• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Counter-Strike: Global Offensive |OT3| Halo and Goodbye

MayMay

Banned
You come from Dota 2 - you should thrive in a toxic environment like that

And it's not that bad, they're still alot of fun. For me. And other ppl that know when the enemy is defusing the bomb.

You come from Dota 2 - you should thrive in a toxic environment like that

And it's not that bad, they're still alot of fun. For me. And other ppl that know when the enemy is defusing the bomb.

I'll try and get my rank up cause i dont wanna go in with my
silver

Ok.

SBD, I'm gonna give you some advice, and this is coming from someone who's new at the game. Listen to me or not, it's your choice.

First of all, you gotta realize, you're shit when compared to the rest of gaf. It's blunt, but it's the truth. I'm shit myself as well, still, but I'm learning form playing. Whatever the fuck you're doing during these games, is definitely not helping in trying to improve your level. Either you're trying these trick spots and catch someone off guard or you're doing the same play over and over again (rushing aps, I bet OD must be thankful for those free kills he gets, even though he's good enough to get them the hard way).

You must understand, there are a ton of really good players in this thread. Like almost every gaf game is filled with like at least 7 players who are legitimate LE and above (and not your old bs LE rank), with several LEM/SMFC. It's a privilege for us that scrubs like yourself and me can play against/with these guys. It's an opportunity to become better at this game, and not always play against fellow ranked players in MM or play aiming maps against bots or just the good old deathmatch.

I used to be the nonstop final pick in these games at the beginning. And rightfully so. These guys didn't know what pressure it was, knowing that the team that picked me last, had a huge handicap, because your own skill level is so far behind the picks just before you.

But I would take the punishment and embarrassment head-on and LEARN from it. I would not make up excuses (which you type up half the time you die in the chat) but see where I can improve.

Now, I'm obviously still one of the shittier players in the GafGames and I still get destroyed more often than not. But at least now, I'm making it respectable, don't bottomfrag all the time, and guess what, I'm not getting picked last anymore all the time. So I must be doing something right. The sooner you come to a realization that it's your own fault, that you have to adapt, that you have to NOT PLAY WITH A CONTROLLER AND WITH SOUND (again, you're playing against much, much better players than yourself, at least try to level the playing field in the equipment department), the sooner you will be better at this game and the guys will want to play with you.

Also, you're not only hurting yourself but also your team, which is much worse.

baby

I'll try and get my rank up cause i dont wanna go in with my
silver

confrontation came in at mg2 or mge pre rank update which is basically equivalent to silver now.... most people are pretty nice to him and not toxic
except me honestly

MayMay

Banned
Baby is just salty from that one time you were on his team back when you were still a "handicap" (your words, not mine).

Credit where credit is due, you're improving at a rapid pace Confrontation - please stop calling yourself shit lol. Your AWP is dangerous, man!

You're already so much better than some people with twice your play time. It's honestly refreshing to play with someone that's actually working on improving.

And you're a cool guy too, because you're from Europe!

MayMay

Banned
I'm glad I dont get picked last anymore, I'm actually among the very first picks and I'm lovin' it.

But then again why would anyone pick me last - I'm nuts. Except when I have to babysit SBD on my bombsite - then I'm not so nuts anymore because I'm busy micspamming "SBD DONT PUSH FUCKING APARTMENTS EVERY ROUND HOLY SHIT" (cough Inferno).

Baby is just salty from that one time you were on his team back when you were still a "handicap" (your words, not mine).

Credit where credit is due, you're improving at a rapid pace Confrontation - please stop calling yourself shit lol. Your AWP is dangerous, man!

You're already so much better than some people with twice your play time. It's honestly refreshing to play with someone that's actually working on improving.

And you're a cool guy too, because you're from Europe!

Thanks man, but I'm still shit overall when compared to you guys. Mainly because I'm extremely inconsistent. The AWP is very hit or miss with me. Like the Inferno game today or the MM game yesterday on Cache were obviously good examples of me being on point, but too often I still miss too many shots in GafGames.

I mainly use it too, because I'm still extremely outmatched in the AK/M4 department, but working on that as well.

im real sorry about that, i just get really caught up in the competitiveness of the game. i promise i feel bad a good 15 minutes later

Tbh, except that one time I don't recall you being toxic to me lol.

I dont think I'll get back to how I used to play. Still got some fatigue for this game but I love playing it. I used to have decent aim but bad game sense, now im just trash lmao.

You guys are hilarious to play with though.

frbrr

Thanks man, but I'm still shit overall when compared to you guys. Mainly because I'm extremely inconsistent. The AWP is very hit or miss with me. Like the Inferno game today or the MM game yesterday on Cache were obviously good examples of me being on point, but too often I still miss too many shots in GafGames.

I mainly use it too, because I'm still extremely outmatched in the AK/M4 department, but working on that as well.

yeah, you're alright now :>

our b hold was pretty good, no issues except that one time where you blocked me (but you got 3 frags so it doesn't matter :))

Pennywise

Tbh, except that one time I don't recall you being toxic to me lol.

That's something that comes naturally, unless you focus too much on crouching.
Seriously I've been crouching and not moving way too much over the past months.
So used to it now, it really affects the performance....
All that matchmaking had a bad influence :p

And you really got good pretty fast.
I'm playing this shit since beta 6.5, allthough barely active over the last 10 years.
Quiche also improved massively compared to his early days.He just thinks to complicated at times.

