• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Counter-Strike: Global Offensive |OT3| Halo and Goodbye

Clydefrog

Valve really needs to implement a CS:GO beta option like TF2 has so the community can test updates before they go live. It sure as hell seems like they aren't doing any testing in-house.

In the meantime, what shooter do you guys want to play now?

Valkrai

Valve really needs to implement a CS:GO beta option like TF2 has so the community can test updates before they go live. It sure as hell seems like they aren't doing any testing in-house.

In the meantime, what shooter do you guys want to play now?

Me and Moko have been playing Rainbow Six

Xizk

Any Supreme+ Euro want to join our CSGAF team for the minor qualifier? Need a faceit account. Limited spots open.

MayMay

Banned
The smoke bug is definitely a way bigger problem than the R8, holy shit. The match I just played barely anyone ever used a revolver but damn if you stood in front of a smoke for too long this guy would just fuck you up.

They'd just smoke themselves off and abuse the bug. I really hope he's gonna get overwatched for this, I'm sure he will be lol.

Can't believe this has not been patched yet. Like you literally cant play mid for the first half of the round because you'd instantly die through the smoke they put down :<

frbrr

The smoke bug is definitely a way bigger problem than the R8, holy shit. The match I just played barely anyone ever used a revolver but damn if you stood in front of a smoke for too long this guy would just fuck you up.

They'd just smoke themselves off and abuse the bug. I really hope he's gonna get overwatched for this, I'm sure he will be lol.

Can't believe this has not been patched yet. Like you literally cant play mid for the first half of the round because you'd instantly die through the smoke they put down :<

you forgot to add that it was a dinosower guy, so a piece of shit human being

MayMay

Banned
its not his fault smokes are broken

As if that matters, abusing a bug is abusing a bug. But of course you'd say that.

Guy murders someone "it's not his fault there was a knife on the table".

Anyways, everyone that abuses this is probably gonna get overwatched one way or another.. so I'm not too mad.

RobNBanks

Banned
As if that matters, abusing a bug is abusing a bug. But of course you'd say that.

Guy murders someone "it's not his fault there was a knife on the table".

Anyways, everyone that abuses this is probably gonna get overwatched one way or another.. so I'm not too mad.

yes completely the same situation.

MayMay

Banned
Ever went to school and learned what an analogy is? Does not have to be the same situation, just vaguely similar - which this is. You could replace the action and the thing that enables the action with all sorts of things in this case.

Just because you can, does not mean you should or are allowed to. Also - rules are rules.

Jeez Omega, you're trying really hard to annoy me today lol

RobNBanks

Banned
Ever went to school and learned what an analogy is? Does not have to be the same situation, just vaguely similar - which this is. You could replace the action and the thing that enables the action with all sorts of things in this case.

Just because you can, does not mean you should or are allowed to. Also - rules are rules.

Jeez Omega, you're trying really hard to annoy me today lol

its not even close to similar.

you're comparing a bug in a video game to murder.

you know what a better comparison would be? a comparison to another bug. such as spawning in air giving you way more vision than is normally intended.

but no, gamers and their comparisons.

MayMay

Banned
its not even close to similar.

you're comparing a bug in a video game to murder.

you know what a better comparison would be? a comparison to another bug. such as spawning in air giving you way more vision than is normally intended.

but no, gamers and their comparisons.

Nope, that'd be a horrible comparison. You can get spawned in the air even without the intent of "oh I'm totally gonna abuse a bug today" - while the smoke glitch requires you to actually do certain things to activate it.

There's a difference between the two things. Saying "oh its not his fault that he spawned in the air" - sure. Its not. But saying "oh its not his fault the smokes are broken" is the dumbest shit ever because he's literally going out of his way to abuse it.

