• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Counter-Strike: Global Offensive |OT3| Halo and Goodbye

baby

And nowhere does that mean your opinions are any better in dealing with theory

are you hurt because I said you were wrong, period?

Because there's nothing more wrong than equating bug abuse with a bug out of your own control

you've missed my point
I'm trying to say that more rng in spray = less skill

that .15 increase really doesnt do that much is what im saying.

i said it at LEAST twice in the past few hours but the rifle nerf, while not positive, hardly affects the game in practical application.

also overwatch a threat to csgo... lol? the only similar things about them is that they have guns and are in first person. well most likely see tf2 "pros" like ma3la (literally the only one i can think of) take over overwatch and that general crowd move over. csgo will survive because its more accessible - at its highest its half the price of overwatch and runs on much lower end computers.

RobNBanks

Banned
yo baby. stop fuckin playing counter strike theory offensive

you didn't want to play csgo before because "i have finals i have to study for"

baby

i do but i also have to write a 15 page essay and im not really about that right now but i already packed up my other laptop and it would take like 5 minutes to set up and im not about that either

kenbo

guys I'm sorry

I expected "CSGO is only two letters away from COD" to be pretty obviously tongue in cheek but I seem to have upset a few members in this thread and for that, I truly apologise.

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
There is a really fine line with trash talking in this game in competitive.

Just enough is enough to throw them off their game and make them lose focus, but too much and they just all buy autos.

RobNBanks

Banned
There is a really fine line with trash talking in this game in competitive.

Just enough is enough to throw them off their game and make them lose focus, but too much and they just all buy autos.

there's no need to even say anything.

just shoot their dead body. it works every time. the response is always "oh your so good. you killed me because of X"

baby

there's no need to even say anything.

just shoot their dead body. it works every time. the response is always "oh your so good. you killed me because of X"

even better, tap a full health teammate in the head at the end of the round so they see it in deathcam

and kenbo, dont act like you didnt post a picture trying to prove a point about spraying. belittling people who actually know what theyre talking about doesnt make you less wrong

yYeKl2l.png

Buy me these stickers, you know who you are.

kenbo

even better, tap a full health teammate in the head at the end of the round so they see it in deathcam

and kenbo, dont act like you didnt post a picture trying to prove a point about spraying. belittling people who actually know what theyre talking about doesnt make you less wrong

Actually, I said "It seems like the spray patterns have a heap of RNG in them now" rather than trying to assert anything, I used the word "seems" to show that it was just an impression and that I was open to other opinions

It wasn't until the robinbaby hit squad trying to belittle me based on my rank did I respond at all

but yeah, good luck with that essay

kenbo

that is literally untrue, you can see you replying before that on the last page

and thanks, im almost done
did I respond to assert anything about spray, skill and robinbaby's skills

one response is about omega and 840res

and the other one was the tongue in cheek comment

Has this been posted?

It seems like the spray patterns have a heap of RNG in them now

That image doesn't really support your statement at all. They all look pretty similar to each other.

that seems to go against the ethos of CSGO

wtf valve

edit: sorry not sorry to pleb 800x480 cs players

RNG has always been apart of CS, as shown in the spray pattern image from CS 1.6 that Rob posted.

A couple of slightly stray bullets here and there aren't going to greatly effect your spray pattern memorization.

Blizzard

Banned
I didn't see anything about it but there have been a lot of posts. Does anyone know if the gore chunks / blood spray is new? I feel like it used to be less for me.

I didn't have low-violence (terrorists lying down) on, but I only really remember the blood splatters before, not the big distracting 3D splash now.

baby

I didn't see anything about it but there have been a lot of posts. Does anyone know if the gore chunks / blood spray is new? I feel like it used to be less for me.

I didn't have low-violence (terrorists lying down) on, but I only really remember the blood splatters before, not the big distracting 3D splash now.

theres always been large blood splatters on unarmored opponents, but i have heard that thats been happening for a lot of people and it may just be something i havent seen

spootime

Spray patterns are pretty similar to each other in comparison to the crazy variations you would get in 1.6. If you made sprays work the same way 100% of the time then you would get even more spraying and even less accurate bursting and tapping. There wouldnt be a huge reason to ever tap and move around if you have the spray perfectly memorized.

Personally I think that strafing and tapping/bursting is more fun to play and more fun to watch. CSGO already favors spraying at long/mid distances more than 1.6 did, imo (and what the most recent patch tried to mess with). Removing RNG from spray patterns would make the game pretty boring to watch.

