• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Counter-Strike: Global Offensive |OT3| Halo and Goodbye

RobNBanks

Banned
http://csgodigest.com/supporting-eleague-is-more-important-than-you-think/

As the preparations near their ending, we’ve come to find that this attempt of a televised league with the biggest and best players in the world is more of a fantasy than reality. Apparently some of the bigger organizations decided to “milk” Turner as much as they could for incentives/payouts and even then their greed wasn’t satisfied.
It seems that ELeague will have teams competing in it who initially weren’t intended to be part of the league, but due to bigger and more known organizations not committing to the league, Turner had no choice.

I'll enjoy my one year of CSGO on TV I guess because putting new TSM, NRG, OpTic, etc. on a worldwide level is just going to end in failure.

Hardcore CS fans don't even want to watch this trash unless they're betting, why would newcomers want to watch that? That's like watching the Philadelphia 76ers vs LA Lakers.

tootsi666

I don't watch TV and I'm not so insecure that I need eSports to be considered legitimate by the majority. I also prefer tournaments to leagues. Nothing I have seen/heard about EL makes me want to watch it even if all top teams participated.

baby

I'll enjoy my one year of CSGO on TV I guess because putting new TSM, NRG, OpTic, etc. on a worldwide level is just going to end in failure.

Hardcore CS fans don't even want to watch this trash unless they're betting, why would newcomers want to watch that? That's like watching the Philadelphia 76ers vs LA Lakers.

i mean... id want to watch it

but then again i do watch every lakers game i can

Valkrai

I wonder what those greedy orgs would be

Probably Na'Vi, Fnatic, Cloud9, or EnVy. I'd believe that they would be the big orgs milking.

baby

I wonder what those greedy orgs would be

Probably Na'Vi, Fnatic, Cloud9, or EnVy. I'd believe that they would be the big orgs milking.

in the article, it says navi was mentioned accidentally, and the author of the article thinks the union formed last year is involved

Valkrai

in the article, it says navi was mentioned accidentally, and the author of the article thinks the union formed last year is involved

Ok, that doesn't surprise me one bit. I completely forgot about that team union, it seems like they're already going to ruin things.

The Players Union needs to happen immediately.

tootsi666

MLG Major talent lineup
Stage Host

Paul “Redeye” Chaloner

Interviews

Chris Puckett

Desk Host

Scott “SirScoots” Smith

Analysts

Duncan “Thorin” Shields
Richard Lewis
Jason “Moses” O’Toole
Robin “Fifflaren” Johansson
Casting Team 1

Anders Blume
Auguste “Semmler” Massonnat
Casting Team 2

Matthew “Sadokist” Trivett
Henry “HenryG” Greer
Casting Team 3

Daniel “DDK” Kapadia
James “JZFB” Bardolph

YNk is the only one missing IMO

MayMay

Banned
Oh look, RL and Thorin.... So another event where I'll just turn the stream off when the matches are over. Don't need to listen to these 2 clowns.

Haribi

Why isn't there a Star Wars RPG? And wouldn't James Bond make for a pretty good FPS?
RL and especially Thorin are the two best analysts you can have on a desk. Both in terms of knowledge (RL less so) and especially entertainment value.

But sad to see that Megaman still isn't getting invited into the big tournaments. Certainly better than someone like HenryG who just talks way too much and way too fast. But of course there's only so many casters that can be hired.

Clydefrog

1291548_o.gif

Omikron

Oh look, RL and Thorin.... So another event where I'll just turn the stream off when the matches are over. Don't need to listen to these 2 clowns.

How long until Thoorin and Richard Lewis burn the bridge with Activision/MLG.

For fucks sakes having them at majors is embarrassing.

Yup

RL and especially Thorin are the two best analysts you can have on a desk. Both in terms of knowledge (RL less so) and especially entertainment value.

If your version of entertainment is childish put downs masked as banter. Sure.

Not sure what insightful analysis Lewis has every provided. Stick with ex-pros for that. Maniac was great (coaching now) and I really enjoy Janko.

This topic comes up every major event though. Ugh.

Just read through this thread http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1175081

Really guys? lol

Unbelievable.
I think I shared these thoughts before when I got unbanned a few months back, but it really surprises me how GAF, self proclaimed nexus of Hardcore gamers doesn't really give a shit about E-sports or competitive gaming.

Really weird. Most people's idea of competitive here is the Fighting Game Community. Yet games like CSGO, DOTA 2, and LoL (all three the biggest and highest watched competitive games) get less attention than EVO where Melee and Smash are lucky to get passed 200,000 viewers.

Weird how only a very small miniority on GAF actually care about "eSports"

Valkrai

Well it seems like it'll only be 2 more areas that they can work together at until all bridges are burnt.

I can only tolerate Thorin in his youtube content, him and Lewis' "top bantz" is insufferable.

udiie

I think I shared these thoughts before when I got unbanned a few months back, but it really surprises me how GAF, self proclaimed nexus of Hardcore gamers doesn't really give a shit about E-sports or competitive gaming.

Really weird. Most people's idea of competitive here is the Fighting Game Community. Yet games like CSGO, DOTA 2, and LoL (all three the biggest and highest watched competitive games) get less attention than EVO where Melee and Smash are lucky to get passed 200,000 viewers.

Damn speedy... I completely agree. Always seems like there's a huge vocal minority on here that just shits all over competitive gaming yet the moment you call splatoon or rocket league non-competitive, people start shitting themselves and act like you're off base.

Haribi

Why isn't there a Star Wars RPG? And wouldn't James Bond make for a pretty good FPS?
RL and Thorin suck
Megaman and vansilli are my dream team for a major but they'll never get that kind of recognition

Yep, Megaman and Vansilli are really good. I really liked Metuz as this weekend.

I don't know how you guys feel but I really don't like HenryG. It's ok when he does the color caster part and talks as little as possible but I hate it when he is the play by play caster because he just talks and talks and doesn't stop and talks way too fast and just overall casts as if he was a radio caster in the sense that he explains every single detail that happens on screen as if we couldn't see it for ourselves. God I hate that.

I also don't understand why Blu seems to be so popular among the Reddit crowd over guys like Megaman, Vansilli and co.

udiie

HenryG is annoying too tbh
Doesn't have the pacing for desk talk style analysis

At least he's not a massive shitlord though

baby

if youre talking about me, i was only shittalking dota because overdoziz told me it would make hylian7 mad

tootsi666

HenryG is amazing as a color caster and he can do pbp just fine.

I also like thorin and think anders is the best pbp caster so maybe I just like bad casters

Edit. Also a rare good post by speedy

RobNBanks

Banned
Somewhere on Neogaf there is probably somebody who thinks Mario Party is a competitive game.

you clearly didn't look at the thread mayhem linked.

Any game that has people competing is a competitive game.
so everything because people even compete in the arcade Donkey Kong

Top Bottom