• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Counter-Strike: Global Offensive |OT3| Halo and Goodbye

tootsi666

The best thing about this is that they had to fuck up so many things to get caught and then wait 11 months to get told they are permabanned lmao

Still think it's kinda fucked that Valve permabans minors in both CS and Dota but their tournaments, their rules.

Edit. the french got pwned also

impact

Banned
Fuck valve

Hopefully the French fucks are permabanned as well. RIP swag and fxy0, still better than 90% of current pro players.

baby

What a time to be alive. They could make a decent living off of FPL for the time being but I wonder when they decide to just give it up and move on.

youre nuts if you think dazed and steel have any other kind of marketable skills

impact

Banned
also how are Skadoodle and ShahZ not banned? ShahZ profited off the throw and knew about it, Skadoodle FUCKING THREW THE MATCH LOL

I wonder if the leagues will follow suit...

I really doubt it. They're gonna be able to play everything but majors/minors but what team will pick up a player that can't play in a major? OpTic? probably :x

Valkrai

also how are Skadoodle and ShahZ not banned? ShahZ profited off the throw and knew about it, Skadoodle FUCKING THREW THE MATCH LOL

They supposedly didn't have proof of the throw (no skins in his account). ShahZam, I have no clue why he wasn't.

baby

I really doubt it. They're gonna be able to play everything but majors/minors but what team will pick up a player that can't play in a major? OpTic? probably :x

shahzam didnt funnel his skins through cud, and therefore wasnt considered part of organizing the throw. and also pretty much everyone involved claimed it was a lucky guess, pretty much saying, "why the fuck would we tell shahzam of all people?"

Haribi

Why isn't there a Star Wars RPG? And wouldn't James Bond make for a pretty good FPS?
I still think they will get unbanned from all leagues and tournaments and the 3 majors will be the only tournaments they won't be able to attend.
That leaves the question though if an organisation would pick them up knowing that they'd have to use a sub at the 3 most important tournaments?

I could imagine them teaming up in Torqued if no org is willing to pick them up.

I'm sure that there are a few orgs out there that would. Steel, dazed and swag all have pretty strong brands.

tootsi666

There is a huge difference between matchfixing and losing a match intentionally/because you didn't give a fuck/because of possible bracket advantage. Valve couldn't find proof that skadoodle matchfixed.

impact

Banned
Valve needed to set a precedent for this shit and i'm glad they didnt hold back on these idiots

Yea because being banned for a year is nothing lol

Reddit Silver Squad defending Valve as usual

and more NA is fucking terrible at CS news

The team also attempted to pick up Enemy's star AWPer Kenneth “koosta” Suen. But according to sources close to Suen he declined the offer and has renewed his contract with Enemy for 2016.

LOL WONDER WHY

Other names who have negotiated with the SoloMid organization to be on the new lineup include former Counter Logic Gaming in-game leader Pujan "FNS" Mehta, former Team Liquid rifler Jacob "FugLy" Medina, and former Splyce entry fragger Jake "Stewie2k" Yip. None of these players have signed a contract with the organization yet.

Mehta and Medina could still sign with SoloMid, but Yip, who was one of Splyce's best players, is likely out of the picture. Mehta and Medina apparently don’t want to compete with him, sources close to all three players tell the Daily Dot.

LOL TSM WHAT ARE YOU DOING

There is a huge difference between matchfixing and losing a match intentionally/because you didn't give a fuck/because of possible bracket advantage. Valve couldn't find proof that skadoodle matchfixed.

btw you are wrong

In organized sports, match fixing occurs as a match is played to a completely or partially pre-determined result, violating the rules of the game and often the law

Skadoodle was in on the fix but for some reason wasn't banned. Same shit happened with a Dota 2 player. This company is run by clowns. You can't let people off for doing the SAME EXACT THING that got others permabanned. It's like GAF moderation tier corruption.

Mokoi

Banned
Steel to never be camera man again. I cri and get to see players jerkin it on another site while all the action elsewhere every major

Haribi

Why isn't there a Star Wars RPG? And wouldn't James Bond make for a pretty good FPS?
I definitely don't see multiple banned players joining the same team because I can't imagine a team using 2 or maybe even 3 subs at the majors but I could actually imagine each NA team picking up one banned player and just use one sub at the majors.
Swag is already under contract with c9 and Dazed would be the perfect pick up for Liquid.
I don't know, what do you think?

