• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Counter-Strike: Global Offensive |OT3| Halo and Goodbye

Pennywise

I know I dropped 30 kills that game but I still felt that was my fault, there was two rounds that we should have won when we were on 15 that I personally fucked up.

Nah I dropped too many kills where it would have made a difference to play with real communication.

Still sad about the round where it was 4v1 and I got 3 of them while the bomb was ticking.

TUSR

Banned
mattwood_valve said:
Hey, guys. There is nice update in the works, but I don't know the ETA for it. It will have cool stuff, but won't include the next operation. That will come later. So take anything you hear with a grain of salt unless it comes directly from someone at Valve. :) We'll post on the blog when we have more to say about this next update!

https://www.reddit.com/r/GlobalOffensive/comments/3v8i4s/newke_might_not_be_coming_out_soon/

Update "in the works" and THEN a new operation.

I wish CS:GO had more support. Comapred to other games, i.e LoL, dota2, it still lacks the support of deserves for having almost 9 million unique players a month. Tons of balance issues and bugs that go unnoticed it seems.

mattwood_valve said:
We try to ship an update every 1-2 weeks fixing bugs that we're aware of and adding features and addressing issues that make sense. http://blog.counter-strike.net/index.php/category/updates/[1] For any bugs or issues that are not the result of unavoidable factors[2] , the most helpful thing you can do is to provide clear reproducible steps.

So there are two updates in the works? Nuke and the operation?

mattwood_valve said:
Hopefully lots more after that too!

Wait, they're seriously still actively developing Nuke 2, and the Next Operation to the point that they're not even close to coming out?

Not even a "soon", or anything. Just no "ETA"?

lol, reddit mad. Well, maybe you shouldn't have taken what pros said as gospel. With that said this is pretty disappointing. Those updates better be meaty...nah who am I kidding lol.

tootsi666

Valve said something and did nothing instead of doing drastic changes without saying anything? It's a new beginning.

I wish we would get Dota 2 treatment at least.

QB3BcDa.jpg

So, 11 win streak, 13 wins/1 loss.

Still no Legendary Eagle back.

Valve I want this ;~;

EDIT: Lol and of course the tie is what gets me my Eagle back.

baby

im really confused why people are mad about valve not updating the game today? what did they do to get peoples hopes up?

the entire hype was community made and everyone just ran with it. its a good change for the devs to even tell us something is in the works

im really confused why people are mad about valve not updating the game today? what did they do to get peoples hopes up?

the entire hype was community made and everyone just ran with it. its a good change for the devs to even tell us something is in the works
I just think it's more so ridiculous that it's been, what? A year that Nuke has been rumored to be in development, and it's still in active development with no signs of it being close?

Also, last operation ended back in September, two months, maybe more for a new operation seems long, but I don't know what the average wait time Inbetween operations is. Thought it was a month and a half though.

baby

I just think it's more so ridiculous that it's been, what? A year that Nuke has been rumored to be in development, and it's still in active development with no signs of it being close?

Also, last operation ended back in September, two months, maybe more for a new operation seems long, but I don't know what the average wait time Inbetween operations is. Thought it was a month and a half though.

based off the average, someone from csgaf did the googling a month or so back and the next one should be at the end of january.

and by the way, keyword rumored. doesnt mean its been in development since then. and id rather they spend time on it than rush it out.

True, I guess. I know I shouldn't be salty towards Valve, because I truly have no right to be. They've made a good addicting, competitive game, but I really just can't help but be sour when I see how infrequent our updates are, how we never have any idea what Valve is working on, and how only about 10 Valve employees seem to care, or want to work on CSGO.

Anyways, MLG Columbus tickets are going to be up soon. $45 for general admission, and $150 for V.I.P Admission. I may spring for V.I.P since I'd love to get autographs from the NiP team. Anyone considering going to the Major? I have a couple of friends who live in Ohio, who also happen to play CS, so I'm just gonna spend most of the event with them, but I'd love to have a CSGO GAF meet up if possible. :)

tootsi666

based off the average, someone from csgaf did the googling a month or so back and the next one should be at the end of january.

and by the way, keyword rumored. doesnt mean its been in development since then. and id rather they spend time on it than rush it out.
Good way to make sure it's good is to test it with pros. If they want it ready for MLG they can't really wait until february or something.

People whining about poaching is hilarious.

Edit. SBD: You have no idea what NiP will be there or even if 3 players stay together and hold that Major spot.

MayMay

Banned
True, I guess. I know I shouldn't be salty towards Valve, because I truly have no right to be. They've made a good addicting, competitive game, but I really just can't help but be sour when I see how infrequent our updates are, how we never have any idea what Valve is working on, and how only about 10 Valve employees seem to care, or want to work on CSGO.

