• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Counter-Strike: Global Offensive |OT3| Halo and Goodbye

e90Mark

What is the consensus around here on 120HZ lightboost? I hear it adds on some input lag and I've been using it for like 5 months lol. I wonder if it has affects the peeker advantage bad enough that it isn't worth using.

I like the reduced blur. Feels better to me and the input lag is probably negligible

RobNBanks

Banned
NA FPL let's the world know why NA sucks.

Its the best for us, worst for them. Steel's stream is pretty much "how the fuck do you not know this map, you're paid to play"

Because we know more smokes than pro players

MayMay

Banned
Oh, right. I call dibs on OT4. Figured that I should probably mention that way in advance.

Kinda want a good looking and informative OT that we can link people to, instead of this childish mess that is the OP of this thread. Probably works more as a deterrent than anything at the moment lol.

The wankers thread made me realize that alot of people probably don't even come here because they think we're all retarded haha.

Xizk

Its the best for us, worst for them. Steel's stream is pretty much "how the fuck do you not know this map, you're paid to play"

Hopefully NA improves when Dazed + Steel keep telling them how to play. Pros are saying they are scared when playing with Dazed lol.

Ludono

My Christmas present came early ! :D

OcCb.jpg

Just in time for finals week so I can't use it :mad:

Hixx

Isn't it like £20 extra just for a CS-themed shell?

Could get a nice Golden Coil with that, smh.

Yeah box.co.uk has the Rival 300 for £35 and the Fade is like £60+ loooool

Ludono

Isn't it like £20 extra just for a CS-themed shell?

Could get a nice Golden Coil with that, smh.

Yeah box.co.uk has the Rival 300 for £35 and the Fade is like £60+ loooool

Makes about as much sense as spending hundreds of dollars opening digital boxes for digital skins Kappa

MayMay

Banned
3 day event

also, they raised the ticket prices! Aww yeah. Fucking dumb as shit. It was like 30€ to sit wherever you wanted last time, now you have to pay 60€ for that.

Premium ticket also raised from like 150€ to 300€.

Suddenly I'm not so sure if I want to attend anymore, last time was nice but the only way to go is a Premium ticket and I'm not sure if its worth 300€ to me.

I guess the price increase makes sense since its a 3 day event now but still..

baby

i mean it was really just train, which a lot of eu teams dont really know either if you watch the very few matches that get played on it.

and people who are saying that all these na 'pros' are raging constantly- moe is teamless. steel and dazed are banned. desi is like, on winterfox or something. other than that i dont really see much raging

Ludono

3 day event

also, they raised the ticket prices! Aww yeah. Fucking dumb as shit. It was like 30€ to sit wherever you wanted last time, now you have to pay 60€ for that.

Premium ticket also raised from like 150€ to 300€.

Suddenly I'm not so sure if I want to attend anymore, last time was nice but the only way to go is a Premium ticket and I'm not sure if its worth 300€ to me.

I guess the price increase makes sense since its a 3 day event now but still..

I'm definitely going, probably going to bit the bullet for the premium ticket if I can scrape the money together after Christmas :p

Hixx

Mean Greens is the new PC shooter hotness

There is a level with dildos and ducks and a level that makes U2's train level look like amateur hour

Ludono

I've put like 8+ hours into studying today, might reward myself with a singluar match of CS even though I swore off CSGO for the week hehe :D

bounchfx

between dota and csgo valve has some serious fucking drugs. these shits eat so much time it's unbelievable.

started playing cs again after a few months break. I was GN4 i think, but came back unranked. played 3-4 games and each one I was beating AKs.. I don't understand two things. One, why the fuck are AK's easier than GN1-2's (less smurfs? hacks?) and Two, why it put me back at gn3 instead of 4. aaaah damn son, too addictive.

Valkrai

between dota and csgo valve has some serious fucking drugs. these shits eat so much time it's unbelievable.

started playing cs again after a few months break. I was GN4 i think, but came back unranked. played 3-4 games and each one I was beating AKs.. I don't understand two things. One, why the fuck are AK's easier than GN1-2's (less smurfs? hacks?) and Two, why it put me back at gn3 instead of 4. aaaah damn son, too addictive.