Also, I'm sorry that you're not able to derive stuff from my comparison. But that makes you a fool, not me lol

Clydefrog

pv9UQAC.png

baby

anyway now that counter strike is officially over anyone remember that one time denzel curry said the track with yung lean was made on accident

kenbo

Regardless of the analogy, abusing the smoke bug requires the intent to cheat since you have to activate it manually

Its cheating, even if it's valves fault that the big exists

MayMay

Banned
anyone else think bug vs murder is a better comparison than bug vs bug

No one said it's a better comparison. But it's a comparison that served its purpose, even if you missed the point.

Regardless of the analogy, abusing the smoke bug requires the intent to cheat since you have to activate it manually

Its cheating, bug or not

I agree, that's the point I was trying to make.

baby

Its cheating, even if it's valves fault that the big exists

well the r8 was clearly added by accident, so i think that makes it a huge bug and anyone that uses it should be overwatched

RedSwirl

If I ever get back into any multiplayer shooter it'll probably be either NeoTokyo or this. I know CS has a much higher learning curve than big console games like Call of Duty or Battlefield, but to me it looks like a much less chaotic game which is what I prefer. CS seems like a more austere game, and I miss shooters that aren't clogged up by shitloads of upgrade systems. I also prefer smaller player counts (CS is normally 5 v 5 right?) to getting meaninglessly blasted out of the gate by one of 40 other anonymous guys.

I just want to know: is there any recreational way to play CS? My issue with online games in general is that it seems to be almost impossible to be competent without inputting the same dedication as a pro player.

cHinzo

If I ever get back into any multiplayer shooter it'll probably be either NeoTokyo or this. I know CS has a much higher learning curve than big console games like Call of Duty or Battlefield, but to me it looks like a much less chaotic game which is what I prefer. CS seems like a more austere game, and I miss shooters that aren't clogged up by shitloads of upgrade systems. I also prefer smaller player counts (CS is normally 5 v 5 right?) to getting meaninglessly blasted out of the gate by one of 40 other anonymous guys.

I just want to know: is there any recreational way to play CS? My issue with online games in general is that it seems to be almost impossible to be competent without inputting the same dedication as a pro player.
Just play ranked matchmaking. U gonna play in the rank with players around the same skill level and it is the only 5 vs 5 mode since casual is like 16 vs 16 chaos lol. No need to be as dedicated as the pros.

baby

is there a way to play the game like... not recreationally
i dont understand sorry

also according to slothsquadron the r8 has 4% less armor pen than it was supposed to

MayMay

Banned
Trying to rank up from 1 to 3 is...really unfun. You need an ungodly amount of experience and don't get ANY from deathmatch.

Man I really dont envy anyone that needs to do this..

Ill be honest, if I was starting to play CSGO now I would never even make it to rank 3. I'd quit way before getting there because casual mode is just so much bullshit haha.

Hang in there, bro!

Man I really dont envy anyone that needs to do this..

Ill be honest, if I was starting to play CSGO now I would never even make it to rank 3. I'd quit way before getting there because casual mode is just so much bullshit haha.

Hang in there, bro!

that's just one of the problems I have with the game. The only way you can practice for ranked play in an official server involves like triple the amount of players. It's ridiculously stupid. Why isn't there just an unranked 5v5 competitive mode? It makes absolutely zero sense to me.

MayMay

Banned
that's just one of the problems I have with the game. The only way you can practice for ranked play in an official server involves like triple the amount of players. It's ridiculously stupid. Why isn't there just an unranked 5v5 competitive mode? It makes absolutely zero sense to me.

Yeap.. that's pretty much what everyone is thinking. Such an essential feature, it's crazy that we're still waiting for it. I'm sure we'll be getting it at some point - but when? Who knows. Maybe when they're done balancing the new gun they added yesterday >_>

Valve seems to have the weirdest priorities.. instead of adding stuff like the unranked 5v5 mode we get a revolver that no one asked for.

Alright, can't deal with the R8 anymore in my quest to get my LEM/SMFC rank.

Gonna log onto my Smurf and just fuck around with the R8 until this shit gets nerfed.

Top Bottom