• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Counter-Strike: Global Offensive |OT3| Halo and Goodbye

MayMay

Banned
There's not enough people anyways.

Until now there are:

Confrontation (in 45 minutes)
Haribi
Xizk (maybe)
baby
Overdoziz
MayMay
cHinzo (maybe)

Lots of maybes. It's pretty hard to find enough ppl during weekdays. Gonna update this post in case I find any more ppl.

MayMay

Banned
10mans were good.

First one was kinda shite because the teams were uneven as hell but the second one was nice and close.

Clydefrog

After 2+ hours of Sven Coop playing labyrinth, Zelda and Tetris maps:

Xu9XQoM.jpg

Hixx

Decent LAN starts tomorrow... but it's on fucking Azubu and has "daboo" casting it. So, as s1mple would say, it will have to be "mooted". Fuck sake.

Xizk

Decent LAN starts tomorrow... but it's on fucking Azubu and has "daboo" casting it. So, as s1mple would say, it will have to be "mooted". Fuck sake.

Yeah it has the worst casting lineup ever. At least APM only had some of the matches with Rahim and decent casters for the rest but no decent caster to be found here.

Hixx

I don't mind Metuz but I guess his accent can be a little off-putting for people who don't hear it every day.

I have to talk a lot differently when I play CS or people can't understand me. It's a disgrace. Still, Overdoziz still found time to mock it one time.

Filthy American.

It's hilarious seeing all the speculation on reddit that the long wait for a new major update is because Valve is working on something big (like Source 2 port). Watch when a new update hits it's just going to be something normal and then people will wonder what Valve has been doing all this time.

Valkrai

It's hilarious seeing all the speculation on reddit that the long wait for a new major update is because Valve is working on something big (like Source 2 port). Watch when a new update hits it's just going to be something normal and then people will wonder what Valve has been doing all this time.

I lost hope on a major update coming :/

MayMay

Banned
I mean they're working on something, but it's not gonna be a Source 2 port. Anyone thinking that is straight up outta their mind. After all the problems Dota 2 had with the Source 2 port.. a CSGO one is not gonna happen anytime soon.

There's no reason for one, anyways. The Dota 2 port was more of an experiment than anything. And while they used it to overhaul the menus etc. they could've done the same on the old engine.

Hixx

Imagine if they introduced seasons or some shit. Give a sticker or trophy for doing really well or something.

I'd love that. I'm never going to get global but it'd be nice to have something else to aim for every few months, just to keep my interest.

In reality we'll get a StatTrak HE grenade, a few shit maps and more worthless weekly drops to get. Woooooooo.

Take my money.

I mean they're working on something, but it's not gonna be a Source 2 port. Anyone thinking that is straight up outta their mind. After all the problems Dota 2 had with the Source 2 port.. a CSGO one is not gonna happen anytime soon.

There's no reason for one, anyways. The Dota 2 port was more of an experiment than anything. And while they used it to overhaul the menus etc. they could've done the same on the old engine.

It was more for enabling custom games and making their work easier for ongoing support and to test the engine while they're at it. Source 1 and Hammer are old and clunky as hell. They're still decent for making maps and stuff for FPS like CS and TF2, but for Dota I can't imagine it would have been a great experience for modders at least.

And I agree that I'm not expecting a port for either CS or TF2 simply because of the existing mods. The creators would have to port those over themselves. With Dota there was a clean slate as the only content was cosmetics. And yeah after all the problems not sure Valve would want to do it or that the communities would be tolerant regarding that.

MayMay

Banned
Ah right, totally forgot about the custom games. I actually played around with the Source 2 editor myself a bit and it's a big step up compared to the old hammer..

Good point with the clean slate, that's definitely the biggest reason. Can't imagine the shitstorm in the community when all their favourite game modes and maps would suddenly be incompatible with CSGO.

RobNBanks

Banned
at this point people shouldn't get their hopes up for anything more than an operation with shitty maps like Kowloon and gameplay changes no one asked for

Well, technically Garry Newman said Valve said since S2 is backwards compatible with S1, anything you write in the latter should work in the former. But, it would still probably need some tweaking and not sure every modder would want to do that or how long it would take.

It just sounds risky for established communities like this. Of course they could make a beta branch, but then the same thing would happen like with Dota. That not many would use it compared to the stable branch, and then eventually Valve would have to flip the switch.

rugioh

Banned
Interesting pic from reddit shows the windfall from the rank changes, makes sense how I dropped to MGE now lol. The scarier thought is that my coworkers that I queue with on my smurf were once DMG level.

gK0O4ea.png

Top Bottom