• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Counter-Strike: Global Offensive |OT3| Halo and Goodbye

cHinzo

Srsly though, if they gonna allow this revolver to be used in the upcoming tournament.... lots of upsets will happen. :D Big bucks incoming?!

Blizzard

Banned
Haha, I didn't even know about the precock until someone mentioned it. You can hold right click to fire once, tap left click to pull the hammer back, and then run around while holding right click.

Tapping left click will then do an instant shot from a fullspeed run. I -think- it's less accurate than the normal running left-click, but more accurate than a running right click.

I'm scratching my head trying to make sense on who the hell thought this gun was a good idea, I mean the thing pierces armor and has range and damage comparable to the AWP, someone hit me for 206 damage from 2 non-head shots...

jerry1594

I don't know anything about the game so Im curious what their reasoning is for adding this gun in, versus buffing the deagle or something

rugioh

Banned
I like the pistol change, baffled by the rifle change. They said they were trying to make tapping BETTER, right? How does increasing the recoil recovery make it better? Tapping is dependent on the fact that you need lower recovery between taps. Not every kill is going to be a 1-tap to the head when you tap. You also need to hit the body once or twice. I don't get how they can be so clueless about why tapping was good in 1.6.

Ensirius

This new revolver is the worst shit they could have introduced to the game.
They will get money from skins and then nerf it to hell.

Edit: spelling

The one post-Revolver patch game I played last night might have been the most frustrating game of CSGO I've ever played. Every person on both teams had Revolvers and AWPs nearly every round. It was a shit show.

Done with the game until they nerf the R8

spootime

more evidence that this game succeeds despite Valve's attempts to balance it.

I read a comment by spunj on reddit that said valve actually asked a few pros about the revolver but the pros thought they were joking. After they realized they were serious they told Valve it was a terrible idea but it got released anyway I suppose. He also mentioned they were thinking of adding a gun that tethers the enemy to the ground once you shoot them... lmao

kenbo

more evidence that this game succeeds despite Valve's attempts to balance it.

I read a comment by spunj on reddit that said valve actually asked a few pros about the revolver but the pros thought they were joking. After they realized they were serious they told Valve it was a terrible idea but it got released anyway I suppose. He also mentioned they were thinking of adding a gun that tethers the enemy to the ground once you shoot them... lmao
Valve wishes they made Overwatch it seems

rugioh

Banned
I think the most frustrating thing about CS:GO updates is that the devs are too yellowbacked to be transparent about potential changes, and when they make mistakes like this they go ghost on social media. If you fuck up, don't run away from the mess you created..

MayMay

Banned
https://www.reddit.com/r/GlobalOffensive/comments/3w1ts5/the_r8_is_a_decoy/

I'm actually inclined to agree with this guy here, that'd be such a dumb Valve thing to do. Door-in-the-face technique

It's like they made the R8 way too strong for a reason, to distract people from the rifle nerf. And in a couple of days they'll be like "ooooopppps we didnt think this was so overpowered" and nerf the shit out of the R8 - when people already have accepted the rifle nerf lol.

They definitely dont get as much shit for the rifle nerf right now, because everyone is too busy complaining about the R8. lol I dunno.. maybe it's just a dumb conspiracy theory but I could totally see Valve using a new weapon like that. Because in a world in which the Deagle is shit, and they nerfed the shit out of the AWP - a weapon like this makes no sense.

tootsi666

Rifle nerf will stay in the game like the AWP nerf did. The big difference being that the rifle nerf adds RNG instead of just lowering the skillcap.

soultron

Banned
The gun was hilarious in TDM for 15 minutes and then you realize how bad this destroys game balance.

Who gives a shit if the other pistols got their movement accuracy tweaked?
Who gives a shit about the recovery time for rifles being tweaked? (Apparently it actually wasn't at all, if that reddit post is to be believed.)
Why would you by armour at all, going against a team that's about to do a "save" round with 5x R8s? You're all going to die.
Why is the moving accuracy of this thing as high as it is? LMB strafe accuracy is crazy on the R8, making peeking OHKs so easy.

Glad the next major is ignoring this update. It's too bad the community has to suffer through it though, if you're playing regular MM, at least. Hopefully if you're on a team in league play you can agree before the game starts to ban the R8.

I'm happy I'm still taking a break from CSGO. I don't even give a shit about trying to get the case early and sell it right now.

The one post-Revolver patch game I played last night might have been the most frustrating game of CSGO I've ever played. Every person on both teams had Revolvers and AWPs nearly every round. It was a shit show.

Done with the game until they nerf the R8
Prerty much, the rifle nerfs hurt me a lot. I love spraying...

This update is a one two punch to my balls.

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
Right now the pistol just needs a few tweaks to make it feel right.

