• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Counter-Strike: Global Offensive |OT3| Halo and Goodbye

RobNBanks

Banned
EAaXOPe.png

would be great if this feature actually worked

haveheart

Banned
So I just took a 3 month break from CS.

Just had my first MM and I thought I played pretty well despite this long abstinence.

Now I'm ranked as Gold Nova 4. Wtf, I've put so many hours in this game to get to LEM and now I got re-ranked as Nova? I've heard that they redid the ranking system but wtf is this?

rugioh

Banned
so they picked up a winterBOT instead?

Rule 1 of csgogaf:

Do not reply to SBD's NiP shitposting

Just had my first MM and I thought I played pretty well despite this long abstinence.

Now I'm ranked as Gold Nova 4. Wtf, I've put so many hours in this game to get to LEM and now I got re-ranked as Nova? I've heard that they redid the ranking system but wtf is this?

Damn and I thought they did me dirty lmfao. Get comfortable, you might be in the trenches awhile

frbrr

mm is so annoying now.

The few globals that are left are all afraid to play, so you have to beat up shitters over and over again to even get close to ranking up. In 20 played games with 19 wins i've only seen like 10 globals

Mutagenic

Permanent Junior Member

Same thing happened to me. Now I'm always on a team with de-rankers. Looks like I won't be moving up any time soon.

Mokoi

Banned
I have given up on cs becuase I have given up on booze. However, I will be making quality csgo content pls send me demo links and if I feel like it I will make sick frag movies in order to improve adobe's skilz.

I business hours are Friday - Sunday anytime.

haveheart

Banned
I think I really wanna jump back in, so if someone wants to MM (EU) just invite me (have_heart) if I'm online :)

I guess teaming up won't be as annyoing as solo q'ing back to higher ranks...

I just saw a warowl video where he tries to explain this whole new ranking stuff. I understand that there might have been too many players in the higher ranks but this kind of feels like it was all for nothing. Like I played my first few ranking matches and now I'm back at the beginning....

rugioh

Banned
mm is so annoying now.

The few globals that are left are all afraid to play, so you have to beat up shitters over and over again to even get close to ranking up. In 20 played games with 19 wins i've only seen like 10 globals

It's wierd, since I dropped down to MGE I've only lost 2 or three games but I keep getting matched against MG1s and MG2s. It's whatever though, if most of the pros are at LE/LEM range (even if it is due to inactivity) I like the new hierarchy more than the old one where everyone was DMG+ for free.

MayMay

Banned
Got a weird gut feeling that the new OP is gonna drop tonight..

Just seems like the perfect moment. I'm pretty sure we'll get one in January, and the last three operations got released on a tuesday (maybe even more, I just couldnt be bothered to check the others).. so it's either now or next tuesday.

Obviously, since it's Valve we're talking about, we probably wont get one until March or some shit but one man can dream. I just want to see Newke.

Got a weird gut feeling that the new OP is gonna drop tonight..

Just seems like the perfect moment. I'm pretty sure we'll get one in January, and the last three operations got released on a tuesday (maybe even more, I just couldnt be bothered to check the others).. so it's either now or next tuesday.

Obviously, since it's Valve we're talking about, we probably wont get one until March or some shit but one man can dream. I just want to see Newke.

I think the operation will come out before Newke does.

MayMay

Banned
That would be a massive disappointment. But you're right.. New Train also came out a bit after OP Vanguard.

Anyways, anyone up for a Gaf game? There's probably not enough people though..

frbrr

It's wierd, since I dropped down to MGE I've only lost 2 or three games but I keep getting matched against MG1s and MG2s. It's whatever though, if most of the pros are at LE/LEM range (even if it is due to inactivity) I like the new hierarchy more than the old one where everyone was DMG+ for free.

Yeah I think this is way better than it was before, but i'm not sure if it's the same as the pre-vac system.

Anyways, anyone up for a Gaf game? There's probably not enough people though..

yes

impact

Banned

I went from MG2 to LE in this span

if you win and get MVPs, rankups are still easy to get

Frostburn

Anyone else seeing an increased number of blatant hackers? I was warming up in Casual and in 5 games I saw at least 3 if not 4 people hacking without even trying remotely to hide it.

Top Bottom