• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Counter-Strike: Global Offensive |OT3| Halo and Goodbye

Everyone is raging about the revolver and no one notices the rifle changes that are actually pretty good.

Arguable, they actually nerfed the rifles.

https://www.reddit.com/r/GlobalOffensive/comments/3w1azc/in_depth_analysis_of_december_8_2015_weapon/

The BIGGEST change by far is the nerf to RecoveryTime on the AK47, M4A4, and M4A1-S. This means that inaccuracy from firing now lingers longer meaning tapping, bursting, and spraying are less accurate. This a nerf to all modes of fire except first shot accuracy (excluding the nerfs to crouching explained above).

MayMay

Banned
Trying out MM with this gun, it's lovely lol

Everyone is using the Revolver which means many easy kills on ppl that don't know how to use it or just simply miss all their shots lol

Edit: But it might just be because I'm playing on my smurf and ppl are really bad

MayMay

Banned
The tac pauses are great, you can have 1 each half lol

Gonna be great to tilt and annoy ppl. If we're 15-0 up and call in a tactical pause for strat talk lool

Blizzard

Banned
Ugh, both games I've been in so far, my ISP has gone out before the game ended. I haven't even had the chance for a drop. ;_;

Hycran

Banned

Holy crap, I had no idea this happened, but I knew something felt off. I don't play competitive so it's not the end of the world, but I have been sucking ass today where normally in casual i'm in the top fraggers. Part of it is the fucking pistol, but yeah, it figures that once I start getting into the game they include a weapon so metabreaking like the revolver and then nerf the only guns worth using. Well, it was nice while it lasted.

Edit: Sold a field tested r8 bone mask for 3 bucks, its down to 1.50 now, feels good man.

MayMay

Banned
"Cold War - Win a round in which no enemy players die"

Lol I can't wait until someone uploads that damn ninja from udiie

Blizzard

Banned
Ugh, both games I've been in so far, my ISP has gone out before the game ended. I haven't even had the chance for a drop. ;_;
I got positive karma at least. My first or second chance at a drop where the match DIDN'T die, I got a case and was able to sell it for $8.75.

MayMay

Banned

tac pause has earned the achievement Cold War
pause pls has earned the achievement Cold War
bad boy has earned the achievement Cold War

Rewatching it makes it even more impressive, a 1v5 ninja and you werent even in the fucking smoke loool

Is this update more broken than the original Dead Ringer release?

Nope, everyone that is saying "literally unplayable" is definitely exaggerating. At least that's my experience from playing 3 MM games earlier.. Sure the gun is broken as fuck, but it's definitely not as bad as some ppl make it out to be. And I'm sure Volvo is gonna push some kind of hotfix nerf in the near future.

baby

tac pause has earned the achievement Cold War
pause pls has earned the achievement Cold War
bad boy has earned the achievement Cold War

Rewatching it makes it even more impressive, a 1v5 ninja and you werent even in the fucking smoke loool

Nope, everyone that is saying "literally unplayable" is definitely exaggerating. At least that's my experience from playing 3 MM games earlier.. Sure the gun is broken as fuck, but it's definitely not as bad as some ppl make it out to be. And I'm sure Volvo is gonna push some kind of hotfix nerf in the near future.

its unplayable in that with that shit in the game i 100% do not want to play it. that and the nerf to rifle accuracy was just absolutely dumb

tootsi666

Guns that 1-shot in the body are just boring and should be avoided. Even if R8 could be balanced with decreasing the accuracy and increasing its price, it wouldn't be well designed.
AWP is also boring and less skillful compared to the scout.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
I don't get how the patch cuts down on eco rounds, rifles got nerfed across the board. It already felt like pro's were winning 30-35% of eco rounds with pistols, and I don't see how that number doesn't go up with the heavy nerf to rifles/spraying (completely ignoring the addition of the revolver which you can just force buy every single round). The pistol adad nerf is barely noticable, feels like 1 in 5 moving shots are slightly inaccurate and the tec-9 is still pretty much perfectly accurate while moving.

Unless you just meant that the patch incentivizes force buying all the time over saving (in which case I agree).

baby

I don't get how the patch cuts down on eco rounds, rifles got nerfed across the board. It already felt like pro's were winning 30-35% of eco rounds with pistols, and I don't see how that number doesn't go up with the heavy nerf to rifles/spraying (completely ignoring the addition of the revolver which you can just force buy every single round). The pistol adad nerf is barely noticable, feels like 1 in 5 moving shots are slightly inaccurate and the tec-9 is still pretty much perfectly accurate while moving.

Unless you just meant that the patch incentivizes force buying all the time over saving (in which case I agree).

adading isnt running, you could adad with a rifle if you wanted to. when you counter strafe, aka a->d or d->a, theres a moment of perfect accuracy anyway. you just cant shoot as accurately in between any more.

and it wasnt a spraying nerf, it was a rifle nerf. straight up. you have to wait longer between taps too because they increased the bloom time.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
and it wasnt a spraying nerf, it was a rifle nerf. straight up. you have to wait longer between taps too because they increased the bloom time.

feels like straight up running aint even that bad tho (still), i was just shooting a wall while running/jumping like crazy and it only ever felt like 1 out of 5-6 shots went a bit off center. and yeah, i know it was a flat nerf to everything rifle, but spraying feels like it's been affected much more—i swear the spread feels bigger but maybe that's just in my head.

at least i got my lem off revolvers tho, thnx revolvers

baby

Spraying is nerfed more than bursting/tapping I think.

i would say good -> less good is worse than useless -> more useless too, yea, but they claimed it was to make tap shots and bursts better which is just utterly ridiculous

thankfully for them they buried this misstep with the worlds biggest fuck up

kenbo

I dunno, they increased the recovery time for tapping/bursting too so everything got worse

But then theres the revolvo

Blizzard

Banned
Is there a way to turn off the blood cloud and body chunks? I don't think my game did this previously. I don't mean the wall decals, I mean the giant clouds that pop up, and the parts that go flying. A teammate is having performance problems with it apparently. It still happens with graphics effects medium.

Blizzard

Banned
Is there a way to turn off the blood cloud and body chunks? I don't think my game did this previously. I don't mean the wall decals, I mean the giant clouds that pop up, and the parts that go flying. A teammate is having performance problems with it apparently. It still happens with graphics effects medium.
I tried turning down effects to low, and I'm still seeing the big blood splatter cloud on hitting teammates in deathmatch. Didn't Valve just reset effects? Am I crazy and it was always there?

Ludono

I tried turning down effects to low, and I'm still seeing the big blood splatter cloud on hitting teammates in deathmatch. Didn't Valve just reset effects? Am I crazy and it was always there?

They removed the low violence option recently I think -lv doesn't work anymore

Blizzard

Banned
They removed the low violence option recently I think -lv doesn't work anymore
I didn't have low violence if that's the old "lie down and surrender" thing. I had blood splatters, I just don't remember the chunks and clouds flying around and it's kind of distracting.

Top Bottom