The game does not need more employees working on it, honestly. Just like how the game does not actually need big game changing updates every few weeks. 3kliksphilip made a good video on that topic and I fully agree with him https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yp1fuRiIbM0

The current CSGO team is more than capable of providing bimonthly bugfix updates - in addition to the Operations and map overhauls (Train, Nuke, ???). And that is all the game needs.

Obviously, outside of the "gameplay and balancing" there's alot of stuff that needs an overhaul like the unranked matchmaking etc, and the menus could use an improvement too - but I'm sure all that stuff is being worked on.

Haribi

Why isn't there a Star Wars RPG? And wouldn't James Bond make for a pretty good FPS?

Actually it never took more than 2 months for a new operation to be released and the end of the last operation was October 1st so it would be about time right now. End of January would be 2 months longer than the second longest span between 2 operations

http://counterstrike.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Operations

MayMay

Banned
Actually it never took more than 2 months for a new operation to be released and the end of the last operation was October 1st so it would be about time right now. End of January would be 2 months longer than the second longest span between 2 operations

http://counterstrike.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Operations

I looked at the deadlines for the map makers from the past few operations, and they were always 2 months (usually almost 3) before the operation ended up releasing. The maps deadline for the next operation was November 9th, so January seems reasonable, imo.

The map deadline for Bloodhound was March 9th and the Operation came out May 26

You can look them up yourself in the posts here http://steamcommunity.com/groups/CSGOMapsWorkshop#announcements

baby

Good way to make sure it's good is to test it with pros. If they want it ready for MLG they can't really wait until february or something.

People whining about poaching is hilarious.

Edit. SBD: You have no idea what NiP will be there or even if 3 players stay together and hold that Major spot.

jason lake has always been a bit of a whiner. felt kind of entitled when col did well years and years ago and hasnt let it go.

mayhem was the guy who did the googling ig lmao

Hixx

I double dipped on RB6 cause the Xbone version made me want to use a mouse and keyboard. RIP.

eh it took me like a week to get better and it made spraying 100% easier. I think I would still have made it to LEM if I hadn't changed
because Hixx carries me.

those were the days

now i cant even carry myself

edit: oh my god we had 7 match points and lost a FOUR ON ONE WITH THE BOMB DOWN

RobNBanks

Banned

yep

some guy made a post on reddit about how dec 2 was when nuke was released and made the assumption thats when it would come out, and everyone just ran with that and then assumed it would be part of the operation.

I wanted nuke yesterday just cuz it would have been nice to finally see the changes but oh well

when people say they want Dota updates, what are they even asking for? That gun damage is changed every few months (similar to hero nerfs/buffs), for one major it's the return of the augpocalypse, the next major it's the 2014 CZ? Or are we talking revamped maps?

Ludono

Hey guys I have a friend who is really into CSGO and happens to be my Secret Santa match at Uni, the minimum spend is 10 Euros.... any suggestions on what to get him?

I know skins is probably the easiest but I can't wrap those for when we have the party and open each others gifts :(

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
That feel when you and your friends refrain from queuing for a few days expecting a new chest to drop on Thursday...

soultron

Banned
R6S giveaway results:
16 people entered.
2 RNG rolls were used.

1st roll was between 1 and 16 (inclusive) to determine if entrants would be labeled 1 through 16 in forward or reverse chronological order, depending on time received.

2nd roll was to determine who won.

1st roll was 6. Less or equals 8 means forward chronological order, 9 or higher would have been reverse. This meant contestants were labeled numbers 1 through 16 in forward chronological order, so first PM received was contestant #1, 2nd PM was contestant #2, and so on.

2nd roll was 3. Valkrai was the 3rd person to enter in forward chronological order.

Congrats Valkrai. PM me and I'll give you the code.

soultron

Banned
Just use modbots next time souls. Seems like you just over complicated it. That and numbers are lame.
Modbot doesn't let me limit entrants so they have more than 14 posts. I hate random scrubs that pop up in this thread every time there's a giveaway. Moochers ALL OF THEM!

Valkrai

Wooooo! Actually surprised I won, thank you soultron <3

I'll go pro and enter ESL Kappa

On another note, I opened more cases and shouldn't have. More junk.

RobNBanks

Banned
From the TSM article
As TSM operates out of Los Angeles, the large time zone difference and distance separating us and the team creates large issues with accessibility
Meanwhile, our organization seeks to build a new CS:GO team to be based near LA.

How do NA players keep getting sponsors?

Clyde
baby
udiie
pete
Unknown

make a team. by next year you guys will be sponsored by some big name org looking to waste money

Top Bottom