Skill ceiling lowered. That's why a noob like me can get LE.

baby

i dont enjoy watching the fpl as much as i like watching how the community gets pissed at every little thing that happens in fpl. its like 1 premier player makes a mistake, chat spams na cs and then eats up whatever im-better-than-everyone spiel steel goes off on

then the spiel gets oddshotted, put on reddit, front page. comments all call steel toxic, act like eu is just 10x better because we dont see literally all of it, or about "professionalism." can you imagine having to be "professional" in every single pug you play lmao

i dont enjoy watching the fpl as much as i like watching how the community gets pissed at every little thing that happens in fpl. its like 1 premier player makes a mistake, chat spams na cs and then eats up whatever im-better-than-everyone spiel steel goes off on

then the spiel gets oddshotted, put on reddit, front page. comments all call steel toxic, act like eu is just 10x better because we dont see literally all of it, or about "professionalism." can you imagine having to be "professional" in every single pug you play lmao

Yeah it's really silly. Believe or not steel and dazed don't act like complete assholes in all of their games.

RobNBanks

Banned

steel has a lot of dumb rants, but his shit about the pro scene is legit.

it doesn't matter if it's "just train". you're paid to play. It's not like they were playing Aztec, it's an active duty map, which makes the "its just train" excuse even better because NA doesn't even have a fuckin map pool.

if you were actually good on at least 3 maps, then fine don't waste your time. but you're only "good" on dust2, so why the fuck are you not bothering to learn a map?

"eu sucks on it so we dont need to get good it"

instead of "hey, eu sucks at it so lets get good at it so we can get the upper hand and maybe make it out of groups for the first time in nearly two years"

Mokoi

Banned
They just need to live in euro land because here in America they don't have opportunity to play them which is why na so bad. EU has unfair advantage no kappa.
maybe kappa and r6 is better game.

Valkrai

They just need to live in euro land because here in America they don't have opportunity to play them which is why na so bad. EU has unfair advantage no kappa.
maybe kappa and r6 is better game.

Maybe moko. Also nice frag clip ;)

baby

steel has a lot of dumb rants, but his shit about the pro scene is legit.

it doesn't matter if it's "just train". you're paid to play. It's not like they were playing Aztec, it's an active duty map, which makes the "its just train" excuse even better because NA doesn't even have a fuckin map pool.

if you were actually good on at least 3 maps, then fine don't waste your time. but you're only "good" on dust2, so why the fuck are you not bothering to learn a map?

"eu sucks on it so we dont need to get good it"

instead of "hey, eu sucks at it so lets get good at it so we can get the upper hand and maybe make it out of groups for the first time in nearly two years"

whats the advantage in knowing a map that everyone but g2 vetoes
its not like its a regular season match where the maps are on rotation when they play eu teams

if they dont have a map pool like you say, then train is the very last map they should be focused on

RobNBanks

Banned
If you're great on two maps, team has to respect ban one. Envy vetoed Overpass despite never really playing Train, but NaVi is just that good on it. Almost everyone vetoes it against them. At Cluj was mostly that, a train or two, and then CLG with the Inferno ban (because NA has a map pool so bad that they're willing to give a Top 6 the choice between their two best maps)

There's never a valid reason to not be at least decent on every map unless you're Fnatic/NV where you're good on 6 of the maps so you can ban it out, or fall back on having an all-star team to frag their way to victory.

Valkrai

I feel like the low visibility from Siege has given me some placebo effect on my aim in this game. I was popping some good headshots from long range that I usually hit with body shots.

baby

If you're great on two maps, team has to respect ban one. Envy vetoed Overpass despite never really playing Train, but NaVi is just that good on it. Almost everyone vetoes it against them. At Cluj was mostly that, a train or two, and then CLG with the Inferno ban (because NA has a map pool so bad that they're willing to give a Top 6 the choice between their two best maps)

There's never a valid reason to not be at least decent on every map unless you're Fnatic/NV where you're good on 6 of the maps so you can ban it out, or fall back on having an all-star team to frag their way to victory.

i mean i genuinely believe clg has 5 deadweight players so i dont know anything about how they play on any map because i just dont watch

but if they arent good on any map, no map will get respect banned against them, so theyll never play train. besides, i dont think train has any need-to-know smokes that are set in the meta just because it hasnt been played enough, for all we know they might not know steel's smokes because its just not part of any strat they use.

Iorv3th

Quit a competitive game at the end screen, get a matchmaking cooldown

GOOD GAME VALVE

It's a bug. It's happening for everyone even if you weren't playing competitive. Telling me after I logged on to reconnect or abandon a game I never joined, 10 minute cooldown. Happens after every game.