You should have heard Baby on Inferno, he was furious about your awping.

yeah, you're alright now :>

our b hold was pretty good, no issues except that one time where you blocked me (but you got 3 frags so it doesn't matter :))

Haha yea. I was standing there behind you with a flash in my hand, so concentrated to throw it as quickly as possible after your shot, that I completely forgot that...I was standing literally behind you and gave you no quick way out.

But like that Awp kill I got on you at A-site on Mirage when you asked wtf that spot was. That was a perfect example of learning from past experiences. You absolutely demolished me the last time we played that map from ramp when I was standing behind firebox. So this time I changed it up for that one round cause I had a feeling you were gonna try and wreck me again because you'd have the AWP and you probably would anyway if I would stay there.

That's something that comes naturally, unless you focus too much on crouching.
Seriously I've been crouching and not moving way too much over the past months.
So used to it now, it really affects the performance....
All that matchmaking had a bad influence :p

And you really got good pretty fast.
I'm playing this shit since beta 6.5, allthough barely active over the last 10 years.
Quiche also improved massively compared to his early days.He just thinks to complicated at times.

You should have heard Baby on Inferno, he was furious about your awping.

Yea, also my crosshair placement isn't on point most of the time and still panicking too much when spraying and not tapping. Like, I keep practicing that recoil control in those practice maps or DM, but as soon as the real situation breaks out, it's like I shut downm and completely forget the pattern.

frbrr

Yea, also my crosshair placement isn't on point most of the time and still panicking too much when spraying and not tapping. Like, I keep practicing that recoil control in those practice maps or DM, but as soon as the real situation breaks out, it's like I shut downm and completely forget the pattern.

play retakes, it's much better practice

Pennywise

Baby is so angry these days.
Regardless if he's happy or angry, Baby is great.

It's quite the difference getting one of those headless chickens and DM in comparsion to someone like Vinka who barely gives you a chance when you make a mistake.

13 years ago or so on a big LAN we had people sticking gaffer tape on their monitors, to always have the right position for the crosshair.
Quite hilarious, but it worked for them.
Goddamn I sound like an old fart.

Sajjaja

Justice has been served at last, permed Rivitur from the server.

cf89daacb4.jpg

lol so dramatic Mayhem.

MayMay

Banned
You don't need to white knight, Saj.

It's cute though.

Rivi has no business on the server, so he got banned. He can fuck right off honestly

MayMay

Banned
I'm not condescending, you just pop in here for the most random reasons. No need to call me out because I banned Rivitur.

It's just in preperation for his eventual unban that'll make 95% of CSGAF abandon the thread anyways. Might as well have a nice few days before it happens eh.

No need to have Rivitur troll around on the server, or message random ass ppl he never talked to about dumb shit like today.

Sajjaja

I'm not condescending, you just pop in here for the most random reasons. No need to call me out because I banned Rivitur.

It's just in preperation for his eventual unban that'll make 95% of CSGAF abandon the thread anyways. Might as well have a nice few days before it happens eh.

No need to have Rivitur troll around on the server, or message random ass ppl he never talked to about dumb shit.

I pop in for the most random reasons? I can't lurk now, man? Because I still talk to Rivi doesn't mean I'm automatically biased. Mayhem, why are you being so hostile out of the blue lol.

It's funny you banned Rivi for "racism," when you're like buds with Brad who openly says shit like "I hate niggers." Get off your high horse, dude.

MayMay

Banned
Racism was one of the preset reasons, and I thought it was funny to pick that one because the other ones didnt really fit.

Also, funny that you mention Brad. He might be many things but he's not a pedo defender ;) And trust me I've had my fair share of arguments with him about that topic over the years I've known him.

But thanks for popping in here and attacking me for no reason. \o/

MayMay

Banned
oh no boogy gaf is coming for me because I banned Rivi from the server after everyone requested it

at least I'll be able to sleep tonight knowing that 95% of the people in here are totally supportive of that decision because most ppl here hate that guy.

Sajjaja

oh no boogy gaf is coming for me because I banned Rivi from the server after everyone requested it

at least I'll be able to sleep tonight knowing that 95% of the people in here are totally supportive of that decision because most ppl here hate that guy.

ooga booga spooky scary gaferino

PS, who's boogy GAF

Sajjaja

So long my sweet prince. Never give up on your dreams. Shoot for the stars. Never lose hope. Keep your friends close and your friends closer. One love.

Poor confrontation wrote up this huge post and SBD keeps living in his dream world regardless..

What dream world?

I'm Legendary Eagle. I can maintain a steady LE/DMG level of gameplay when I'm not playing on a 150+ ping. ;P

I've never been able to play past that really. Literally everytime I play the game I just play, I never ever put in the effort to play an Aim-maps, any deathmatch, any spray training, etc. I kind of just play and never practice or put any effort to get any better. Legendary Eagle is about the highest skill ceiling I can achieve by just playing the game naturally. My raw Aim/Game Sense pretty much caps here.

I'm gonna try and get better though to partake in a few local LANs and also for MLG Columbus. I really wanna see how good I can get when I actually put in the effort to play DM for 10 minutes before hoping onto competitive, how good I can get when I actually bother to practice the Spray control for my weapons, when I actually bother to learn maps that aren't Dust II/Cache/Mirage, etc. Actually practice my aim by playing community maps. Actually listen to the game and play with sounds and try and hear key noises.

Top Bottom