People say the same shit about first-shot accuracy. I do think first shot accuracy should be a tweaked a little bit - make it 100% on an awp shot and maybe a biiiit more accurate with the m4a4 and ak. But the idea of the deagle being 100% accurate is hilarious. You need RNG to balance out the guns. As someone said earlier on the page, a lot of complaints about spray RNG is just regurgitating reddit posts.

baby

i agree with what most of what you said, but in no way would making the sprays 100% accurate make spraying and bursting any less accurate. i dont get the logic there

spootime

i agree with what most of what you said, but in no way would making the sprays 100% accurate make spraying and bursting any less accurate. i dont get the logic there

Not less accurate, just less useful. Bursting is just letting your spray reset because it was getting too hard to control. If you have the pattern perfectly memorized you wouldn't need to do this as much.

baby

Not less accurate, just less useful. Bursting is just letting your spray reset because it was getting too hard to control. If you have the pattern perfectly memorized you wouldn't need to do this as much.

i mean even if you have it memorized, youre human, not a machine. youre never gonna get it to go EXACTLY where you want it too and are still liable to whiff at long range. not to mention mastering spray control like that would take months of practice at the very least

this is not to say i disagree, just that i dont understand

spootime

i mean even if you have it memorized, youre human, not a machine. youre never gonna get it to go EXACTLY where you want it too and are still liable to whiff at long range. not to mention mastering spray control like that would take months of practice at the very least

this is not to say i disagree, just that i dont understand

Its a matter of degrees.. People wouldnt spray 24/7 but they would spray more. CSGO already has too much spraying IMO.

Thorins most recent video touches on this a little bit if youre interested.

tootsi666

So pimp or cadian can't qualify for minors because they have attended a major with their previous teams? As long as majority (3/5) of the team wasn't in the last major they should be allowed to compete in the minors IMO.

baby

its not impossible that theres an online qualifier for the offline qualifier to get them in the major.

the thing is with the minors is that its valves reaction to everyone always saying how much the scene would be improved if up and coming players got more of a chance to shine and how its an old boy's club.

this isnt a perfect way of reacting to the communities demands but thats probably what it is.

tootsi666

Old Reason lineup with 4 new players and Hunden wouldn't be allowed to compete in these Minors. I guess giving that 50k to tier 4 teams and not allowing tier 3 teams with old guys teaching new guys is Valve's way of doing things and we all know Valve knows the best.

Edit. Ofc there will be other ways to get to the Major Qualifiers but it will be significantly harder than before for teams like SK, Roccat, Col etc.
Edit2. I might be misundertanding this. It might only be about last majors Challengers/Legends not any Majors. In that case it's not that big of a deal

baby

you werent wrong. it says previous majorS plural. theyll just go through the online qualifiers like they do every major, i dont see whats harder about that-

however this is a really really dumb way of doing things for many reasons. just another misinformed decision by valve. theyre trying, just a little clueless i think

tootsi666

you werent wrong. it says previous majorS plural. theyll just go through the online qualifiers like they do every major, i dont see whats harder about that-

however this is a really really dumb way of doing things for many reasons. just another misinformed decision by valve. theyre trying, just a little clueless i think
It's harder because there will be less spots in the offline qualifiers for them. 8 challengers+4 minor winners+4 online qualifiers vs 8 challengers+8 online qualifiers

I like how people are actually believing that Valve maybe only released an OP R8 in order to distract from the Rifle nerfs.

Lol, as if Valve actually gave enough of a fuck to do that. They'll do whatever they want with this game, whenever they want, straight up. They don't need a scapegoat or anything to make a change.

Got a case drop on my alt account when it was selling for $5.60, but unfortunately I can't sell it until 12/25. Checked today and it's down to $3.10.

Why Gabe? :'( </3

MayMay

Banned
Car broke down on the way home so I had to wait like 2 hours for someone to help me out,

thanks volvo, all your fault for adding that revolver!

Edit: oh shit Tribes:Ascend is gonna get an update later today that removes all microtransactions and adds new shit + rebalances the whole thing.... perfect. Let's hope that this'll draw in a few players now that it's finally back from the dead after years of being abandoned...
(literally, HiRez is worse than Valve. Totally abandoned the game in favor of SMITE.. at least CSGO still gets some sort of "support" and coexists with Dota 2 lol).
Everyone thats so mad about the CS changes should go check that out in a few hours :^)

Top Bottom