• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Counter-Strike: Global Offensive |OT3| Halo and Goodbye

I feel bad for SBD

:(

He'll sit there watching streams desperately hoping NiP to win.. anything. Wonder if NiP magic is dead with pyth.

Don't worry though, NiP will disband for sure if they can't get results with pyth (they wont get any)
Nah, I'll be there sitting down in Ohio with friends rubbing it in their faces when we watch NiP play in the finals at MLG Columbus.

none of my friends are NiP fans either. :(

Sanjay

( I was getting accused of being a smurf in Silver).

lol same, my first game in Silver 1, the stand out moment in the game for me was when we were T's on Mirage and I jumped this section to get to Jungle but failed it, landed and hid scared in the corner with everything so silent, I slowly look to my left and see a CT camping opposite me, I was like WUT and killed him. Might make some videos of my Silver 1 adventures.
silver1lolqusvh.png

RobNBanks

Banned
is esportsobserver legit?

they reported that Activision Blizzard bought MLG for $46 million. Site went down obviously because it just got posted

cHinzo

Happy New Year CSGaf!

I still think NiP can win some smaller tournaments with a bit of luck in 2016. Winning only 1 notable tournament in 2015 is not like NiP.

Really hope ex-TSM is gonna get a major next year. They deserve one. ;_;

Happy New Year CSGaf!

I still think NiP can win some smaller tournaments with a bit of luck in 2016. Winning only 1 notable tournament in 2015 is not like NiP.

Really hope ex-TSM is gonna get a major next year. They deserve one. ;_;

Same, I really want to see TSM win a major.

I hope NiP and TSM both win a major this year. I also expect NiP to make it to 2 finals and I hope TSM makes it to at least 2 Semi-finals.

Valkrai

Onii-Chan -A- EIZO ♥ : 2016 is the year that I become Global Elite D:

I had to save this gem for future laughing and mocking. I know I won't get to GE unless I drastically improve my gamesense and teamplay but LMAO

Mr.Mike

Kinda want to get a 144Hz monitor, but I know I'm not gonna have nearly as much time to play CS once the next semester starts.

frbrr

happy new year cs gaf

the mlg sale kind of bums me out, mostly because there's no one from na to take over cs when mlg go full blizzard promo mode with heroes, hearthstone and overwatch

tootsi666

Top 20 players starts today

I wonder if GeT_RiGhT, the god of CS will be #1 this year :)
The ranking is as always based on statistical parameters from big LAN events (that at least several top teams attended). Being the best player at an event (MVP) or one of the best, was valued more than just playing well and as always contribution to team success was the main parameter.
Pretty much confirms Olofm and GuardiaN being number #1 and #2. Both have had a great year and a lot of MVP performances.

Valkrai

happy new year cs gaf

the mlg sale kind of bums me out, mostly because there's no one from na to take over cs when mlg go full blizzard promo mode with heroes, hearthstone and overwatch

I mean there's Turner ELeague but that's only if it takes off

tootsi666

Some clues for those trying to guess the ranking: all 20 players attended at least 2 majors and 2 other $250,000 events, 11 were at ESWC and 16 at FACEIT Stage 3 Finals at DHW.
Sorry rain

Edit. 4 players who didn't attend DHW are probably skadoodle, flamie, GuardiaN and shox

Hixx

Flicking through reddit on the toilet and nip are announcing a new coach?

People seem to think it's threat

Edit: oh it's already confirmed. Whoops.

baby

when i saw that alternate signed a team i just KNEW it was gonna be a shit german team

Latham’s rating in Cologne was the highest of his team and the tournament with 1.15. More impressively, though, was the fact that he was the highest impact sniper with 128 AWP kills, only 10 kills short of doubling the 69 JW got as the second player with the most AWP frags.

um... holy shit?

