• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Counter-Strike: Global Offensive |OT3| Halo and Goodbye

Mokoi

Banned
Yeah I figured a lot of it is just practice. I've played console FPS games for years and years, but this is my first PC FPS and it's got a steep learning curve.

Do you guys have a suggestion on a cheap headset? I don't have one for my computer at all and really wouldn't be able to afford more than $20 or so, if that.
Idk about any decent headsets for that price range. You're really pulling bottom of the barrel, but if you just need a mic this one is great for the price.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00029MTMQ/?tag=neogaf0e-20

Also don't be scared during clutch situations. Keep it cool and faith in yoself. Most of time I'm like nahh I won't go for it, but end killing them all but no time cuz I hesitated.

impact

Banned
keep playing.

you can be one of those losers that works on your aim 5 hours a day and has great aim but negative game sense or you can just play and naturally get better over time, and hopefully develop some game sense.

but if you can't aim and control recoil it doesn't matter how good your gamesense and positioning are

this is why controller user is capped at gold nova skill level

I finally got my rank: Silver Elite. Not sure how the new system calibrated that considering the scores I've been getting in each game, but whatever. I'm not too fussed about what my rank is, my main concern is that I still can't play with my friends. I thought that by getting a rank I'd finally be able to play with people I know, however my rank is too low to be in the same group as them unless we've got a full team.

Hixx

Titan playing quite well against ?

Then again their CT is usually strong. Nice to have some decent CS on Twitch again though, last few days it's been on some weird sites.

udiie

Called the Stevie pickup, probably one of the better available players in NA
Don't know how far it will take them though

Valkrai

Called the Stevie pickup, probably one of the better available players in NA
Don't know how far it will take them though

I think so as well. He's a good player but have we ever seen him play in a serious capacity like Cloud9? I know he was in smaller teams but I don't think they ever really hit LAN.

rugioh

Banned
If ryx doesn't join m0e's shitty team, maybe he can go to CLG.

X1HEpE9.png

Haribi

Why isn't there a Star Wars RPG? And wouldn't James Bond make for a pretty good FPS?
He's very talented and they couldn't really get a better player unless they paid big for a contracted player. Maybe they should've though if they want to achieve something in 2016.

Also it's funny how everyone always complains about how the pro scene is this "old mans club" where you can't get in without connections or without having proven yourself at countless lans, but when a young, talented player gets a chance they still complain.

impact

Banned
it just screams "lol shit we thought brax was getting unbanned"

I really doubt Stewie was their first choice... but I dunno who I'd get in their shoes other than pronax. putting shroud back at lurk is a really bad move but I dunno what else they'd do with freak/stew running out trying to entry and n0thing calling.

baby

Well I can say I expected them to pick up Stewie

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=186666707&postcount=8040

Also Maymay, Stewie's a young player (mostly known as one of them pug stars in NA).

dunno where this pugstar thing comes from. ive never seen him in the top 4 monthly rws on esea. he's definitely better known for being a premier and low level invite up and comer than his pugging

pug stars of na would be like, sav, sick, hemi-, cj, yay or some people like that who usually have 20+ rws a month

isn't ryx on coL?

its a trial, hes set to trial with mOE if they dont keep him. hes shit tho imo so who cares

but if you can't aim and control recoil it doesn't matter how good your gamesense and positioning are

this is why controller user is capped at gold nova skill level
Wut. I can aim. And I can control recoil on anything that isn't the M4A4. :<

No for reals though. Anyone have any ideas of why I can control the AK-47 but I can't control the M4A4 at all? Is it just placebo because I'm used to the easier M4A1-S?

Edit: yo wtf I have GREAT game sense. In fact my Game-Sense is the only thing I think I'm above average at. I'm really good at predicting where enemies will be, and I really nail timing now on maps.

Valkrai

Wut. I can aim. And I can control recoil on anything that isn't the M4A4. :<

No for reals though. Anyone have any ideas of why I can control the AK-47 but I can't control the M4A4 at all? Is it just placebo because I'm used to the easier M4A1-S?

Edit: yo wtf I have GREAT game sense. In fact my Game-Sense is the only thing I think I'm above average at. I'm really good at predicting where enemies will be, and I really nail timing now on maps.

Still doesn't matter if you forcebuy every round.

dunno where this pugstar thing comes from. ive never seen him in the top 4 monthly rws on esea. he's definitely better known for being a premier and low level invite up and comer than his pugging

pug stars of na would be like, sav, sick, hemi-, cj, yay, sneakypete or some people like that who usually have 20+ rws a month

its a trial, hes set to trial with mOE if they dont keep him. hes shit tho imo so who cares

You left one out

MayMay

Banned
I can feel my derank to LE incoming..

cHinzo and I have a ton of bad luck whenever we queue up, always get really upset random russians. So hard to get a full EU lobby going lately. :c

Thank god I won that Inferno game with US Gaf.. lol

datsunzep

Went from MG to GN1 with the last ranking update. Fun! I usually do well, but the teams don't seem to work together well. If anyone is down for a game, please add! datsunzep

Starfield

Opened 5 cases today because why not, kinda had this feeling...like..."I bet the first case is going to be a knife lol"

guess what happened...

dd451d40c0.jpg

FT tho :c

Top Bottom