• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Counter-Strike: Global Offensive |OT3| Halo and Goodbye

MayMay

Banned
Just buy a headset, please? lol

I'm gonna try and get better though to partake in a few local LANs and also for MLG Columbus. I really wanna see how good I can get when I actually put in the effort to play DM for 10 minutes before hoping onto competitive, how good I can get when I actually bother to practice the Spray control for my weapons, when I actually bother to learn maps that aren't Dust II/Cache/Mirage, etc. Actually practice my aim by playing community maps. Actually listen to the game and play with sounds and try and hear key noises.

And play with KB&M.. please.

Sajjaja

Just buy a headset, please? lol
And play with KB&M.. please.

8092ED5F6991EC35EE406C0B57E1FC09901A2C66

ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ U GOT BOOGYGAF'D ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ

baby

i think youre really overestimating what that does for someone. it can help very very slightly but mostly id say its a waste of time. maybe actually try thinking critically about what you do when you play? i know you really dont, ive seen you play

MayMay

Banned
ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ U GOT BOOGYGAF'D ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ

How about you stop drive-by shitposting in the thread or Ill msg a mod. This is tiring and unecessarry. And all because I banned Rivi from the csgaf server ahahah.

Thank god I know the whole thread has my back in that decision at least lol. Now stop making a fool out of yourself. Kinda sad that racist pedomaster Rivi is sending his friends now to begin with.

i think youre really overestimating what that does for someone. it can help very very slightly but mostly id say its a waste of time. maybe actually try thinking critically about what you do when you play? i know you really dont, ive seen you play

I play like a fucking idiot because I know I generally cannot compete at the Higher Levels in terms of aim, so I try to compensate for it by playing a High-Risk, High-Reward Playstyle where I will play constant Off-Angels and try and catch someone off guard, hoping it'd give me a solid 1/2 second advantage where I can aim at them before they aim at me. It's high risk because when it works, I can usually get the kill or two and fall back and guarantee the round win by leaving the team in a 5v3. It's also horrible because if I die, I instantly either lose site which potentially loses the round, or make it harder on my partner watching site with me.

I actually do think about what I do when I play, but I play really untraditionally because I really do fear playing properly because I don't believe I can win most 1v1 aim duels naturally, hence why you sometimes see me instead of holding an angle, ran across the map to relocate to hopefully get the drop on someone instead.

As I currently play, I would probably be a terrible addition to a real serious team of 5 hoping to play at a LAN against equally skilled or higher skilled players. I don't really know any coordinated smokes, or really know how to properly pop-flash for my team-mates, and just overall my whole gimmick for playing well wouldn't always be consistent and It'd be too much of a liability to a team to pick me up as it stands.

EDIT: I thought you said "Think Critically about the way you play", just realize you meant I should TRY thinking Critically while a play. lmao

MayMay

Banned
Which version of your post should I respond to?

It's not all that different, I just removed a screenshot. I forgot I don't have to prove myself in this thread anymore so I deemed it unecessary to repost the scoreboard from the 2nd match we played today.

You're better off just leaving though.

I guess deleting you and boogy on Steam wasnt enough, now instead of sending me annoying messages on there you go and derail the thread.. Lovely.

Omega

Banned
I play like a fucking idiot because I know I generally cannot compete at the Higher Levels in terms of aim, so I try to compensate for it by playing a High-Risk, High-Reward Playstyle

this makes no sense.

if you can't win aim duels you shouldn't be putting yourself in risky situations because you can't bail yourself out with aim, as shown time and time again with your high risk no reward CT Apt pushes on Inferno

clydegaf
eugaf
boogygaf

MayMay

Banned
Alright guys,

let's all cry for a minute here.

RIP Rivitur.

Let us pour one out. The guy that got banned half a year ago for being a pedo defender, and biggest racist we've ever come to know in this thread. That did nothing but troll, even after his ban - constantly joining the server and being annoying. Now that I banned him on the gaf server so we can play our 10mans in peace his friends got mad, but Ill take one for the team because it's totally worth it :p

this makes no sense.

if you can't win aim duels you shouldn't be putting yourself in risky situations because you can't bail yourself out with aim.

Maybe I didn't say it right.

I mean, instead of playing the traditional angle, I'll hold a very weird and bad angle that isn't generally a spot the enemy will either be expecting, or will be pre-aiming at. Generally giving me a solid 1/2 seconds when I'm already aiming and firing at them while they still need to adjust their aim.

Examples like, generally if someone holds A-Long (CT side), they'll hold it at corner, and people will generally be aiming around there when pushing.

I'll play behind stairs, just a little bit to the right crouching exposing only my head. Generally I can get a kill because they have to readjust their aim and still perfectly line up my head. Problem is, if more than one pushes long, I'm committed and can not fall back because I have to move for about 3 seconds before getting behind the corner, and have to expose myself the entire team, as where playing the corner you can just move out quickly.

MayMay

Banned
Are there any more big lans before Columbus?

Kinda got into watching pro CS again during game show.

Edit: oh shit there's quite a few actually.. ESL Barcelona, IEM Katowice and CPL S2 finals.. Sweet.

Mokoi

Banned
I'm doing diarrhoea and its like I'm reading it itt also
+1

Yall guys will never be good until you accept 800x600 res. Idk how many times I have to say it. It lets you laser focus on one tiny area and removes all distractions from the sides. Other than that you need to improve your brain power. Unfortunately for me my brain don't think so good anymore so I can't play smarts.

Also there are animay threads to post in. Please keep csgo free or get haxed.

impact

Banned
I play like a fucking idiot because I know I generally cannot compete at the Higher Levels in terms of aim, so I try to compensate for it by playing a High-Risk, High-Reward Playstyle where I will play constant Off-Angels and try and catch someone off guard, hoping it'd give me a solid 1/2 second advantage where I can aim at them before they aim at me. It's high risk because when it works, I can usually get the kill or two and fall back and guarantee the round win by leaving the team in a 5v3. It's also horrible because if I die, I instantly either lose site which potentially loses the round, or make it harder on my partner watching site with me.

I actually do think about what I do when I play, but I play really untraditionally because I really do fear playing properly because I don't believe I can win most 1v1 aim duels naturally, hence why you sometimes see me instead of holding an angle, ran across the map to relocate to hopefully get the drop on someone instead.

As I currently play, I would probably be a terrible addition to a real serious team of 5 hoping to play at a LAN against equally skilled or higher skilled players. I don't really know any coordinated smokes, or really know how to properly pop-flash for my team-mates, and just overall my whole gimmick for playing well wouldn't always be consistent and It'd be too much of a liability to a team to pick me up as it stands.

EDIT: I thought you said "Think Critically about the way you play", just realize you meant I should TRY thinking Critically while a play. lmao
LMAO

Haribi

Why isn't there a Star Wars RPG? And wouldn't James Bond make for a pretty good FPS?
How Launders made it to any sort of prominence in the scene is beyond me. He's a bad player, a bad caster, a bad interviewer. Why is he so adored by the Reddit people?

Top Bottom