• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Counter-Strike: Global Offensive |OT3| Halo and Goodbye

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
How about just make it not 1-shot with stomach shots? It can be as accurate as possible if you still need to hit the head at least.

I feel like if the gun didn't have as much power as it did it would actually be worthless given the way it currently works. A better change would be reduce the damage on the right click so you have to two shot some one with right click, and make it so the left click charge up time is longer, so you have to expose yourself for a lot longer to make your shot.

They've created a monster I have no idea how they'll nerf it all I know is that they will and rightfully so.

Every match last night was just everyone using the r8, even in competitive. The teams that used the r8 always had more money because they got tons of cheap kills.
It was really funny just watching everyone come to the conclusion that the gun was cancer.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
Honestly I think this gives them too much credit. Its been made abundantly clear over the past few years (m4a1s, cz, awp nerf, now r8) that Valve really doesn't have a fundamental understanding of CS at all. They need some sort of Icefrog figure there to guide the games development.

The thing about icefrog is he's had a tight knit group of beta testers for 10+ years now that he still kept despite the move to Valve. Not to mention he's posted about how important community feedback is and how over the years they've refined their methods of gathering as much feedback as possible about changes (in the past, these days he doesn't communicate much at all like the CSGO devs) and you can see that just by virtue of how he balances the game.

CSGO just doesn't seem like it has any playtesting whatsoever...yeah either this r8 is a massive conspiracy to disguise the awful rifle changes (which don't seem playtested either) or they literally just thought of the concept, thought it was fun in a few DM games, and then released a buggy, OP mess of a gun to cash in on a new case.

I wanna see 3 revolver changes:
1) Cost goes up by $100 (or kill bounty goes down to CZ levels).
2) Have to stand still to get perfect accuracy on the left click.
3) Right click has a wider spread.

frbrr

The thing about icefrog is he's had a tight knit group of beta testers for 10+ years now that he still kept despite the move to Valve. Not to mention he's posted about how important community feedback is and how over the years they've refined their methods of gathering as much feedback as possible about changes (in the past, these days he doesn't communicate much at all like the CSGO devs) and you can see that just by virtue of how he balances the game.

CSGO just doesn't seem like it has any playtesting whatsoever...yeah either this r8 is a massive conspiracy to disguise the awful rifle changes (which don't seem playtested either) or they literally just thought of the concept, thought it was fun in a few DM games, and then released a buggy, OP mess of a gun to cash in on a new case.

https://twitter.com/GeT_RiGhTcs/status/674429508749910016 it has been in the works since at least 2012. It's infuriating that in all that time they haven't even tested it properly.

tootsi666

I feel like if the gun didn't have as much power as it did it would actually be worthless given the way it currently works. A better change would be reduce the damage on the right click so you have to two shot some one with right click, and make it so the left click charge up time is longer, so you have to expose yourself for a lot longer to make your shot.

They've created a monster I have no idea how they'll nerf it all I know is that they will and rightfully so.

Every match last night was just everyone using the r8, even in competitive. The teams that used the r8 always had more money because they got tons of cheap kills.
It was really funny just watching everyone come to the conclusion that the gun was cancer.
What would be wrong with it being gimmicky and essentially useless in competitive? That's 10x better than having more guns that can 1-shot with bodyshots

2 shot weapon with no running accuracy. Make it do 60 damage to armoured enemies. Lower price to 500. There you go, a more balanced weapon.

Instead of pocket awp, you got a pocket scout.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
You know, CS is one of those games that I never really feel a desire/want for drastic gameplay/mechanic updates (god knows that's the opposite when it comes to dota). I would be completely content to just play CS (from two days ago) for the next 10 years, just getting new maps and skins.

I mean, I have faith in the CS devs because they did manage to get CSGO from where it was in beta/launch to where it is now (and I'm one of those people that actually agrees/likes the awp nerf from way back). So they did design an awesome game, but just don't fix what ain't goddam broke mang...

https://twitter.com/GeT_RiGhTcs/status/674429508749910016 it has been in the works since at least 2012. It's infuriating that in all that time they haven't even tested it properly.

