai

Alright ladies and gentlemen, here's how the R6 Siege giveaway is going to work. (Thanks to Teknopathetic for clearing this since I'm a Ubisoft employee. For transparency's sake: I did not work on R6S.
I've been working on something else for a long time but it's a secret.
)

I want this to be for thread regulars, so, I'm going to do something controversial. If you have less than 15 in this thread as of right now, you cannot enter this draw. I've screencapped the posts list from the thread, so don't bother trying to spam so you can enter. (I really hate when there's a cool giveaway and randos pop up trying to inflate their post count so they can enter stuff here.) I will probably post a wall of shame for dummies who tried to enter without being eligible.

PM me a message with the subject line:

R6S CSGO GAF Giveaway

I will announce the winner tomorrow Thursday 03 December, shortly after the entry deadline of 11 AM EST (-5:00). I will do this using a random draw by assigning everyone a number and then using a RNG to select the winner.

Here's a clickable count down timer.

Thanks for the giveaway. Also I'll just assume you're working on a new Splinter Cell, because Blacklist deserves more ;)

Damn, I posted a lot more than I thought o_O

soultron

Banned
Ummm... how do I check how many posts I have? I have over 15 easily but I still want to know how to check it

Yes, I'm bad at internets

Go to the Gaming Community tab, find the thread, click on the posts number in the far right. You'll see the exact breakdown of every person who's posted in the thread and how many times they've posted.

11 wins in a row, no rank up.

Think I'm gonna lose my current matc, down 0-5 with no mics. :(

Wish the game had a system like Halo 5 to let you know how close you are to ranking up/Deranking :p

tootsi666

Wish the game had a system like Halo 5 to let you know how close you are to ranking up/Deranking :p
I don't think CSGO ranking system works like that. IIRC Glicko-2 systems have several values that determine ranking.
Edit. lol Omega

Mokoi

Banned
Wow that omega person sure has a lot of posts. Must be living in basement or something.

I once almost number 1 poster in comm thrwad. Didn't shitpost enought to make it tho.

Cool giveaway souls.

Lourio

Thanks for the chance at this Soul :)

Don't want to be a charity case but 1) learned that my company is closing it's doors the 31st and 2) made a payment to a GAFer to purchase R6 and looks like he took the money and ran.

Oh and showing my xmas avatar too :-D

soultron

Banned
Also, please note: only enter if you're going to play R6S. If you do this purely to get the key and sell it, you're silver scum.

cHinzo

I would win the key and sell it for skins of course just like everyone else in this thread, dont lie to urself!!1

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut

Yeah CSGO ranking/deranking is crazy. We suffered an awful 2-16 loss against relatively equal ranks a few nights back, and then followed that up with a 16-13 win against slightly lower ranks and my buddy ranked up to LEM. Wonky as shit. Makes me think it's not strictly based on round win/loss as most people suspect. Though maybe some of that volatility/wonkiness is from hacker bans invalidating matches or something.

cHinzo

U forgot the first part of the screen. :D

0f4829e505.jpg

98a6eeca3f.jpg

Took long enough. Wouldnt have been a true rankup game without me playing like shit, too. Always happens in those. ._.

All thanks to the guy in my soloqueue earlier that gave me strength with his Dragonlore

RobNBanks

Banned

i thought there wasn't deranking in Halo?

i lost like 5 games in a row because it kept giving me strongholds on rig or breakout so i just put my controller down

Top Bottom