• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Counter-Strike: Global Offensive |OT3| Halo and Goodbye

Mokoi

Banned
Just complete haxor school from learn2hax.org

Gonna haxs U maymay for that lingo. Also is it how to get ebot working on a server?

You can spin it around to make it seem like I'm preventing you from playing but you're forgetting about a whole thread of people (everyone that knows you and has already played with you) that doesnt want to have their games ruined by a troll + the people that wouldn't even join when you're around. Trust me, if I'd be the only one against you playing there'd be no such issues lol.

Rob put it quite nicely on the last page, why have Darkstar in the gaf games ruining it all if we could play with some new ppl instead..? Same applies to you.

w/e im clearly giving you too much attention.
No dude. You're taking that wrong. When I'm saying "Your rules, your server, your games", I'm referring too all of CS GAF. :p Not calling you out.

Like I said, I'm not hurt about it. I hope you guys have lots of fun in your 10 mans! :)

I <3 you guys. I got the NiP style going on. All I spread is positivity and love. <3

MayMay

Banned
Reddit never disappoints

RDxvicU.png

MayMay

Banned
I'm down for the 10 man.

I put you on the backup list in case some people drop out, since we had 10 for a while. udiie dropped out but he was just on the backup list so he didn't make room for anyone.

Damn there are alot of ppl that want to play a 10man today, who knows maybe we'll be able to fill up 2 at the same time in the future (probably not lol)

MayMay

Banned
I managed to put Santorini into the map veto, to keep it even I had to put another map though. People didnt like season so I just decided to put Overgrown into the pool since ppl brought it up in the past.

frbrr

I managed to put Santorini into the map veto, to keep it even I had to put another map though. People didnt like season so I just decided to put Overgrown into the pool since ppl brought it up in the past.

nice, missed overgrown last time it was played

impact

Banned
I put you on the backup list in case some people drop out, since we had 10 for a while. udiie dropped out but he was just on the backup list so he didn't make room for anyone.

Damn there are alot of ppl that want to play a 10man today, who knows maybe we'll be able to fill up 2 at the same time in the future (probably not lol)

US 10 man server when? playing with 100 ping is only fun if I'm not the one doing it

Mokoi

Banned
US 10 man server when? playing with 100 ping is only fun if I'm not the one doing it
I have a server but too bz with work to set it up until the weekends. 300 ping games is straight shit and I have dank animays crew to fill it up so it doesn't die like all the rest of them have

One of my co-workers who I became really close with at my new job just got his gaming PC back, and he told me he wanted to start getting into CSGO because me and three other Co-workers talk about it all the time. He asked me if I play with a controller (I've never mentioned this to him before), and I said yeah. He actually asked me if I can help him set up his controller in the game because it doesn't work for him.

So I'm going to send him my cfg and have his controller bind exactly like mine for his game. What are some good ways to show a brand new player how to play? Just have him shoot the DMs to reach Rank 3, and let him practice that way, but what else should I be doing to hopefully help him get out of silver quickly?

So far I'm going to send him these videos to watch:

CS:GO Pro Tip Series: GeT_RiGhT
CS:GO Pro Tip Series: Fifflaren
CS:GO - NiP Friberg ~ How to Spray? - Training Recoil Ak/M4
CS:GO | Dust 2 For Noobs

I don't really wanna get a Smurf and play with him in Silver, don't wanna be that guy. Should I just watch him play via Steam Live Stream and correct his mistakes as they happen, or just give him tips and let him play how he will.

stop trolling and baiting

He's waiting for his NeoGAF activation. :( Otherwise I'd have him ask you guys for advice directly. Told him NeoGAF and r/GlobalOffensive are the only two active Community I go.

Told him you guys were good for discussing the game, and r/GlobalOffensive was good for news.

Jenenser

He asked me if I play with a controller (I've never mentioned this to him before), and I said yeah. He actually asked me if I can help him set up his controller in the game because it doesn't work for him.

So I'm going to send him my cfg and have his controller bind exactly like mine for his game. What are some good ways to show a brand new player how to play? Just have him shoot the DMs to reach Rank 3, and let him practice that way, but what else should I be doing to hopefully help him get out of silver quickly?

wanna give him a real tip? tell him to not use a controller because he will get ridiculed and shat on 24/7. his team will hate him and he won't learn shit.

Shane

Salty heat.