I feel like the art/concept was probably around 3 years ago, but there's no way they've been iterating on, balancing, and testing this gun for 3 years. It's just impossible. vOLVO pLS

MayMay

Banned
There was a revolver icon in the CSGO Beta, so they probably always thought of adding the gun but never did.

But yeah, they were definitely not actively working on that gun for so long. They probably thought "hmm this'd be the perfect time" a month ago and just quickly threw this together.

Haribi

Why isn't there a Star Wars RPG? And wouldn't James Bond make for a pretty good FPS?
If only they could get Gooseman back, too bad he's working on Rust.

Gooseman said himself that CS ended up completely different than what he had in mind and that the game he developed after CS, tactical intervention, is what he initially had in mind for CS. So cars, riot shields, cover behind walls, more casual etc.

They need someone like Volcano or something. Guy with lots of experience at the high level who also happens to be a programmer. Or Missharvey

Valkrai

Gooseman said himself that CS ended up completely different than what he had in mind and that the game he developed after CS, tactical intervention, is what he initially had in mind for CS. So cars, riot shields, cover behind walls, more casual etc.

They need someone like Volcano or something. Guy with lots of experience at the high level who also happens to be a programmer. Or Missharvey

Thank you for clarifying that. If TI was supposed to be his vision of CS, I think we dodged a bullet.

Volcano works for Riot I think? And missharvey just left Ubisoft to be full-time pro.

jerry1594

Volcano would be great. Does he still make maps?

MayMay

Banned
I want to play CS tonight but I don't want to play with all this revolver bs :(

who cares, just play! chances are you'll get way more frags since ppl are gonna buy up and miss with the R8 every round
Kappa.png

vinka and I are gonna play as soon as cHinzo gets off his butt and stops being afk, you should join.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
i dont wanna play till they fix that see through smoke garbage

lotta peeps going to get overwatch bans lol

Ludono

who cares, just play! chances are you'll get way more frags since ppl are gonna buy up and miss with the R8 every round
Kappa.png

vinka and I are gonna play as soon as cHinzo gets off his butt and stops being afk, you should join.

I'm scared that I won't be able to reconnect if I get dropped, I have yet to test this theory though :p

cHinzo

Kappa.png

Eating dinner now. :D

MayMay

Banned

Who woulda thought, first impressions can actually differ from the opinion you have later on.

That post was from when the patch just came out, with a shit ton of misinformation about the actual changes going on - and I thought the patch did something that it actually did not do.

Nice try tho, I r8 8/8

RobNBanks

Banned
but
People are overreacting so much imo.

maybe if you weren't trying to be contrary for the sake of being contrary you would have seen this. literally your reason why the gun wasn't that op was because you could get close to us with zeus/knife

cuz there's no way that was our bad aim. nah, totally the fault of the gun that does 98 dmg at long range and is a ohk headshot at any range.

MayMay

Banned
maybe if you weren't trying to be contrary for the sake of being contrary you would have seen this. literally your reason why the gun wasn't that op was because you could get close to us with zeus/knife

cuz there's no way that was our bad aim. nah, totally the fault of the gun that does 98 dmg at long range and is a ohk headshot at any range.

I still think that people are overreacting, havent ever said anything else. Nothing "contrary" about that.

Edit: To clarify, I see that the gun is OP and needs nerfing - but people are still overreacting because they're salty as fuck. Gotta agree with Friberg on this one.

Edit 2: Also I don't understand what you're trying to say, lol. "cuz there's no way that was our bad aim. nah," - that's literally all I've been saying. That most people don't even have the aim to use the gun properly.

MayMay

Banned
really? I've seen CSGO above Dota 2 plenty of times but I never knew it actually peaked above it.. interesting. I suppose during Cologne or something?

No we're not overreacting. Valve time = 6-12 months to balance shit. Look at how long Tec-9, 5-7, and CZ has been broken for.

Valve give minor tweak the weapon then fix it a year fucking later.

This piece of shit will be cancer.

baby

if anyones wondering why littleworm thinks were all just salty its because he thinks money management has no place in counter strike and that anyone who thinks having to eco should be punished is honestly just looking at the game through rose tinted glasses

but then what can we expect from someone who thinks chipotle has fairly priced, quality burritos

Top Bottom