• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Counter-Strike: Global Offensive |OT3| Halo and Goodbye

MayMay

Banned
Well, technically Garry Newman said Valve said since S2 is backwards compatible with S1, anything you write in the latter should work in the former. But, it would still probably need some tweaking and not sure every modder would want to do that or how long it would take.

It just sounds risky for established communities like this. Of course they could make a beta branch, but then the same thing would happen like with Dota. That not many would use it compared to the stable branch, and then eventually Valve would have to flip the switch.

It'd be interesting if they'd release a Source 2 Version with the intent of pushing custom content, like what Dota 2 did. Give us a proper menu for custom game modes, let us join them from the main menu etc etc. Just like how Dota 2 does it.

I think that might be the only way they could make it work without pissing the community off. If they say something along the lines of "while old custom game modes may not work anymore, here's an incentive to make them compatible with Source 2".

The incentive being that the game modes would get alot more exposure etc.

Interesting pic from reddit shows the windfall from the rank changes, makes sense how I dropped to MGE now lol. The scarier thought is that my coworkers that I queue with on my smurf were once DMG level.

Hmm.. that's interesting. I only dropped to LEM from SMFC, seems like I was close to global (which is hilarious and shows how broken the ranks were). But now it's totally out of reach haha.

MayMay

Banned
The way Dota 2 and so many other games do it is perfect. I never understood why CSGO locks you into the lobby screen if you could simply have a small bar at the bottom of the screen with all the party stuff so that you could do some other things instead of just sitting in the lobby. But that's no Source 2 exclusive feature, that's just the menu system of CSGO being dumb as fuck.

RobNBanks

Banned
The way Dota 2 and so many other games do it is perfect. I never understood why CSGO locks you into the lobby screen if you could simply have a small bar at the bottom of the screen with all the party stuff so that you could do some other things instead of just sitting in the lobby. But that's no Source 2 exclusive feature, that's just the menu system of CSGO being dumb as fuck.

yeah but matt wood has a lot of stuff to do on his own so i cant blame him too much

impact

Banned
at this point people shouldn't get their hopes up for anything more than an operation with shitty maps like Kowloon and gameplay changes no one asked for

image.php

impact

Banned
Oh impact is still alive, you don't post alot anymore.

Where's the shitposting ._. I miss it

Edit: Saw this on Reddit, fucking hilarious. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yizCdvmK34A Describes CS so well.

no point. ya'll don't like me or play with me and anything I say is wrong even if everyone else in the thread agrees with it deep down. and robN just started not talking anytime I played so I got the picture and got the fuck out.

and you invite a shit controller troll fuck to play before me. I developed my own 10 man group with rugio <3

RobNBanks

Banned
why does everyone catch feelings over everything i do or dont do lol

It was one game where I thought I was in mumble but wasn't. sorry i hurt your feelings

MayMay

Banned
Ahh. I think people asked you plenty of times though, you just never joined. Not that I blame you, EU server and all.

No one gets invited anymore anyways. At this point there's usually just a "10man is happening" post in the thread and then we just wait until 10 ppl say they're up for playing. Asking everyone individually is so much work, which is why we're playing more often with ppl like SBD nowadays. It's not like ppl invite him, he just invites himself.

baby

source 2 is scary to me, what if it destroys surfing. what am i gonna do then, boot up source?

and yea, at this point its a "try to organize through thread, give up, tell everyone to just join the server until we have 10." sometimes it works out ok, sometimes it doesnt. id rather you joined impact, so we can avoid some of the people that do.

soultron

Banned
source 2 is scary to me, what if it destroys surfing. what am i gonna do then, boot up source?

and yea, at this point its a "try to organize through thread, give up, tell everyone to just join the server until we have 10." sometimes it works out ok, sometimes it doesnt. id rather you joined impact, so we can avoid some of the people that do.

Say it 2 my FACE m8

jk i never play CSGO/videogames anymore

Mokoi

Banned
why does Dust still commentate

he has the second most annoying voice in CS
Idk what he do outside of trying to cast and stuff. However, dude seems to have tried to put some effort into this shit and just won't accept he is not likeable at all. Got nothing against him, but he straight garbo when it comes to personality. This isn't his calling just how flying badass jets was not mine.

