• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Counter-Strike: Global Offensive |OT3| Halo and Goodbye

RobNBanks

Banned
being the living embodiment of
lmao
Optic must be paying a lot for that shit team

Makes sense if they get to ELeague though

ConquestOpTic is probably the third best NA team and have been improving. Liquid/C9 are first. CLG has been mediocre for the longest time I think they get bumped down to #4.

with sgares leaving and no igl to pick up, C9 probably drops to #3 soon.

they'll probably split the NA scene with Liquid so it's not a waste of money

Haribi

Why isn't there a Star Wars RPG? And wouldn't James Bond make for a pretty good FPS?
considering the team had mild success with just elige, its not totally impossible the team will accomplish something with s1mple

What do you mean with just elige? Nitr0 has clearly been their best player and imo is currently the 2nd best american player after Skadoodle.
Hiko hasn't really been much worse than Elige either.

impact

Banned
Hiko gets cleanup kills while baiting four other people

EliGE and nitr0 are much better players, and also are not self centered pricks.

baby

What do you mean with just elige? Nitr0 has clearly been their best player and imo is currently the 2nd best american player after Skadoodle.
Hiko hasn't really been much worse than Elige either.

hiko rarely contributes unless the whoke team is dead and everytime i watch them on lan, nitr0 doesnt frag nearly as well as elige. he hasnt really impressed me for months.

dont get me wrong, nitr0 isnt a deadweight, and he is a good, reliable player. its just that its elige who gets them games.

tootsi666

hiko rarely contributes unless the whoke team is dead and everytime i watch them on lan, nitr0 doesnt frag nearly as well as elige. he hasnt really impressed me for months.

dont get me wrong, nitr0 isnt a deadweight, and he is a good, reliable player. its just that its elige who gets them games.
nitr0 has easily been the best player on Liquid at LANs.

Statswise it's not even close
nitr0
EliGe

spootime

compare their history on hltv, this isnt true.

edit: talking about events that actually matter, not random NA online shitfests.

theyve never done an mlg event as far as i know. even if they did the only previous one, they havent been banned yet.

off topic, how fast do you guys think r6 will die? i dont want to spend like 30 on it just for it to tank after a couple weeks

Honestly rs6 is one of the best mp games I've played in a long time. Last time I had this much fun was bad company 2 on 360. I'll be playing it for a long time.

rugioh

Banned
This might be a somewhat dumb question, but I'm looking for some input.

On Mirage, on CT I usually defend A ramp. I like to throw a smoke and grenade to block off the fastest spawns from challenging early round and hold the angle from triple box. But in a game I played last night the guys just pushed through the smoke and challenged. While its a retarded play to make, and I certainly just choked my shots in one or two rounds, they got the best of me more often then not because they would pop flash over the wall and push at least 2 people through at once. How should I play it different so that I more consistently punish their decision to push the smoke? Maybe run to stairs and hold the crossfire with my teammate playing in A site instead of challenging them from triple box/site?

impact

Banned

On Mirage, on CT I usually defend A ramp. I like to throw a smoke and grenade to block off the fastest spawns from challenging early round and hold the angle from triple box. But in a game I played last night the guys just pushed through the smoke and challenged. While its a retarded play to make, and I certainly just choked my shots in one or two rounds, they got the best of me more often then not because they would pop flash over the wall and push at least 2 people through at once. How should I play it different so that I more consistently punish their decision to push the smoke? Maybe run to stairs and hold the crossfire with my teammate playing in A site instead of challenging them from triple box/site?

smoke ramp, throw molly right outside the smoke blocking their way to tetris, throw a flash on tetris, peek

you should be getting free kills. if that doesn't work I'd buy an auto and sit ct/ticket booth or play three A (one under/balc area, one site/triple area, one jungle/stairs area)

Redditor made a timeline for the operations

SzhY7kp.jpg

cHinzo

What I like to do when holding A site Mirage is nade stacking ramp with the guy you are playing with at A, smoke ramp and make my way under palace. If they throw smokes for an execute or if you simply hear them pushing I like to molly palace first if I got the money, so they cant push out from 2 spots into A at the same time and throw one or two pop flash from under palace to flash tetris and pop out for some easy kills. Two pop flashes are the most effective in case someone isn't entirely blind or pushed late out of ramp, but sometimes you don't have the time for that, because your teammate died and you need to trade ASAP. Imma see if I got some footage of this when I get home.

