• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Counter-Strike: Global Offensive |OT3| Halo and Goodbye

rugioh

Banned
I dont get it

If you know he's using a controller and he's just going to bait, why play with him? You're kinda asking for it if you want to seriously win with a controller guy on your team.

Valkrai

I dont get it

If you know he's using a controller and he's just going to bait, why play with him? You're kinda asking for it if you want to seriously win with a controller guy on your team.

Sometimes better than randoms. Randoms are the worst :/

MayMay

Banned
Yeah NA randoms are the worst. I remember I played a match with baby on US servers once and the randoms were really dumb and annoying.

MayMay

Banned
Just when I thought I've seen it all cHinzo goes afk during a match to cook rice.

At least we had the nicest random people in that match and still managed to win easily.

udiie

1TLwTfC.jpg
can be yours for only 600k

I dont get it

Funny. We win like 80% of our matches played together. ;P

And we usually rotate top fragging. :p

Haribi

Why isn't there a Star Wars RPG? And wouldn't James Bond make for a pretty good FPS?
How is this even possible?

pwOOer6.jpg

I guess the guy who left before we could see his rank must've been Supreme but he was as bad as the others. But even then 1 Supreme and 4 Gold Novas is still super unfair.

The topfragger of them had a sick 1v5 with an AWP though where we just rushed him one by one.

convenient timing - which equals luck.

Or am I missing something skillful here? :p

Just how calm GeT_RiGhT stays the entire situation, and just makes those perfect decisions to keep faking out Taz and even making the sudden decision to go B instead of challenging A-site. Then how sneaky and calm he is hiding on B-site, hiding at an angle Taz wouldn't expect because the bomb wasn't planted for that angle, and even more just walking around the boxes when needed to make sure Taz doesn't spot him.

Just super sneaky, and super smart, and I wish I could eventually lurk that well haha. I would have botched it on A-site, or missed the fake flash onto B.

Mutombo

ok, questions.

I used to play ten years ago, I stopped, and recently picked up again. Sucked at first but getting the hang of it again.

I'm silver elite now. Which, well, it doesn't mean jack shit. Some games I just can't find my groove. I keep rushing into headshots, I keep missing, etc, lowest of the team, with an occasional round where I kill four out of five of the other team. Of these games I occasionally play with my brother, who's better than me, but not a high level yet because he has a new account which he plays on.

Some games I'm at the top, I rock, rule, kill, etc. I THINK those games are played without my brother, but I'm not sure.

So my brother being a better player and teaming with him means I play against better opponents? Even though he is not 'silver elite' whatever that means?

Or is it just, well, sometimes you rock, sometimes you don't?

And can I be degraded again? How often does Steam evaluate skill?

I have no clue why some everything seems to fail. I find camping to be boring, tedious, and I'm bad at it. But maybe where rushing used to work against medium opponents I just walk into AWPS and head shooters in games against better skilled opponents.

Agh.

Also: I hit more before the re-patched the rifle changes again!:(

MayMay

Banned
Alot of people, especially in the beginning, have a big problem with consistency. So it's understandable that you do well sometimes and not the others. Stuff that helps against that is deathmatch practice, 1v1 servers, practice the spraypatterns, watching pro CS etc etc. and just overall experience. The fact that you did better before the rifle nerf got reverted is.. probably just placebo imo.

Depending on how much your brother played on his new account without you it could very well be possible that you're getting some better opponents - but that's easy to figure out because you can just look at the ranks of ppl after you finished the match. So if they're higher (maybe in the Novas) then yea you're getting tougher opponents.

Ranks are re-evaluated after every match, the more you win the faster you rank up and the more you lose the faster you rank down.

Rushing is not gonna get you very far, not on T side if you just rush on your own and try to be the hero and clear a site all by yourself - and especially not on CT side. Does not work, so don't do it. It may work in the lower silver ranks, but anything above that you're gonna get shit on if you just rush in because it's 1) very predictable and 2) very easy to take you out since people can just wait for you holding an angle and kill you once you show yourself.
If you really want to push something aggressively once in a while, use flashbangs!

PS: There's no camping in Counter-Strike

About the only time I'll rush/run 'n gun like a headless chicken is when we win the pistol round on T-side at Inferno, the team calls for a full P90 buy on round 2 and we rush straight up banana to B. But I got a feeling that'll go completely South if I ever hit the ranks above DMG and you'll get instantly picked off with a double USP HS.

Disxo

Will pass thanks...my internet sucks.

Guys the dual berretas are awesome for pistol rounds geez.
Best rush stopping power I love it.

MayMay

Banned
CSGAF, got 3 codes for Rainbow Six Siege for the weekend. Anyone interested?

Quote to reveal, redeem in Uplay

Took the middle one, fyi. Thanks for that.

Guess I'll be playing that this weekend to see how the game developed (I liked the Beta) and depending on if I like it or not Ill buy it.

Valkrai

Forgot to mention it'll come up on Saturday. I'll probably play it this weekend if anyone wants to try it.

BTW is third code taken already?

Just had my most satisfying win. Down 12-6 and 2 guys already abandoning us couple of round earlier, we manage to win it somehow 16-14. Unreal. Bot Ernie and Yogi, baby.

We did initiate a slow shift of the Skill Group boundaries recently, due to an increase in players and a substantial upward drift over time in the skill groups distribution. While this won’t impact the quality of your matches (you are matched based on an underlying rank value and not the visible Skill Group), many players will experience a change in their Skill Group as the distribution returns to a bell curve centered approximately at Gold Nova 4. We also shipped a recent update that will automatically monitor and maintain consistency of the players skill groups distribution. That should eliminate the need to make such disruptive boundary adjustments in the future.

So Valve did change the ranking system a bit. Interesting.

Glad they made room for my SMFC.

udiie

Yeah I deranked to LEM after a consecutive win and loss
Oh well
Also go see Star Wars if you haven't yet
That shit is hella easy to spoil

Valkrai

Oh well

I haven't yet but saw the spoilers already so I'm ok.

RIP Denial, fuck ESEA for screwing them over and picking amateurs like Winterfox.

MayMay

Banned
Oh well

Ill go watch it like.. next week. Once all the nerds got done watching it and I can actually go check it out in peace
Kappa.png

Top Bottom