The accuracy on the charge shot needs to not be a goddamn laser pointer when you're moving
The kill reward needs to be lowered - Currently feels like one of the best ecos gun in the game.
Maybe make it so you move extra slow while charging but that would be weird
The penetration damage is too high - any reasonable long range a shot going through double doors on dust2 seems to drop people down to about 7 health while they have armor, 4 without. At the effective a penetrating shot seems to take them to 2hp.
Maybe increase charge time by .25 seconds or something to make it a bit more of a gun you use in situations where you're not going toe to toe with some one.

Then again what do I know lol, I'm just GN3 so my perspective might not be the most accurate.

MLG update about the major and QLs: https://www.reddit.com/r/GlobalOffensive/comments/3w316c/mlg_csgo_major_update_quarterfinals/

• Group stages will still be completely closed to the public. We felt it was more prudent to use the space in our studio to build a 2nd stage to expedite match turn over and limit the down time (i.e. when Stage A ends Stage B is already ready to roll). TLDR, reduced downtime and competition experience for players outweighed the benefit of hosting 200 spectators.
  • We were able to move our load in schedule up a day and turn Friday into a full show day
  • Quarter-Finals will now be played live at Nationwide Arena, replacing the live viewing party we were going to host
  • All existing ticket holders will be automatically upgraded to 3 day admission and only need to present their current ticket at the door for redemption. There is $0 in additional cost to ticket holders for adding Friday.
  • Saturday will still be Semis #1 and Semis #2
  • Sunday will still be All Star Match and Grand Finals

tootsi666

Right now the pistol just needs a few tweaks to make it feel right.

The accuracy on the charge shot needs to not be a goddamn laser pointer when you're moving
The kill reward needs to be lowered - Currently feels like one of the best ecos gun in the game.
Maybe make it so you move extra slow while charging but that would be weird
The penetration damage is too high - any reasonable long range a shot going through double doors on dust2 seems to drop people down to about 7 health while they have armor, 4 without. At the effective a penetrating shot seems to take them to 2hp.
Maybe increase charge time by .25 seconds or something to make it a bit more of a gun you use in situations where you're not going toe to toe with some one.

Then again what do I know lol, I'm just GN3 so my perspective might not be the most accurate.
How about just make it not 1-shot with stomach shots? It can be as accurate as possible if you still need to hit the head at least.

frbrr

How about just make it not 1-shot with stomach shots? It can be as accurate as possible if you still need to hit the head at least.

having someone shoot you in the toe and surviving with 2hp doesn't feel right either, it needs some serious tweaking

Nome

I'm actually inclined to agree with this guy here, that'd be such a dumb Valve thing to do. Door-in-the-face technique

It's like they made the R8 way too strong for a reason, to distract people from the rifle nerf. And in a couple of days they'll be like "ooooopppps we didnt think this was so overpowered" and nerf the shit out of the R8 - when people already have accepted the rifle nerf lol.

They definitely dont get as much shit for the rifle nerf right now, because everyone is too busy complaining about the R8. lol I dunno.. maybe it's just a dumb conspiracy theory but I could totally see Valve using a new weapon like that. Because in a world in which the Deagle is shit, and they nerfed the shit out of the AWP - a weapon like this makes no sense.

Or it's because Valve thinks it's above themselves to hire QA and actually communicate with its players.

This patch is a poorly QA'd, buggy, unbalanced mess that's result of a one-sided decision made purely on Valve's side. There's another thread on Reddit that discusses how the R8 was originally supposed to be more powerful than it actually is, but Valve fumbled the stats.

spootime

Honestly I think this gives them too much credit. Its been made abundantly clear over the past few years (m4a1s, cz, awp nerf, now r8) that Valve really doesn't have a fundamental understanding of CS at all. They need some sort of Icefrog figure there to guide the games development.

Valkrai

Honestly I think this gives them too much credit. Its been made abundantly clear over the past few years (m4a1s, cz, awp nerf, now r8) that Valve really doesn't have a fundamental understanding of CS at all. They need some sort of Icefrog figure there to guide the games development.

If only they could get Gooseman back, too bad he's working on Rust.

tootsi666

If only they could get Gooseman back, too bad he's working on Rust.
Didn't gooseman make that horrible tactical shooter few years ago? And didn't he leave before 1.6 even released? They should have gotten Fifflaren or some other ex-pro like that IMO.

Valkrai

LOL

Fuck that guy.

Have you played Tactical Intervention? The game he made after CS? Guy has less of a clue what CS is supposed to be than Valve lol

Oh shit, I completely forgot about that game. That was horrible.

They could just get pros to maybe QA the new changes. Getting Fifflaren would be a good thing.

Top Bottom