• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Counter-Strike: Global Offensive |OT3| Halo and Goodbye

Not gonna question the tactics of pro team as a well astablished noob in this gamr, but don't really understand that play LG made at 15-14. Just rushing in there towards B without any thought. Great play by Flamie, though, to double down and catch em in the back.

RobNBanks

Banned
Not gonna question the tactics of pro team as a well astablished noob in this gamr, but don't really understand that play LG made at 15-14. Just rushing in there towards B without any thought. Great play by Flamie, though, to double down and catch em in the back.

LG normally don't play that fast, they probably thought they could catch NaVi off guard.

It wasn't a bad call, it was just poorly executed. Everyone just tried to rush onto site instead of clearing upper B.

Haribi

Why isn't there a Star Wars RPG? And wouldn't James Bond make for a pretty good FPS?
Luminosity again choking away a round they could've won.

RobNBanks

Banned
both Na'Vi and LG are better than most give them credit for, I think they could be a consistent top3 going into this year

everyone who actually watches CS gives NaVi credit . IMO the clear #2 team. NV has better individual talent but it's just not clicking for them. Astralis has an aversion to winning and VP is average now.

LG could be Top 3, but they need to learn how to play in pressure situations.

But isn't the story with Virtus Pro that they've always been average, but manage to be #1 for short periods of time when the team catches fire?

They've never seem to be consistent like Fnatic/EnVyUs/NiP/etc.

I'm sure VP can win a few tournaments this year.

chugen

jesus..that comeback

Gambit vs. Method

ZPc01WR.jpg

8FxEa.gif

Foxyone

Erm, dunno if this is the right place to ask, but here goes:

Does a VAC ban mean 100% that someone is cheating? One of my friends said his last account was VAC banned because he goofed around with stuff in Team Fortress 2, so then he moved onto a smurf account in CS. Now that new account is VAC banned (with the only game he's played being Left 4 Dead 2 two months ago; 300 hours of CSGO vs 2 hours in L4D2 total), and it happened within the last month. I know he seemed to be a fair bit better than me in CSGO, but seeing the new ban now, is it pretty much the case he was cheating in CSGO?

Hixx

Does a VAC ban mean 100% that someone is cheating? One of my friends said his last account was VAC banned because he goofed around with stuff in Team Fortress 2, so then he moved onto a smurf account in CS. Now that new account is VAC banned (with the only game he's played being Left 4 Dead 2 two months ago; 300 hours of CSGO vs 2 hours in L4D2 total), and it happened within the last month. I know he seemed to be a fair bit better than me in CSGO, but seeing the new ban now, is it pretty much the case he was cheating in CSGO?

Yes.

You can get banned for other stuff but that usually falls under "Game ban" iirc, not VAC ban.

frbrr

If it really was a tf2 vac ban, he would still be able to play cs:go on that account.

Foxyone

If it really was a tf2 vac ban, he would still be able to play cs:go on that account.

I suppose. He almost only plays CSGO, and his last account fell into disuse after that ban, and now this new one hasn't been online since the ban 2 weeks ago. I kinda want to call him out on it :/

MayMay

Banned
I guess we are not gonna have a gaf game tonight? Tension still too strong between everyone after last night? looks like there's not even enough people around though, so it's fine.

I suppose. He almost only plays CSGO, and his last account fell into disuse after that ban, and now this new one hasn't been online since the ban 2 weeks ago. I kinda want to call him out on it :/

I'd call him out on it if you play with him alot, in the end it's only gonna be negative for you as well if you happen to queue up with him. Because every win you get with him in the party is canceled out once he inevitably gets VAC banned again.

What's his rank, anyways - if you don't mind to share? Just curious where the cheaters romp about nowadays.

Foxyone

I'd call him out on it if you play with him alot, in the end it's only gonna be negative for you as well if you happen to queue up with him. Because every win you get with him in the party is canceled out once he inevitably gets VAC banned again.

What's his rank, anyways - if you don't mind to share? Just curious where the cheaters romp about nowadays

He was around LEM, and I was a bit below at DMG (but he apparently has been playing CS for over a decade; a decade more than me).