Thanks for letting me join in last night. Was good to play some games without the nuclear hell that is MM; even with our server troubles.

And I'll remember ".ready" and push-to-talk next time...

Edit: Looking at those stats I need to work on my headshots. Clearly aiming lower than I should by default. Also, what is "CK"?

frbrr

Salty heat.

Thanks for letting me join in last night. Was good to play some games without the nuclear hell that is MM; even with our server troubles.

And I'll remember ".ready" and push-to-talk next time...

Edit: Looking at those stats I need to work on my headshots. Clearly aiming lower than I should by default. Also, what is "CK"?

Clutch Kills
Every time you get a kill while being the last person alive on your team. Only counts if you win the round.

My friends and I are gonna play at a free CSGO Tourney with a $225 prize pool.

Totes ready to make money. Impact I'll pay you to review my demos and teach me how to be so good at the game like you &#5465;(&#8640;&#8248;&#8636;&#8246;)&#5463;

wanna give him a real tip? tell him to not use a controller because he will get ridiculed and shat on 24/7. his team will hate him and he won't learn shit.

Eh, depending on how serious he wants to take CSGO I may just tell him to just get used to a Keyboard and Mouse. I sincerely think he's only getting into it because me and 3 other are into it. Even then, I only care about the Pro-Scene, two of them are Gold Novas who only care about gambling lmao, and the other is DMG and he's trying to get into the Pro Scene. He's watched a few games now that the ESL Season is starting. He watched Virtus Pro yesterday and he was bored. Told him to wait until Next Week when NiP plays, since NiP is the most exciting Pro Team to watch.

But if it turns out he actually wants to take the game seriously, I may encourage him to just K&M, he's a Console Gamer too. Plays on Xbox One and plays Siege a lot I think.

The CSGO Tournament will be held on February 20th at__________. The tournament will run from 10 AM - 8 PM. The starting rounds will be best of 3, then will go to best of 5 in the finals and semi finals.

The tournament will be a &#8220;bring your own computer&#8221; event, but we will be supplying power strips, tables, etc. If you have any questions, email us at _________ and we'll be happy to answer them.

We require that at least 3 team members are present at the tournament. This means that you can have a max of 2 players play from a different location.
The prize pool for the CS:GO tournament will be $225.

baby, impact, hit me up. carry us to a victory you lovely pro mlg global/supremes and you can have all the prize money (^&#814;^)

udiie

its pretty crazy how long its been since a real update, especially since all those tweaks got reverted
shit ive hardly been playing this game outside the gaf games

MayMay

Banned
its pretty crazy how long its been since a real update, especially since all those tweaks got reverted

Gaf-certified&#8482; CSGAF 10man&#8482; In-House&#8482; matches are all you'll ever need.

And people are still holding out for Source 2. No. If that were the case Valve would have given a heads up months ago, like they did with Dota. An engine change isn't an update you drop just like that, especially if there's no beta branch. It would be pandemonium.

Shane

Because of the rollback with the last release they'll have been told to make sure they are 110% confident with the next one before releasing it. Probably sat on it until they get the okay.

MayMay

Banned
RIP. I already forgot about the rifle changes, honestly - but now that I remembered I'm quite afraid of the next update. When they reverted the changes they said they'd be looking into another way to balance the guns a bit more.. I'm scared of what that is.

Xizk

RIP. I already forgot about the rifle changes, honestly - but now that I remembered I'm quite afraid of the next update. When they reverted the changes they said they'd be looking into another way to balance the guns a bit more.. I'm scared of what that is.

Going to take away 1 bullet hs from AK.

tootsi666

What's exactly wrong with the game now? I don't think Valve needs to tweak the weapons right now

Edit. I guess some people are waiting for shitty Operation maps. Fair enough, I just hope Valve doesn't change anything to worse
Edit2. I forgot that they should remove chickens. Keep those things in casual pls

impact

Banned

yea, speaking of which, fuck you

"hey man i wont accept your invites ever im watching dizzykitten stream"

What's exactly wrong with the game now? I don't think Valve needs to tweak the weapons right now

well a $300 pistol one shots close range but a $3100 rifle does not

you tell me whats wrong with this game. pistol running/accuracy needs to changed, they said they're going to make it so tapping actually works, and jump scout NEEDS to be taken out of the game

but no no, CS:GO is perfect.... didn't you see the player numbers xd xd xd

Top Bottom