• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Counter-Strike: Global Offensive |OT3| Halo and Goodbye

MayMay

Banned
I know I invited you once, but I quit the game again before you joined because there werent enough ppl around anyways lol

cHinzo on the other hand... :^)

impact

Banned
the new "omg look at my kool irl painted gut knife"

zrZaRwU.png

RobNBanks

Banned
the real news is the Fire Serpent nerf.

if you have reddit enhancement suite, use filters.

i have VAC, irl, gloves, glove, insane and na fpl blocked. the subreddit is kind of dead now, but its a better browsing experience

baby

the real news is the Fire Serpent nerf.

if you have reddit enhancement suite, use filters.

i have VAC, irl, gloves, glove, insane and na fpl blocked. the subreddit is kind of dead now, but its a better browsing experience

"unplayable" also removes shitty posts about minor graphical bugs

MayMay

Banned
Lol, wow. I keep seeing this stuff.

If only a certain someone wouldnt have fucking cheated on my alt account - the rank adjustment would've been my chance to experience the silvers.

baby

Lol, wow. I keep seeing this stuff.

If only a certain someone wouldnt have fucking cheated on my alt account - the rank adjustment would've been my chance to experience the silvers.

i got mg1 on the account unknown (may he rest in peace) gave me

Haribi

Why isn't there a Star Wars RPG? And wouldn't James Bond make for a pretty good FPS?
What's up with these pros and their love for announcing an announcement even for the most insignificant things? Like jesus, just fucking announce it already and stop acting like your LeBron or some shit.

"We signed our contracts already, everything is set but for whatever reason we won't tell you yet. Tune in on Tuesday on Reddit to find out"

No, Fuck you

udiie

Lol yeah I feel the same way. It's not like this announcement is going to change my life or some shit just tell us who signed you

baby

i don't think it's so much the pros as the orgs. i dont remember many secrets about roster changes until players started getting paid. and obviously the players would rather respect the orgs wishes than disrespect them right before/after signing.

Haribi

Why isn't there a Star Wars RPG? And wouldn't James Bond make for a pretty good FPS?
If you crave for some pro CS you should watch the final of the brazilian MAX5 tournament going on right now. Granted it's pretty onesided and LG is just wiping the floor with everyone but the atmosphere is great, commentary is great (even if you don't understand anything), production value is pretty good and watching LG play is always fun.

http://www.azubu.tv/x5tv

MayMay

Banned
This thread is so dead I keep having to scroll through my subscriptions to find it

At least now with this bump it'll take a while before it drops again!

frbrr

Once the pro season starts all the betting people will be back to rage posting

A new operation couldn't hurt either, feels like it has been ages.

RobNBanks

Banned
Once the pro season starts all the betting people will be back to rage posting

A new operation couldn't hurt either, feels like it has been ages.

no one even bets anymore besides Darkstar

Xizk bets but he never posts about it. just tells me ez skins on steam

This game is hard as fuck.

I rarely, if ever, go positive. And even just this first rank up is taking forever. 7 hours in and I'm still level 1? Am I just really bad or what?

Any tips for a scrublord beginner?

RobNBanks

Banned
keep playing.

you can be one of those losers that works on your aim 5 hours a day and has great aim but negative game sense or you can just play and naturally get better over time, and hopefully develop some game sense.

soultron

Banned
This game is hard as fuck.

I rarely, if ever, go positive. And even just this first rank up is taking forever. 7 hours in and I'm still level 1? Am I just really bad or what?

Any tips for a scrublord beginner?

My biggest tip for a beginning player is (especially if you're aiming to play Competitive later on is to) learn the maps by putting in some hours. Play Mirage. Play Dust2. Play Inferno.

Once you've learned the layouts and nothing feels new/surprising, you can start to figure out where guys might be hiding and what basic strats to run. Learn the callouts for spots if you can too. This will help you provide information to your team even after you're dead.

Another beginner tip is to practise proper crosshair placement. You shouldn't be aiming at the ground when moving. Look up some stuff on YouTube about this and you'll get some advice from pro players.

Later on you'll learn how/when/why to buy XYZ in any given situation in a Competitive match, grenade strats, proper strafing, fakes, and so on.

Map knowledge is such a big thing in CS, IMO, so focus on that first.

frbrr

yeah i supopse that's true, but people still talk a lot about the tournaments when top teams are playing.

13 straight wins in smfc and still no global, this is starting to piss me off

baby

i still bet, i only took a break for about 2 months, then all the paypal dollars dried up and i still couldnt find a job in merced so im getting back into it lol

keep playing.

you can be one of those losers that works on your aim 5 hours a day and has great aim but negative game sense or you can just play and naturally get better over time, and hopefully develop some game sense.

My biggest tip for a beginning player is (especially if you're aiming to play Competitive later on is to) learn the maps by putting in some hours. Play Mirage. Play Dust2. Play Inferno.

Once you've learned the layouts and nothing feels new/surprising, you can start to figure out where guys might be hiding and what basic strats to run. Learn the callouts for spots if you can too. This will help you provide information to your team even after you're dead.

Another beginner tip is to practise proper crosshair placement. You shouldn't be aiming at the ground when moving. Look up some stuff on YouTube about this and you'll get some advice from pro players.

Later on you'll learn how/when/why to buy XYZ in any given situation in a Competitive match, grenade strats, proper strafing, fakes, and so on.

Map knowledge is such a big thing in CS, IMO, so focus on that first.

Yeah I figured a lot of it is just practice. I've played console FPS games for years and years, but this is my first PC FPS and it's got a steep learning curve.

Do you guys have a suggestion on a cheap headset? I don't have one for my computer at all and really wouldn't be able to afford more than $20 or so, if that.

Haribi

Yeah I figured a lot of it is just practice. I've played console FPS games for years and years, but this is my first PC FPS and it's got a steep learning curve.

Do you guys have a suggestion on a cheap headset? I don't have one for my computer at all and really wouldn't be able to afford more than $20 or so, if that.

I don't really know if there's any good headsets in that price category. Maybe one of these
http://www.makeuseof.com/tag/budget-5-gaming-headsets-can-get-25/
If you're from Germany or Europe I would recommend the Superlux hd 681 evo. They're super cheap here (I think 29€) and offer the best quality you can get up until 60-70€. You'd need an external mic though.

What dpi do you play on? Most new players make the mistake of playing with a way too high sensitivity. I would recommend a sens in the 1-4 range at 400 dpi. Or better yet 1.5-3.5. Try to go as low as possible within that range until you don't feel comfortable lowering it anymore. But you really shouldn't go higher than 4.

And as soultron already said, crosshair placement and map knowledge is the most important thing in CS. You always have to know where the enemies can come from and keep the crosshair at head level so that you are always prepared for when an enemy comes around a corner and can kill him while moving the crosshair as little as possible. Aiming in CS is less about crazy flicks than about good crosshair placement.
I would recommend watching videos from adren, n0thing or Steel on that matter.

Learn how to use the grenades, how to control recoil, how to move etc. but these will come with time. And don't be discouraged when you getting shit on at first. Everybody sucks when they start playing CS.

Top Bottom