A lot of people talking about it on the steam forums

RobNBanks

Banned
if they actually added a revolver

i'm changing my steam name to Revolver Ocelot and all i'm using in mm is a revolver

edit

Take Your Time
Need a minute to think things through? In Competitive Matchmaking, teams can now vote at any time to take one 60-second timeout, which will begin at the next freezetime.

wow lol

Haribi

Why isn't there a Star Wars RPG? And wouldn't James Bond make for a pretty good FPS?
They increased running inaccuracy of pistols, very very good

kenbo

Valve blogpost:
http://blog.counter-strike.net/index.php/2015/12/13288/

notes stolen from reddit:

[WINTER UPDATE]

– Slight adjustments to Holiday Cheer.

– Gifts are now available for purchase. Gift leaderboards will be displayed until January 15th.

– Added the Revolver Case.

– Added several new community sticker capsules, currently available as offers.

– Added Service Medals for 2016. Players achieving Global General rank after December 31st will receive the new year’s medal.

[R8 REVOLVER]

– Added a new secondary weapon, the R8 Revolver, which occupies the Desert Eagle loadout slot.

— Note: The R8 Revolver will become usable in-game when the back-end servers restart.

[GAMEPLAY]

– In Competitive Matchmaking times are now 1:55 and 0:40 for round and C4, respectively. These are also the new times for CSGO Major Championships.

– Adjusted recovery time on the AK47, M4A4, and M4A1-S assault rifles to reduce the range at which spraying is preferable to tapping/bursting.

– Increased move inaccuracy on pistols: Elites, Fiveseven, Glock, P2000, P250, Tec9, USP, CZ75a.

– Added team timeouts to Competitive Matchmaking, which can be called with a vote. Default is 60 seconds, set by mp_team_timeout_time.

[KILLER REPLAY]

– Added new Killer Replay to Casual and Demolition modes. GOTV must be active on the server to enable the feature.

– Menu option Help/Options->Game Settings->Automatic Killer Replay will turn replay off.

– Several convars are available to customize the Killer Replay. Search for ‘replay’ in the console for a complete list.

[COMMUNITY]

– Game servers and GOTV relays not logged in to a persistent game server account with a Game Server Login Token (GSLT) will only allow clients to connect from the same LAN.

– Community servers can now be only connected by their real public IP or their internal RFC1918 address.

– To create a GSLT, visit the GSLT creation utility here: http://steamcommunity.com/dev/managegameservers[1]

– Each GSLT is restricted for use on one dedicated server instance only, and should be passed on command line with +sv_setsteamaccount THISGSLTHERE -net_port_try 1

– Added an option to report servers for misrepresenting players’ inventory and/or rank.

– Game servers will now display their SteamID to an operator’s status request in the server console.

– Game servers with GOTV enabled and GOTV relays that need to support external clients connecting on GOTV port must set tv_advertise_watchable 1

[MISC]

– Users’ options are now stored independently in a Steam account-local data folder and can be different across Steam accounts on the same machine.

– Administrators setting up tournament Active Directory logons with Roaming Profiles can create a directory inside the user’s roaming profile storage and expose that location to the game by setting an environment variable USRLOCALCSGO=%USERPROFILE%\AppData\Roaming\csgo

– Video options for shadow quality, model/texture detail, effect detail, shader detail, and texture filtering mode can now be autodetected at startup to adjust for multitasking with other background applications. These video options can also be permanently set by the user to remain the same regardless of other background applications detected during game launch.

– Minor sound mix tweaks. First person footsteps slightly quieter, third person footstep volume remains unchanged.

– Highlights and Lowlights now transition smoothly between clips.

– Lowlights will now identify the target using the same visual indicator as the Killer Replay.

[MAPS]

– Fixed some surfaces playing the wrong footstep sounds in Mirage, Overpass and Train.

– Fixed a DM spawnpoint in de_dust where the player would get stuck.

[STEAM CONTROLLER]

– Made toggle crouch work

– Fixed several bugs

[GAME STATE INTEGRATION]

– CS:GO’s game state can be relayed remotely, allowing third parties to integrate their services with the game. For example, game state integration was used at the CS:GO Major Championship at DreamHack Cluj-Napoca to present special stage effects (e.g., lighting and pyrotechnics) during a match.

– For details on how to set up your service to use game state integration, visit the wiki page here: https://developer.valvesoftware.com/wiki/Counter-Strike:_Global_Offensive_Game_State_Integration[2]

[SERVERS]

– Added official servers in Hong Kong

Top Bottom