If your aim isn't strong, get the advantage with nades. :D I don't like to rely on teammates, because u will get games where you just get ditched and be alone on the site. Of course having some teammates at the right spot can make your life way easier, for example if you got a shitty headset :^), a teammate can spot enemies pushing out of ramp so you know when to use your nades.

rugioh

Banned
What I like to do when holding A site Mirage is nade stacking ramp with the guy you are playing with at A, smoke ramp and make my way under palace. If they throw smokes for an execute or if you simply hear them pushing I like to molly palace first if I got the money, so they cant push out from 2 spots into A at the same time and throw one or two pop flash from under palace to flash tetris and pop out for some easy kills. Two pop flashes are the most effective in case someone isn't entirely blind or pushed late out of ramp, but sometimes you don't have the time for that, because your teammate died and you need to trade ASAP. Imma see if I got some footage of this when I get home.

If your aim isn't strong, get the advantage with nades. :D I don't like to rely on teammates, because u will get games where you just get ditched and be alone on the site. Of course having some teammates at the right spot can make your life way easier, for example if you got a shitty headset :^), a teammate can spot enemies pushing out of ramp so you know when to use your nades.

Assuming the other guy is playing under balcony then would stairs be the best place to play off of his position though? Or in your perspective: If you know you can hold down the under balcony position where would you ideally want your partner in A to be playing from?

cHinzo

Assuming the other guy is playing under balcony then would stairs be the best place to play off of his position though? Or in your perspective: If you know you can hold down the under balcony position where would you ideally want your partner in A to be playing from?
Yep, connector stairs would be the best spot. It's a tricky spot to play though. Need to switch between helping mid and A at the right time.

Weird question, but it's been about a year since I played so I can't remember: Was there ever a point in time where you couldn't play competitive with friends due to a large difference in rank? I have vague memories of me and my friends being master guardian and my other friend being silver-something, but when he tried to join our party he got some message about a difference in rank, maybe. Anyone remember that or did I just dream it?

edit: Nevermind, I found it: http://blog.counter-strike.net/index.php/2014/11/10886/
Hopefully we're all bad enough now that the difference in skill groups won't matter.

dave is ok

aztek is ok
Even when winning 2 out of every 3 games I still deranked all the way down to Silver I.

Nothing but smurfs, hackers and spinners down here.

impact

Banned
Yeah.. my G502 is very similar if I put the weights in. The weight feels just right.

Yeah I always load mine fully with weights because otherwise it just feels like a cheap mouse

u guys are gonna get better when u upgrade from that mouse.... just sayin

Even when winning 2 out of every 3 games I still deranked all the way down to Silver I.

lol I honestly doubt theres hackers in silver 1 but ok

baby

personally i dont like to take this fight at all because imbad, so i sit back at ticket and spot it. gets really easy to back off if you get flashed or avoid it in the first place. if your teammate is playing under balc, wait til he can get a crossfire with you so you wont be facing 2 at once. also make use of mollies and counterflashes if you can afford.

cHinzo

Gotta work that elo until it's at an acceptable level bruh. :d Also, not everyone better than u is a hacker.

F0rest 16th player of the year btw.

tootsi666

f0rest was a lot more consistent this year than I realised

I also find it hard to believe that there are many smurfs and hackers at Silver 1. I mean, you have to really try to get to that level

Edit. There is a team called Fredde in the EU Minor Qualifier Top 4. Two of their players have dropped ~40 frags in under 30 rounds. Never underestimate the swedes

Top Bottom