• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Counter-Strike: Global Offensive |OT3| Halo and Goodbye

baby

no. people are pissy because people come to a conclusion on changes within a minute based off a few word and some numbers.

There's people that pretended the R8 wasn't stupid. I noticed that shit within 3 rounds.

People complained about rifles. unless I'm a fucking god I didn't go from supreme to silver because a few bullets deviate a few thousandths of a mm in a different direction. I noticed this within a few rounds as well.

but don't let any of that stop you. SlothSquadron trying to be relevant, LEGIJA who hasnt been good since..i wouldn't know because dude cant even stay on a team as a coach. Those are legit sources. Fuck playing the game. just act like you know shit without experiencing it yourself.

like pyth on twitter telling people to "read up on changes"

cuz you know, CS is a text based adventure

i wouldnt blame slothsquadron i dont think hes done much other than release the actual numbers and promote his mod that hes been working on for like a year now thats destined to fail

RobNBanks

Banned
i wouldnt blame slothsquadron i dont think hes done much other than release the actual numbers and promote his mod that hes been working on for like a year now thats destined to fail

so basically trying to be relevant so people use his shitty mod where everything is pre-pre M4a1?

baby

so basically trying to be relevant so people use his shitty mod where everything is pre-pre M4a1?

he didnt incite outrage at all is what i mean. in fact, i wouldve thought this update was terrible based off of the patch notes but the number proved how ridiculous this whole thing is to me

MayMay

Banned
de5898f5f7.png

But yeah, let's stay edgy

Edit: Anways, SlothSquadron seems to know CSGO better than Valve does.. since Valve can't ever implement their armor penetration changes properly. That's actually kinda hilarious.

RobNBanks

Banned
oh okay you're right. makes up for the m249 being the old M4.\

cuz when you're mad at valve for trying to make every gun useful, lets promote a mod that tries to make every gun useful.

MayMay

Banned
You don't have to like/agree with all the changes that mod makes (Edit: I don't either), but it's an interesting (different) perspective on CSGO

Haribi

Why isn't there a Star Wars RPG? And wouldn't James Bond make for a pretty good FPS?
I tried Slothsquadrons mod for 10 minutes on a private server. The first things I noticed were the way too accurate deagle and cz. You could pretty much spam the deagle without much spread and the recoil of the cz was perfectly manageable like a rifle. You just had to pull straight down and it was very accurate. In general the mod might just be too accurate and too easy.
I like the rifles as they are right now tbh. Only thing they should do is buff the accuracy of the first 3 bullets or so.
As for pistols, I don't like how Valve treated all the pistols the same and increased movement inaccuracy of all pistols by 2x even tho some needed the nerf more than others. Tec9 for example was in need of a nerf the most but suffered the least from it relative to the others. I would've increased the inaccuracy of the tec9 by 2x, the glock by 1.25x and everything else 1.5x. Even 2x might be too low for the tec9 tho.

And as I said before, Allu to Liquid makes too much sense. The only question is if he would be willing to move to NA but when I asked him last year (before he joined NIP) he said that he would go to NA if he received a good offer. Now with his wife it might've changed but why else would he try out for them if he wasn't considering joining them?

MayMay

Banned
Yeaah.. 2x seems way too low for the Tec-9. Guns still incredibly accurate

So, I have not been following pro CS at all lately (shame on me). I know allu announced he'd be leaving NiP - did anyone else step forward to announce the same yet?

frbrr

Yeaah.. 2x seems way too low for the Tec-9. Guns still incredibly accurate

So, I have not been following pro CS at all lately (shame on me). I know allu announced he'd be leaving NiP - did anyone else step forward to announce the same yet?

nah, everyone has been really quiet, not even commenting on allu leaving.

baby

I tried Slothsquadrons mod for 10 minutes on a private server. The first things I noticed were the way too accurate deagle and cz. You could pretty much spam the deagle without much spread and the recoil of the cz was perfectly manageable like a rifle. You just had to pull straight down and it was very accurate. In general the mod might just be too accurate and too easy.
I like the rifles as they are right now tbh. Only thing that could use a buff is first shot accuracy. As for pistols, I don't like how Valve treated all the pistols the same and increased movement inaccuracy of all pistols by 2x even tho some needed the nerf more than others. Tec9 for example was in need of a nerf the most but suffered the least from it relative to the others. I would've increased the inaccuracy of the tec9 by 2x, the glock by 1.25x and everything else 1.5x. Even 2x might be too low for the tec9 tho.

And as I said before, Allu to Liquid makes too much sense. The only question is if he would be willing to move to NA but when I asked him last year (before he joined NIP) he said that he would go to NA if he received a good offer. Now with his wife it might've changed but why else would he try out for them if he wasn't considering joining them?

2x is what they did for the tec and it still works just the same

Michael Grzesiek ‏@C9shroud 11m11 minutes ago

They actually reverted the update, im pist :( I liked it :'(
14 retweets 92 likes

Lol Valve listened to the whiny fucks on Reddit. Lol those guys would have gotten over the update in like a month. Shame Valve listened to the whiners complaining just because their spray control and aim was bad.

Xizk

At least it sounds like they are still aiming to make tapping + bursting more viable which sounds good to me. Been practicing those a lot lately.

cHinzo

Old update hype? Gonna be interesting how they gonna make tapping and bursting more rewarding in the future. Pistols are back to OP levels now though.

Mokoi

Banned
Fuck now what do I blame when I die. Back to lol shitty Volvo 64 tick

Also that revert is gon be temporary. They will make changes again soon. Like what one month

baby

not like its a real lineup and nme is the worst team ever

they made it to pro league for a reason theyre not totally clueless

Deltoid

Banned
I hope the rifle revert change is due to pro feedback and not reddit shitposting

I'm glad I have my old ak back, but that's for selfish reasons. pistol change was nice tbh, shit is op again.

MayMay

Banned
Reverting the rifle nerf did not seem so necessary, but it's good that they're communicating for once regardless.

Can't wait to see what they're gonna do to "fix" the nerf. Since it's obviously just being removed temporarily until Valve finds a way to do what they want (make bursting/tapping more appealing) without screwing things up.

RobNBanks

Banned
I hope the rifle revert change is due to pro feedback and not reddit shitposting

I'm glad I have my old ak back, but that's for selfish reasons. pistol change was nice tbh, shit is op again.
Lol

Pros complained about the cz for months. Even friberg and he champions every valve update. They really don't care what pros think

This is because of reddit and their constant bitching. They know this now too so gl on this game ever actually improving.

MayMay

Banned
Yeah, I always liked watching Season matches even though there were only very few of those.

Was fun because most teams were, obviously, not prepared for that map lol

Disxo

Thanks for sharing the vid, I recognize some of the plays, but geez...this may seem like a 10 years old comment but kennys had the sickest plays this year.

Top Bottom