He says that something he did do was sit in a boosting server to get kills for his stat track weapons. Guess that could have done it? Says it was the first time though. Dunno if that happened before or after he went on TKing rampage in a competitive game against jerk teammates and started helping out the other team. Dunno if that matters.

MayMay

Banned
He was around LEM, and I was a bit below at DMG (but he apparently has been playing CS for over a decade; a decade more than me).

He says that something he did do was sit in a boosting server to get kills for his stat track weapons. Guess that could have done it? Says it was the first time though.

Nah, you only get a VAC ban if you use real external cheats that inject something in the game etc. Won't get a ban like that from being on an idle server farming kills.

Also, he's only LEM after a decade of playing CS and all that while using cheats? Sounds like he's really terrible.. or just a liar.

Edit: The TKing.. well you can get an Overwatch ban for griefing. But that is displayed as a Game ban on the profile, not a Vac ban.

He says that something he did do was sit in a boosting server to get kills for his stat track weapons. Guess that could have done it? Says it was the first time though. Dunno if that happened before or after he went on TKing rampage in a competitive game against jerk teammates and started helping out the other team. Dunno if that matters.

If he got VAC banned then he cheated, simple as that.

Foxyone

Nah, you only get a VAC ban if you use real external cheats that inject something in the game etc. Won't get a ban like that from being on an idle server farming kills.

Also, he's only LEM after a decade of playing CS and all that while using cheats? Sounds like he's really terrible.. or just a liar.

Edit: The TKing.. well you can get an Overwatch ban for griefing. But that is displayed as a Game ban on the profile, not a Vac ban.

It sounds similar to this:

http://steamcommunity.com/app/730/discussions/0/558752450284089842/?l=french

Which does say it is bannable. I suppose what I'm really trying to figure out is if he is a hacker, or just boosted.

Mokoi

Banned

He says that something he did do was sit in a boosting server to get kills for his stat track weapons. Guess that could have done it? Says it was the first time though.
lmao dude cheats.

MayMay

Banned
It sounds similar to this:

http://steamcommunity.com/app/730/discussions/0/558752450284089842/?l=french

Which does say it is bannable. I suppose what I'm really trying to figure out is if he is a hacker, or just boosted.

Yeah, if he has a Vac ban and stops playing CSGO on the account he recieved the Vac ban on then he's 100% a hacker. That's the nature of a Vac ban.

The guy in the link is lying, just another one of those people trying to talk themselves out of their ban. The picture he provides is true, but there's still the difference between a game ban that could be issued for all that stuff and a vac ban which is JUST for cheating.

Foxyone

Yeah, if he has a Vac ban and stops playing CSGO on the account he recieved the Vac ban on then he's 100% a hacker. That's the nature of a Vac ban.

The guy in the link is lying, just another one of those people trying to talk themselves out of their ban. The picture he provides is true, but there's still the difference between a game ban that could be issued for all that stuff and a vac ban which is JUST for cheating.

Well it is the only game he plays anyway :/

We're quite friendly tho, so I don't like trying to push the issue, but I kinda really want to know.

MayMay

Banned
Yeah, there's not really any doubt with a Vac ban. There are no "false" ones. I think that only happened once way back when CoD Modern Warfare 2 came out and iirc that was the only time a few Vac bans actually got reverted.

Well it is the only game he plays anyway :/

We're quite friendly tho, so I don't like trying to push the issue, but I kinda really want to know.

We play with someone who cheats sometimes, but at least he is honest about it. If your friend is cheating while playing with you it can have a negative impact on your rank.

Foxyone

From my limited understanding of VAC bans, it basically can find something that shouldn't be there and acts on it, right?

Boosting itself actually won't trigger a VAC ban? He says he managed to get 1000s of stat track kills for his AWP by just leaving his game there (31000 out of 36000 kills are with AWP). Maybe he just used a script or something for that one purpose to manage things while he wasn't actually playing? I dunno. He didn't seem amazingly better than me when we've played, and I only had a basic mouse versus his fancy expensive gaming one. He didn't seem too unreal during normal play. Maybe he just used stuff that didn't give a competitive edge?

Top Bottom