At the very least I think we'll definitely see Torqued with Steel, m0e, Swag, Dazed and AZK (or tck if azk isn't coming back to CS) if no one picks them up. And let's be honest, that team would instantly be a top 3 team in NA. And even without the majors, with ESEA, Cevo, Faceit, potentially ELeague and their streams they'd definitely be making solid money.

impact

Banned
sucks for the players about no majors, but hopefully the other leagues don't follow Valve.

they won't, literally everyone in the game wants them unbanned because everyone in high level CS knows how many times every team has thrown matches

it's really just the completely clueless CS players that want them banned, and Valve has shown time after time that they only care about the dogshit casual players. cuz skins or something

baby

We strongly encourage all organizations, regardless of their affiliation with Valve, to mirror and enforce these bans so that a clear message is sent -- there is no place for match fixing in professional gaming.

-esea on the day of the ibp bans

but who knows, with lpkane gone, they might not stick to it

tootsi666

btw you are wrong

Skadoodle was in on the fix but for some reason wasn't banned. Same shit happened with a Dota 2 player. This company is run by clowns. You can't let people off for doing the SAME EXACT THING that got others permabanned. It's like GAF moderation tier corruption.
Regardless, no skins, no proof. We only know that skadoodle played bad

impact

Banned
Valve should know more than anyone that everyone deserves a second chance.

Regardless, no skins, no proof. We only know that skadoodle played bad

Are you intentionally not reading what I'm writing? Skadoodle threw the match. He fixed the match. He just wasn't compensated for doing so. Valve should have said "we do not approve of winning skins off fixed matches" and maybe then they wouldn't look so fucking hypocritical. Virtus also stole skins from a bunch of people. Why aren't they banned?

Oh yea biceps xD big muscles big stream xDDDDDD

(and you guys know you're fucking wrong because Speedy just agreed with you)

RobNBanks

Banned
Hahahaha. Get fucked.

I hope the other Leagues follow Valve's examples. I don't care how good the players are. You fuck up, you pay the price.

The whole point of a punishment is to get someone to rehabilitate.

There's usually steps to this stuff in sports. Get caught using PEDs? X amount of games banned. Caught again? That time is lengthened. Caught again? Then it's a permanent since you clearly have no intention of changing your ways.

Step away from your online persona sometimes.

baby

Are you intentionally not reading what I'm writing? Skadoodle threw the match. He fixed the match. He just wasn't compensated for doing so. Valve should have said "we do not approve of winning skins off fixed matches" and maybe then they wouldn't look so fucking hypocritical. Virtus also stole skins from a bunch of people. Why aren't they banned?

you faked me out with the virtus mention i thought i missed some wild leader1 drama

impact

Banned
you faked me out with the virtus mention i thought i missed some wild leader1 drama

?

http://www.hltv.org/news/12476-csgolounge-on-betting-scandal

Pretty sure they stole skins just like AZK/DaZeD/swag/steel. The ban wasn't for throwing a match because surely Skadoodle should have been banned if that was the case. So skin stealing = perma ban... again why are Virtus.Throw not banned? I'm done though, Silverbluedude being on the opposite side of the argument means I'm on the right side. Where people have brains and don't use controllers to play CS.

baby

?

http://www.hltv.org/news/12476-csgolounge-on-betting-scandal

Pretty sure they stole skins just like AZK/DaZeD/swag/steel. The ban wasn't for throwing a match because surely Skadoodle should have been banned if that was the case. So skin stealing = perma ban... again why are Virtus.Throw not banned? I'm done though, Silverbluedude being on the opposite side of the argument means I'm on the right side. Where people have brains and don't use controllers to play CS.

https://play.esea.net/users/virtus

i always think of the team as vp so it was confusing

RobNBanks

Banned

i'll never understand why they don't even get shit from community members let alone Valve.

they knew they lost and took advantage to profit off that loss. That's just as scummy as matchfixing. The only difference is one was pre-meditated and the other quickly done. The intention was the same, to make a shitload of money from a match you lost while being favored to win.

but like you said, biceps and my friend

tootsi666

Are you intentionally not reading what I'm writing? Skadoodle threw the match. He fixed the match. He just wasn't compensated for doing so. Valve should have said "we do not approve of winning skins off fixed matches" and maybe then they wouldn't look so fucking hypocritical.
Where is the concrete proof that he fixed that match? There is no proof that he did the exact same thing as the 4 other players because he didn't get any skins. Valve isn't gonna ban skadoodle because he played bad at that game or because steel says he participated in the throw.

baby

Where is the concrete proof that he fixed that match? There is no proof that he did the exact same thing as the 4 other players because he didn't get any skins. Valve isn't gonna ban skadoodle because he played bad at that game or because steel says he participated in the throw.

did u watch that video? i mean its pretty clear hes not just playing bad. bans by demo review are not something new.

and by what logic does this happen without skadoodle knowing and participating?

Valkrai

This is proof Skadoodle threw a match

Yea he didn't accept skins, but he intentionally lost a professional match. But it's Valve so you can throw matches as a Dota 2 player and still be fine. What a dumpster of a company.

