• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Counter-Strike: Global Offensive |OT3| Halo and Goodbye

I haven't played Tribes in awhile, but that was my go-to FPS when I got back into PC gaming in 2012. I'll definitely check that out tonight.

cHinzo

Car broke down on the way home so I had to wait like 2 hours for someone to help me out,

thanks volvo, all your fault for adding that revolver!

Edit: oh shit Tribes:Ascend is gonna get an update later today that removes all microtransactions and adds new shit + rebalances the whole thing.... perfect. Let's hope that this'll draw in a few players now that it's finally back from the dead after years of being abandoned...
(literally, HiRez is worse than Valve. Totally abandoned the game in favor of SMITE.. at least CSGO still gets some sort of "support" and coexists with Dota 2 lol).
Everyone thats so mad about the CS changes should go check that out in a few hours :^)
U still owe me a L4D2 game tbh. 😫😫

Haribi

Why isn't there a Star Wars RPG? And wouldn't James Bond make for a pretty good FPS?
I don't know if it's been mentioned here already, but the folder from which the game loads your config has been changed. It's now in C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\userdata\XXX\730\local\cfg so if you wanna do any changes to your cfg files you gotta do it there.

Haribi

Why isn't there a Star Wars RPG? And wouldn't James Bond make for a pretty good FPS?
Game was supposed to start 45 minutes ago and we're still here watching interviews.
If you say a game starts at 6:40 pm then start at 6:40 ffs.

cresto

Im not playing this game until they fix it. I just bought Faceit premium too. Fucking dumb valve.

Im hoping face it bans the pistol until its fixed, so I can actually get my money out of it.

tootsi666

Im not playing this game until they fix it. I just bought Faceit premium too. Fucking dumb valve.

Im hoping face it bans the pistol until its fixed, so I can actually get my money out of it.
They would need to make a plugin for that. They don't want to burn bridges with Valve (they are gonna ask Valve to patch/add cvar/ whitelist their servers).
Edit. This ESL audio production. I want to mute Pansy but listen to sgares.
ESEA will remove it by Monday if no update
So, how is ESEA in EU :)?

Haribi

GOD MOE

Shame that he's stitting at the opposite end of the camera. Wanna see his reactions

cHinzo

NA CS.

They had it in the bag lol.

Hixx

I saw that.

I can't believe you played against 5 bots in a MM and posted the video in here thinking none of us would notice.

SHAME

RobNBanks

Banned
Uhhh yeah
Clipse's Lord Willin is one of my favourite rap albums of all time
That webm I posted I was still listening to him lol

disgusting.

I'm gonna just pretend you like Pharrell's beats and not the lyrics. At least that way I can understand

Grindin' the GOAT in that regard

pushaT is like riv tier though. actually I'm sorry Riv if you're lurking. kenbo tier.

udiie

lmao lots of rap is lyrically on the level of pandering, so i wont disagree with that
im a fan of pushas delivery though, and the production on most of his stuff is really decent
and yeah, pharrells/the neptunes beats definitely has something to do with that album being a huge favorite of mine

baby

ive never seen anti rap elitism be anything but looking down on black people

like i get you never had to meet a black person because you live in au or whatever but its still pretty lame

Omikron

like i get you never had to meet a black person because you live in au or whatever but its still pretty lame

That is one huuuuuuge leap based on a personal preference.

Omikron

if its personal preference, why are you calling the whole genre garbage?
also, why are you assuming im a "kid" just for liking it?
what life experience could cause this?

The first line is true, there is very little of the genre I enjoy listening to. I do agree it is cultural however and definitely not something I was exposed to early in life resulting in the outcome you see today. That doesn't mean what you were getting at though, far from it.

The further two are references to arguments I heard yesterday I heard in this very thread used on others. Funny how that works isn't it?

MayMay

Banned
nvm

Edit: Gotta say this tho:

I hate rap for the most part - and I do think most rap is garbage, guess what I'm not a racist tho and I'm also not looking down on black people. Not sure where you're going with that, baby lol

Omikron

Hey, guys, incoming update.

http://blog.counter-strike.net/index.php/2015/12/13366/

On Tuesday we shipped some major gameplay changes in CS:GO including the R8 Revolver, and players have been voicing legitimate concerns over the balance of the weapon as shipped.

While it typically takes more time to generate enough data to drive an update (and gameplay updates are always a bit disruptive), in this case it’s clear that we got the damage wrong and can respond immediately.

So today we’re updating the R8 Revolver to bring its values to be more in line with other weapons: among other changes, its damage has been reduced and it takes slightly longer to fire.

As experience with other new weapons (e.g., CZ75a and M4A1-S) has shown us, it may require several iterations over a longer period to find the stable values that create interesting strategic choices for players. We’re committed to monitoring usage and adjusting the values as required.

Tuesday’s update also included several other changes to gameplay (including a rebalancing for pistols and rifles). It’s still too early to determine their impact but we’re just as committed to monitoring the new meta and ensuring that as CS:GO continues to evolve, it remains fun, skillful, and balanced.

MayMay

Banned
So today we’re updating the R8 Revolver to bring its values to be more in line with other weapons: among other changes, its damage has been reduced and it takes slightly longer to fire.

Well there we go, and people were afraid (and freaking out like crazy) that it'd stay this way for months lol

Here's an idea. A custom map with the R8 where headshots kill but shooting anywhere else does no damage. Bit like Golden Gun mode.

Could be fun.

Top Bottom