Top 10 players of 2015:

1) GeT_RiGhT
Just the best CS player in general
2) Olofmiester
Won 2 of the 3 majors, and just pretty much makes his Top 3 team
3) Device
Is a god when he doesn't choke
4) Flusha
Still hasn't been VAC banned when playing in a major
5) KennyS
#1 AWPer in the world, finally on a good team and finally winning majors and placing high
6) Duphree
Such a clutch player and fucking insane in clutch situations
7) ALLU
#2 AWPer in the world, RiP in Peace :(
8) Snax
Pretty much makes or breaks his team, if he plays well, Virtus Wins, if he plays bad, they lose.
9) NBK
SUPER consistent and EnVyUs would lose more often if he wasn't
10) F0rest
Slumped a bit for the first half of the year, but really is working his way back to #2 best player in the world the last half. An amazing double AWP set up with him.

Top 5 teams:
1) Fnatic
2) EnVyUs
3) NiP
4) TSM
5) Virtus Pro

RobNBanks

Banned
WHAT

You didnt place NiP on #1 of the best teams list? Are you... are you feeling alright SBD?

pretty hilarious.

according to him NiP had the best player in the game, and the second best player (in the latter half of the year)

yet still only manage 3rd lol

baby

He hates Guardian or some shit. He is better than kennyS though, so much so it's a 1v5 :p

he hates navi as a whole. something to do with beating nip at a major or something? i have no clue i just remember him being mad. skadoodle best awp stats anyway

Holy shit has MM being such a PITA lately. I'm pretty sure im going to be deranking for Nova Master pretty soon. All my games lately have been with shit people. People throwing a bitch fit over one person so then they decide to throw the game when we had a clear chance of winning it.

tootsi666

As some had already alluded to, we first trialed Allu for the position, and he had to decide between signing for Liquid or developing the Finnish scene. Unfortunately, he chose to stick up for his homeland
Rip

baby

S1mple's English is bad though. Wonder how he is gonna communicate. :d

there was a leaked skype log between him and some guy in the liquid org about organizing english lessons in la a few days ago. dont know how theyre gonna do it- last i heard, hes still banned from english as a second language, and thats why other teams wouldnt pick him up.

Valkrai

there was a leaked skype log between him and some guy in the liquid org about organizing english lessons in la a few days ago. dont know how theyre gonna do it- last i heard, hes still banned from english as a second language, and thats why other teams wouldnt pick him up.

His ban ends soon so they're taking advantage of him when he can participate.

So I decided I wanna use that €25 in my Steam Wallet to bet on CS GO matches. Ain't gonna buy a game, because nothing interests me and soon gonna have less time anyway, and not gonna buy an average skin or 2 just to have it ingame. So I just wanna have some fun with it while possible making a bit of extra money. I've been betting sports my entire life almost, so why not try out the CS Go scene as well.

What's the best way to get started? I've been Googling a bit, but what did you guys buy at the start with a smallish budget of €/$ 25? And don't the worth of the cheaper skins go down over time anyway? Any stuff that's stable in price for a while?

Any advice is greatly appreciated, thanks fellas!

baby

how does one get banned from ESL

if you cheat, youre banned from speaking english. thats why only french canadians cheat in north america. (i.e. udiie)

So I decided I wanna use that €25 in my Steam Wallet to bet on CS GO matches. Ain't gonna buy a game, because nothing interests me and soon gonna have less time anyway, and not gonna buy an average skin or 2 just to have it ingame. So I just wanna have some fun with it while possible making a bit of extra money. I've been betting sports my entire life almost, so why not try out the CS Go scene as well.

What's the best way to get started? I've been Googling a bit, but what did you guys buy at the start with a smallish budget of €/$ 25? And don't the worth of the cheaper skins go down over time anyway? Any stuff that's stable in price for a while?

Any advice is greatly appreciated, thanks fellas!

how confident are you in your knowledge of the scene? if you havent been watching attentively for very long, i would start with a budget of 0$ and just writing down your bets to see how often you win for a while. based off of that and how much money you have, you can decide how much youre willing to invest into betting.

impact

Banned
Rip allu's career

he's a pretty solid AWPer so I don't think he's done just yet. I think he'll join a decent team after this Finnish lineup goes nowhere for the first part of 2016 and promptly disbands.

s1mple just brings way more to a team than allu. s1mple is probably the best rifler that can AWP outside of olof.

Top Bottom