Yeah I know but Valve didn't punish him because he didn't accept any skins from it, which is also dumb especially if he was participating in the throw.

I think even Skadoodle said outright that he was a part of the throw. It's just that Valve didn't ban him because no skins were in his account for the throw.

tootsi666

did u watch that video? i mean its pretty clear hes not just playing bad. bans by demo review are not something new.
I did watch that video but I don't think that's enough to ban a player.
It doesn't happen without skadoodle knowing and he was most likely part of the throw but I don't see Valve wanting more concrete proof being a mistake.
Can I ask what Skadoodle is suppose to do, if he doesn't want to throw?
Ask that they use a stand-in?

Can I ask what Skadoodle is suppose to do, if he doesn't want to throw?

Do you expect him to hard carry a 5v1, and potentially be kicked off his team or ostracized by his team because he's not morally wrong?

His team wants to throw and he can't do anything about it.

I mean, I'm sure he wanted to throw as well, and I'm sure he would have recieved skins if they were available, but we don't know anything as a certainty. He got lucky and he got off free. That's done and we can't do anything about that, so why bother?

Virtus Pro didn't intentionally lose on purpose, they took advantage of CSGO Lounge putting up a game that wasn't live. Nothing worth banning there.

This is Valve's game. Valve doesn't give a fuck about the community and that's whatever. We can't do anything about iBuyPower bans. So why bother? They fucked up, yeah they know they fucked up and they've repented for it, but it's not up to us as a community to decide their fate. That's up to Valve, and Valve has said before they're done a year ago. They've just clarified again that they're done. The players KNEW they were done. Steel said he knows they're done. Aizzy or whatever already moved on to be a pro in a new game.

I don't get why the community continues to bring it up like anything will change. Being mad at Valve while spending hundreds of dollars on useless and pointless skins and cosmetics and putting so much value into the game and pro scene seems so dumb. Just enjoy the game and the scene, and if something like this happens and it ruins your enjoyment of watching high quality CS, just stop playing. Valve won't get the message any other way, and even if Valve gets the message, they probably won't give a damn.

RobNBanks

Banned

basically.

if best awper NA actually decided to use an awp he would have destroyed NCG on his own.

He could probably still 1v5 CLG, back then they were even worse.

baby

I did watch that video but I don't think that's enough to ban a player.

It doesn't happen without skadoodle knowing and he was most likely part of the throw but I don't see Valve wanting more concrete proof being a mistake.

i mean theres also a near zero chance that cud was actually the secret santa for all of the ibp players and happened to bet against them and make bank, and used his profits to do something nice for them- but theres a chance nonetheless. cant prove it isnt true.

valve majorly fucked up by banning all these people without totally solid proof.

has anybody got deranked several times recently? WTH is going on?

ranking was adjusted a couple weeks ago

Ask that they use a stand-in?
And you think the Team would be okay bringing in another person into a plan they tried to keep so secretive? They'd either have to bring in the stand-in in on the idea, which would have been a high liability for them, or just throw and hope he doesn't get a suspicion when they play like Silvers.

I don't even get why they threw the way they did... Could have had the same results with a close game they "narrowly" lose by making small mistakes. But nope.

baby

And you think the Team would be okay bringing in another person into a plan they tried to keep so secretive? They'd either have to bring in the stand-in in on the idea, which would have been a high liability for them, or just throw and hope he doesn't get a suspicion when they play like Silvers.

I don't even get why they threw the way they did... Could have had the same results with a close game they "narrowly" lose by making small mistakes. But nope.

you act like at the time they really felt like they were doing something that was a huge deal. they thought at worst they would be banned from cevo for a year because the match didnt really matter to anyone.

tootsi666

i mean theres also a near zero chance that cud was actually the secret santa for all of the ibp players and happened to bet against them and make bank, and used his profits to do something nice for them- but theres a chance nonetheless. cant prove it isnt true.

valve majorly fucked up by banning all these people without totally solid proof.
Reasonable doubt exists. Agree to disagree then

AZK better hope Reflex somehow blows up

impact

Banned
it seems to be clear to literally everyone but you that the doubt is unreasonable.

People love this company so much they will try to justify everything and never admit when they fucked up. Valve fans are like Nintendo fans, but with actual standards for their gaming hardware.

Hixx

The whole point of a punishment is to get someone to rehabilitate.

There's usually steps to this stuff in sports. Get caught using PEDs? X amount of games banned. Caught again? That time is lengthened. Caught again? Then it's a permanent since you clearly have no intention of changing your ways.

Step away from your online persona sometimes.

Just to be clear: you think iBP were harshly treated in comparison to other sports (football, cricket, rugby etc)?

Top Bottom