• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Counter-Strike: Global Offensive |OT3| Halo and Goodbye

Divius

Time to dust off the ol' christmas avatar. Please don't confuse me with this other dude again, the one that is still using the normal version of this as if he doesnt know that it was my avatar for like a year :x
thief
You mean that guy EzioCroft? He's a proper cunt.

KingKong

God OG CS was so ugly.

you take that back

bouton-leet_cs.png

RobNBanks

Banned
The 5% is real again. Somebody is gonna be happy.

I'm sure Xizk and Odah are somewhere throwing a party but these teams that reach a "who gives a fuck" anymore state is just sad.

NV when they were getting ready to drop shox/smithzz, Fnatic getting ready to drop pronax, the Danes not giving a fuck about the TSM org, etc.

cHinzo

Pretending I can't do the same, just check out the last one we played yesterday

iIrc you sat at like 5 frags for the majority of it.

BUT THAT'S MY WORST MAP! I totally blame the map for my low amount of frags.

Fuck, finally reached MG-1 just to get deranked two games later.

Yeah happened to me too when reaching Supreme on my main. First time trying to enjoy those games. Got rekt hard in both games lol.

lol readability for players must have been a nightmare if CTs were in dark spots.
"What is that 'readability' you are talking about" - Counter-Strike 1.6

dust2_01.jpg

Couldn't see shit if someone was in CT base or not. Especially between those CT boxes on the right.

I did like how clean the maps were though in 1.6. No dumb burning cars or barrels everywhere, just simple boxes. :D

Ludono

I love it when we can get a good execute going, less so when we all just get picked off individually.

Good games all :D

kenbo

So this russian was telling me on casual that I should set my mouse dpi to 400 and run a sensitivy of around 2.5 or something

I currently run at around 2000 dpi with a sensitivy of 1.75

Assuming that its linear, thats a 3x reduction in pixel speed

That seems really slow was he just trolling me?

Valkrai

So this russian was telling me on casual that I should set my mouse dpi to 400 and run a sensitivy of around 2.5 or something

You should lower your sensitivity because that's way too damn high. I use about 1000 dpi at 1 for sens but that guy is kinda right.

baby

2.5 at 400 is above average but it honestly doesnt matter. people will tell you your sens NEEDS to be low but tbh what works for you works for you. some pros like elige and prof chaos have theirs above yours

RobNBanks

Banned
i guess 400 feels normal to me since im not lazy like clyde and i have a big mousepad

i've tried to use 800 before and it was way too fast which is why 2000 sounded ridiculous

baby

dpi is varied by pixel
higher dpi at a higher res might feel the same as a lower dpi at a lower res

but it doesnt? at least not to any significant extent. i change my res all the time and the in/360 doesnt change in the slightest

kenbo

but it doesnt? at least not to any significant extent. i change my res all the time and the in/360 doesnt change in the slightest
It should. mice translate cm into pixels whilst a higher resolution means more pixels per object.

1080 -> 1440 means you mouse should be moving approx 30% slower
I used to play DPI 1800 and sens 5 up to about MG2 then changed to 2.4 sens and 400 dpi a couple of months ago when I got a Zowie FK1.
did you become LEM shortly after that

Clydefrog

My mouse has three DPI settings

NaipXJn.jpg

I put it down to 450 once and omg i'd have to be swinging my arm all over the place to play with that. 1800 is good porridge. 450 is hot porridge. 3500 is black licorice.

I double dipped on RB6 cause the Xbone version made me want to use a mouse and keyboard. RIP.

It should. mice translate cm into pixels whilst a higher resolution means more pixels per object.

eh it took me like a week to get better and it made spraying 100% easier. I think I would still have made it to LEM if I hadn't changed
because Hixx carries me.

baby

i dont know what to tell you other than ive tested it many times and it simply doesnt

Omikron

The argument about sensitivity can go on forever. I am firmly in the pick something that works for you camp, but also don't be afraid to change it.

I most certainly had mine far, far too high when I first started playing...because that is what i enjoyed in older games etc from my past. but noticed in CS i was waggling all over the place even walking in a straight line, it was really bad.

In the end I just put my mouse down to 400dpi and sensitivity way down to 1.5-1.6 or something. This was clearly far too low, but over the course of a few months or whatever I just worked it up and found what I became comfortable with. Generally it is set at 2, but I am ok with raising / lowering it by .1 depending on how I feel on a given day.

Honestly, the best thing I ever did though was getting rid of my razer mouse. Thing was a piece of garbage.

Oh yeah, I play invert. Bite me.

Pennywise

I had 1 draw today after being 12-3 up at half on Cache. RIP
Just blame it on me.
Was pretty hard to skype and play CS:Go at the same time.

eh it took me like a week to get better and it made spraying 100% easier. I think I would still have made it to LEM if I hadn't changed
because Hixx carries me.
I also gave you tips and carried you along.
Ungrateful cunt.
<3 :p

Just blame it on me.
Was pretty hard to skype and play CS:Go at the same time.

I also gave you tips and carried you along.
Ungrateful cunt.
<3 :p

I know I dropped 30 kills that game but I still felt that was my fault, there was two rounds that we should have won when we were on 15 that I personally fucked up.

Disxo

Finished everything (and fallout 4) time for some csgo's tomorrow...

Because I practised all the ***** day, Rip aim.

Top Bottom