• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Counter-Strike: Global Offensive |OT3| Halo and Goodbye

tootsi666

Eh after the whole mouse hacks on LAN controversy/bans; I'll never trust CSGO pro players. We're talking thousands of dollars here; why wouldn't pro players invest in expensive and hard to detect hacks in the same way many athletes manage to dope undetected?
Cheat on online matches? Sure, why not. Private cheats are really hard to detect

Cheat on big LANs where equipment is checked? Yeah, not buying that

RobNBanks

Banned
Eh after the whole mouse hacks on LAN controversy/bans; I'll never trust CSGO pro players. We're talking thousands of dollars here; why wouldn't pro players invest in expensive and hard to detect hacks in the same way many athletes manage to dope undetected?

expected from a doto player

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
Cheat on online matches? Sure, why not. Private cheats are really hard to detect

Eh, I'm sure a few have found ways; Emilio and KQLY probably hacked on LAN before their hack code was leaked to Valve/VAC and there was a ban wave. People defended these two players to the death and all of their suspicious shots as "game sense," "prefire" (sound familiar lol?) before they actually got banned. Not to mention that whole controversy about a year or so ago about pro's using hacks on their mice or using the steam workshop (connected to their steam profile) to enable hacks. Valve will probably never force pro players to use new steam accounts simply because of skins.

Regardless, as much as I love CS, LAN/online hacks or what not the whole scene is pretty much tainted for me. So many documented "ex"-cheaters from 1.6, source, etc... that are now on famous and dominant CSGO teams, these guys will use whatever they can to get ahead and get thousands. It's no different from regular sports.

cHinzo

I wonder how they cheat if they manage to do it. Equipment gets thoroughly checked and the players dont have internet access.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
I wonder how they cheat if they manage to do it. Equipment gets thoroughly checked and the players dont have internet access.

The biggest source (in the past) has been through the steam workshop since most tournaments allow players to use their own personal profiles (show off them skinzzz). Although who knows, maybe my mistrust is completely unjustified and none of these top players are hacking, but, just like maphacks in dota1; it's just a cloud that covers the scene for me personally. Too many suspicious looking aimlock plays, especially coming from fnatic, but who knows, maybe they are just legit gods of CS.

Flusha, Krimz, and f0rest are the three I routinely see with these fishy as shit aimlock plays, aside from the recent controversy (that was deleted off reddit multiple times lol?) surrounding flusha and k0nfig specifically.

Haribi

Why isn't there a Star Wars RPG? And wouldn't James Bond make for a pretty good FPS?
I don't know if Flusha still cheats but I'm almost 100% certain that in some of the clips back then he definitely did cheat. Of the top of my head that clip on Inferno for example.

Space Soldiers as a team are sometimes super fishy when I watch them, especially Xantares. And I say this as a Turk.

cHinzo

The biggest source (in the past) has been through the steam workshop since most tournaments allow players to use their own personal profiles (show off them skinzzz). Although who knows, maybe my mistrust is completely unjustified and none of these top players are hacking, but, just like maphacks in dota1; it's just a cloud that covers the scene for me personally. Too many suspicious looking aimlock plays, especially coming from fnatic, but who knows, maybe they are just legit gods of CS.

Flusha, Krimz, and f0rest are the three I routinely see with these fishy as shit aimlock plays, aside from the recent controversy (that was deleted off reddit multiple times lol?) surrounding flusha and k0nfig specifically.

The thing is, u needed internet to get those cheats from the workshop. Lots of players have stated they had no connection with the internet during the big majors, tournaments where Flusha is at his best. I still think some of those footages look really fishy though, but gotta wait for VAC bans to drop. Until then we can only speculate. :d

I also think the Inferno clip of Flusha was one of his more legit plays lol.

tootsi666

Steam workshop is blocked in big tournaments so cheats don't come from there. Their equipment gets checked and they don't have direct access to computers. I can't see how pros can cheat anymore.

Players like XANTARES cheating is different subject altogether

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
I don't know if Flusha still cheats but I'm almost 100% certain that in some of the clips back then he definitely did cheat. Of the top of my head that clip on Inferno for example.

Flusha's plays are just so rage inducing. Look at these gifs in conjunction with this video, and tell me this guy isn't hacking. He is 100% hacking. Just look at this garbage (look closely at the guy unintentionally killed in the back rofl); it's so blatant that it's hilarious. How thorough or solid are these "equipment checks"?

I'd like to see Valve just straight up provide players with their listed mouse/monitor at majors, and not allow them to bring their own--checks or no checks. Hell, install some keyloggers on that equipment. There's no doubt hacks in CSGO is now a thousand dollar industry, and priority number one for these pricey hacks is going to be evading detection and simple activation.

MayMay

Banned
I loved the D2 match. My team was supposed to lose! I picked everyone that said "I'm shit at D2" and we ended up steamrolling yaaaa

One of the TyLoo players has a VAC ban that people are only finding out about now like 2 hours before they are supposed to be playing. So the Asia Minor is already going to be fucked today, my guess is they have to DQ TyLoo and play the second group with just 3 teams.

frbrr

wait, so I can't even surf with a cool knife skin anymore? that's bullshit

what terrible evil is this rule even supposed to save me from?

Xizk

Intel®ExtremeMasters ‏@IEM 57s57 seconds ago
TyLoo are disqualified from #IEM Taipei due to one of the players being found ineligible to play in any current and future Valve events.

RobNBanks

Banned

if anything it probably harms Valve more.

they want people to buy knives and skins but i would imagine people want to know what the skin looks like from their PoV

Mokoi

Banned
if anything it probably harms Valve more.

they want people to buy knives and skins but i would imagine people want to know what the skin looks like from their PoV
Probably. I didn't really have a strong urge to have a knife until I was in a surf server using one. Shits stupid.

baby

thats been the case for ~4 months

if you already have one equipped as long as you dont change or hide it again it should stay

baby

ur not wrong lmao. this 75% odds for rng against cyberzen honestly hurts my feelings. are people betting even watching these games? rng has more or less shooting themselves in the foot and relying on the other team to shoot themselves in the face, and only mongolz refused to do so. tyloo did it before the games even started, and whatever that other team was just dragged it out. they were handed this semifinal on a silver platter and very nearly didnt get it. its just straight shameful to do this right after getting given a pro league spot and talking all that shit at other lans.

tl;dr

also im mad the net went down during that sven coop session
at least it got fixed 4 hours early

MayMay

Banned
Match between DenDD and PixelFire.. more exciting than I expected. OT2 but DenDD only needs one more round rip.

Edit: Lol. 25-23... OT3 inc?! PixelFire doin' it

Edit2: Yeap.. OT3. Whoa watching teams I've never heard of not being able to close out a match is exciting.

Top Bottom