Say it 2 my FACE m8

jk i never play CSGO/videogames anymore
Shut up and fix rainbow six already. Please send meesgae on my behalf for the ubi employee distribution group to fix there fucking connection errors and stop making lobbies annoying af. It's multiplayer game only. Much love moko

baby

im pretty sure esea casters only get as much work as they do because lpkane wanted to spit in dust's face for jumping ship to cevo. within a week of him leaving, he announced an overhaul of esea match streaming that was a regularly scheduled cast everyday that lasted until the esl partnership

RobNBanks

Banned
im pretty sure esea casters only get as much work as they do because lpkane wanted to spit in dust's face for jumping ship to cevo. within a week of him leaving, he announced an overhaul of esea match streaming that was a regularly scheduled cast everyday that lasted until the esl partnership

why would he want to spit in his face?

that's like the best thing that could have happened

Ahh. I think people asked you plenty of times though, you just never joined. Not that I blame you, EU server and all.

No one gets invited anymore anyways. At this point there's usually just a "10man is happening" post in the thread and then we just wait until 10 ppl say they're up for playing. Asking everyone individually is so much work, which is why we're playing more often with ppl like SBD nowadays. It's not like ppl invite him, he just invites himself.
oh... :<

MayMay

Banned

No offense, I was just trying to give an explanation as to why we're playing more 10mans with ppl that we don't usually play with. Because we don't invite anyone anymore, everyone just invites themselves. It was different a while ago when we still organized the gaf games by asking ppl in steam messages if they're up for playing.

You were just a good example.

Interesting pic from reddit shows the windfall from the rank changes, makes sense how I dropped to MGE now lol. The scarier thought is that my coworkers that I queue with on my smurf were once DMG level.

gK0O4ea.png
That does make some sense. One of my silver friends joined cs go and instantly got to MG1 and ranked up to DMG before the rank update knocked his ass down to Nova 3. He plays like a silver.

MayMay

Banned
here! here!

EU CSGaf is quite small though.. ~15 people maybe. On second thought that's actually not that small. We've kinda grown lately.

There's a Steam group but I don't even know who most of these people are... And I've been posting in this thread for a long time lol.

baby

d jones should be ranked Bronze I

sometimes i dont think theres anyone worse at the game, but then i remember that d jones when we first played with him was way worse\

also it amazes me how often some of you bet

i dont feel connected enough to the scene to bet more than every once in a while anymore and i feel like i still watch more cs than most of you

Hey guys, looking for input on server hosting. Should I run my CSGO server on Linux or Windows. After doing some research looks like Windows is the way to go but just looking for thoughts about it. Thanks.

MayMay

Banned
You'll find alot of help if you set up the server on Linux, slightly less if you do it on Windows but there should still be enough. It doesn't really matter, Linux is good since its free but if you have a spare windows copy by all means do it on Windows

You'll find alot of help if you set up the server on Linux, slightly less if you do it on Windows but there should still be enough. It doesn't really matter, Linux is good since its free but if you have a spare windows copy by all means do it on Windows
Got it, thanks for the advice

Oh hey a CSGO Tournament hasn't started on time? What a fucking surprise. edit - and now they are playing Nickelback, someone send help.

Hey guys, looking for input on server hosting. Should I run my CSGO server on Linux or Windows. After doing some research looks like Windows is the way to go but just looking for thoughts about it. Thanks.

the only person here who owns a server is quiche and he doesnt know what hes doing

yeah I just bought one from gameservers.com and get Maymay to do 99% of the shit.

MayMay

Banned
UDIIE YOU WOT M8

YOU FOCKIN' WOT

Edit: Wait wtf I just checked HOW IS CLG WINNING THIS WHAT

Edit 2: Myyy hearrrrt isss brooooooken

Obviously Envy found out about the production value of the tourney and just want to get the fuck out of that shitty country as quickly as possible. Let the NAs have their Azubu tournament.

If CLG upsets nV they would've 16:0d NiP
Nah NiP got their new Coach today. I don't even remember what his name is, but I'm interested in seeing if he can get any work done with making the team better.

Just need a little NiP magic and some f0rest and GeT_RiGhT tag action and NiP could have maybe won this event. The best teams at this event are EnVyUs, FaZe, and G2 no? Neither of those 3 have really been playing at their old level lately.

EDIT: Astralis is here too... Yeah they're not playing at their old level either. NiP could have had a shot.

Then again, they choked and lost to G2... So NiP isn't exactly playing at their old level either lmao. Any team that isn't Fnatic apparently vacationed too hard this Holiday season.

Top Bottom