• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Counter-Strike: Global Offensive |OT3| Halo and Goodbye

MayMay

Banned
fortune-teller.jpg

Next week.

MayMay

Banned
Ah screw it. My uncle works at Counter Strike and has been able to take this fairly ambiguous, compressed, off-screen picture (at a slight angle) of the new operation

finally, female Ts and CTs. dont share its secret. had a last minute delay though, so next week.

When did kennyS suddenly explode in popularity again?

Few months back GeT_RiGhT had the most followers on Twitter, and the most watched Player Profile on the Valve YouTube channel.

Now:

GTR - 170k Followers
KennyS - 180k Followers

GTR Player Profile: 347,000 viewers
KennyS Player Profile: 1,978,000 viewers

What made kennyS explode in popularity? Winning e-sports player on the year at The Game Awards?

MayMay

Banned
He exploded in popularity when he left Titan. Maybe that'd happen to GTR too, if he left the Tier 2 team he's currently on.

baby

Ah screw it. My uncle works at Counter Strike and has been able to take this fairly ambiguous, compressed, off-screen picture (at a slight angle) of the new operation

finally, female Ts and CTs. dont share its secret. had a last minute delay though, so next week.

i can already see the 500 reddit threads about boob hitboxes

jambo

Counter-Strike Online 2 sure has some shitty female portrayals.

Valkrai

Well shit. I was gonna buy one of those Zowie BenQ mice but they had to do a recall due to button issues :/

Guess I'll have to settle with the older model.

Meteorain

Having to work my way up from the scrub rankings, I am seriously doubting if this shit is working. I am seeing some really awful players who are higher than me :(

They just ruin the game through being stupid. Not even just poor aiming, I don't care about that. Just being plain dumb as hell.

baby

speaking of my computer issues, im officially left earbud only until paypal transfers that sweet skin money to my bank

baby

theyre at least playing in north american leagues- they went undefeated in open and lost only 1 game in main and are in premier this season.

im pretty sure fallens project-thing brought them to america tho

edit: the whole games academy sponsorship is the result of winning a tournament that gave them the opportunity to compete in north america for as long as they can succeed

impact

Banned
meanwhile, GA moved to america and has to work their way through the system like everyone else.

fuckin weird how winning main didn't get them a spot in pro

pretty sure they lost one match the whole season and it was a FFL due to traveling

baby

i think its because of the new relegation system, pro league has different rules than invite did.

if the wild card spot had been for them i wouldnt even be mad. but renegades being a mediocre team and just having everything handed to them on a silver platter at the expense of the most rapidly improving premier team is fucked

Haribi

Why isn't there a Star Wars RPG? And wouldn't James Bond make for a pretty good FPS?
There should be a qualifier before a season between the bottom 3 teams of Professional, top 2 teams of premier and 3 invited teams to determine the 3 new teams in professional.

Would be the best way to determine which teams truly belong in Professional imo.
Definitely better than just handing out wildcards when there might be more deserving teams.

baby

theres not always 3 teams worth inviting tho. this season it would be rng, ga and who? and last season the only team i can think of worth inviting would be mortality aka denial. i think its stupid for any team to get a leg up on every other team for any reason anyway

the only way i can see skirting the lower divisions as fair is a cevo style qualifier

Haribi

Why isn't there a Star Wars RPG? And wouldn't James Bond make for a pretty good FPS?
theres not always 3 teams worth inviting tho. this season it would be rng, ga and who? and last season the only team i can think of worth inviting would be mortality aka denial. i think its stupid for any team to get a leg up on every other team for any reason anyway

the only way i can see skirting the lower divisions as fair is a cevo style qualifier

TSM, RNG, GA and m0e's new team I would say. I guess this offseason was a bit out of the ordinary with so many teams that did not compete in Premier but are obviously at Professional level.
But If there really is no team worth inviting, the invites could just go to the next best teams in Premier (3-5).

Or maybe it would be better as just a 6 team qualifier with bottom 3 professional, winner of Premier and 2 invited teams. And again, invites go to teams 2-3 of Premier unless a really good team forms in the offseason or a very good team from overseas relocates to NA.

Omikron

RNG would be in the top half of teams in ESL Pro League probably?

Quick listing of teams...

Luminosity
C9
Liquid
Renegades
CLG
Enemy
Optic
complexity
Splyce
ex-Method
Winterfox
Sponsorless (ex SKDC I think?)

baby

RNG would be in the top half of teams in ESL Pro League probably?

Quick listing of teams...

Luminosity
C9
Liquid
Renegades
CLG
Enemy
Optic
complexity
Splyce
ex-Method
Winterfox
Sponsorless (ex SKDC I think?)

i know youre australian and all but theres no way renegades is above optic, enemy or splyce. maybe not even method with gob b and legija.

Top Bottom