• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Counter-Strike: Global Offensive |OT3| Halo and Goodbye

Rap is Crap. People driving around in their Rap Cars being thugs is ruining America

huckabee.jpg

Two Words

This gun is garbage now and serves no purpose. Why use it over a desert eagle? DE is usually 2 body shots to kill, far faster, more ammo, and more accurate when fast firing.

cHinzo

Wait, the update is already live? RiP fun. Now I need to complain about the rifle nerfs, even tho I havent touched those guns in a while lol. Revolver only was so fun. ;__;

Valkrai

This gun is garbage now and serves no purpose. Why use it over a desert eagle? DE is usually 2 body shots to kill, far faster, more ammo, and more accurate when fast firing.

The accuracy reset is quicker when left clicking over the Deagle. The Deagle accuracy is garbage after first shot unless you wait a period of time to shoot again or hit a juan deag.

RobNBanks

Banned

did they also nerf strafing accuracy?

because it basically made Mirage T sided since you can just strafe out mid and prefire the same corner that everyone sits in. Peekers advantage and all that

Two Words

did they also nerf strafing accuracy?

because it basically made Mirage T sided since you can just strafe out mid and prefire the same corner that everyone sits in. Peekers advantage and all that

I dunno. Once I saw how much weaker it is, I tossed it back in the inventory. That gun was great because you could use it with the knowledge that you are likely to one shot an enemy. You can take risks when you know a one shot will occur. I wish they kept the damage high and impacted other areas instead. Make it less accurate. Make it a longer trigger pull. The damage being nerfed just makes it all pointless.

Mokoi

Banned
Fuck man all they needed to do is lower pistol run accuracy but nahh got make other changes. I chould have played the pre update game for life and be content. Update left me disappointed. My achy breaky heart

I dunno. Once I saw how much weaker it is, I tossed it back in the inventory. That gun was great because you could use it with the knowledge that you are likely to one shot an enemy. You can take risks when you know a one shot will occur. I wish they kept the damage high and impacted other areas instead. Make it less accurate. Make it a longer trigger pull. The damage being nerfed just makes it all pointless.

The gun is still really powerful and with it's mobile accuracy buffed it's now a cheaper scout.

MayMay

Banned
Just played a MM game, yeahh.. not a fan of using the revolver anymore. The main draw was that satisfying one hit kill - but that's gone now for the most part. Probably just gonna go back to the Deagle because it's more fun and satisfying if you manage to hit that sweet one deag. Even though it does not really matter to me anyways because I don't usually buy the Deagle unless my team is really far ahead and I feel like having some fun..

Don't really need a pocket scout.. gonna give the revolver a few more matches though.

baby

bruh the deagle is a 3 shot kill from anything longer than kinda mediumish range

Valkrai

Just played a MM game, yeahh.. not a fan of using the revolver anymore. The main draw was that satisfying one hit kill - but that's gone now for the most part. Probably just gonna go back to the Deagle because it's more fun and satisfying if you manage to hit that sweet one deag. Even though it does not really matter to me anyways because I don't usually buy the Deagle unless my team is really far ahead and I feel like having some fun..

Don't really need a pocket scout.. gonna give the revolver a few more matches though.

I like it still. I don't like the Deagle at all, while I'd rather take the charge and ammo penalty.

kenbo

OK so the R8 went from
116 DMG -> 86 DMG

and spread from
0.48 -> 0.56

Apparently the charge takes a little longer too

Same Armor Penetration value though.

So in what situations do I want to use this over the tec-9/five-seven?

Valkrai

OK so the R8 went from
116 DMG -> 86 DMG

and spread from
0.48 -> 0.56

I'd only recommend it maybe for a forcebuy or if you have enough money to still buy the next round but need a good wep for eco.

tootsi666

OK so the R8 went from
116 DMG -> 86 DMG

and spread from
0.48 -> 0.56

After you lose pistol 2-3 guys buy R8, the rest buy 5-7/Tec-9

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
OK so the R8 went from
116 DMG -> 86 DMG

and spread from
0.48 -> 0.56

it's pretty bad now which is completely fine with me, i can only see myself using it on a force buy where i want a cheaper scout--so playing on A site dust2 or mid mirage or something

RobNBanks

Banned
gotta love it when the community bitches about "not every gun needs to be viable" while also complaining that "i have no reason to use this gun over this other one"

Turok_TTZ

Revolverfiesta was fun if you don't like counter-strike. I wish they had completely nuke

I never had the chance to play a "high noon" game with it before it was patched. now there is no point.

at the very least, they could throw in more revolver animations to make up for bad nerfing. its only use now is to view best animation.

Top Bottom