• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Counter-Strike: Global Offensive |OT3| Halo and Goodbye

MayMay

Banned
Kanye
mjlol.png

cHinzo

I think we should use the weapon mod on Popflash. At least try it out once to see what all the fuss is about

I think they're waiting for the finalized 1.2 version to put it on Popflash. I'm pretty interested too in the tapping/bursting changes. Hope Valve uses some data from the mod if it's any good.

Sajjaja

haven't played comp in so long, lost my rank. nice thred btw

Regards,

Sajjaja - ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ BOOGYGAF ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ

MayMay

Banned
Nice job against these Novas, Saj

giphy.gif

ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ BOOGYGAF ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ really let itself go if you get outfragged by Paulink

Haribi

Why isn't there a Star Wars RPG? And wouldn't James Bond make for a pretty good FPS?
So after our last match I played one more ESEA match to finish the day.

Had this nice little clutch moment to take us to the 2nd overtime

https://streamable.com/spei

To me, the second kill I got there is the most satisfying type of kill there is in the game. When you hold an angle and the guy just runs into your crosshair and all you have to do is press mouse1. Love it

MayMay

Banned

MayMay

Banned
Holy shit, Paul Panzer. Dunno how many years it's been since I last heard that name.

Thanks

Haha yeah, I know what you mean. Easily 7+ years since I last looked at/listened to anything he did. Not even sure why I remembered this.. lol

Sajjaja

Nice job against these Novas, Saj

giphy.gif

ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ BOOGYGAF ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ really let itself go if you get outfragged by Paulink

You sound upset DankMayMemes. I THOT U WERE THE MATURE ONE LELZ.

I love you.

Sajjaja

At the end of the day, it's nice to know that MayMemes is keeping an eye on me and finally decided on a version of his post to carefully present to me :)

The love will never end <3

Foxyone

I gotta get more into this community thread since I'm addicted to CS lately.

BTW, is the Aug / SG considered a noob weapon? I get a lot of hate for it, but I seem to prefer it over other guns due to the scope for headshots.

BTW, is the Aug / SG considered a noob weapon? I get a lot of hate for it, but I seem to prefer it over other guns due to the scope for headshots.

Nah, who gives a shit what people think really. The SG is super powerful because of it's scope in combination with the high armor penetration and also always 1 shot headshot power.

The AUG isn't much better than the M4 to be honest, but if you really like/depend on the scope, no problem in buying it either. In fact, it's a little better than the M4 because it has the potential to 1-HS kill up close, but other than that, they're about equal. Both will require two shots to kill normally. I personally like the M4A1-S, because the Silencer is awesome, but the AUG also shows no tracer if you spam the smoke while scoped in.

Yea they are considered "noob/CoD guns".

Alot of people here will tell you to build up your skills with the AK and M4 (as you should). I use the AUG and SG from time to time though. Mainly on D2 up A long.

Foxyone

Yea they are considered "noob/CoD guns".

Alot of people here will tell you to build up your skills with the AK and M4 (as you should). I use the AUG and SG from time to time though. Mainly on D2 up A long.

Why those guns though? I seem to have found success with those scope weapons. I feel like I can manage things like covering doors and whatnot better with one of those than an AK at least.

There is the drawback of lower fov, but the accuracy it offers makes it seem like a good choice to me.

baby

Why those guns though? I seem to have found success with those scope weapons. I feel like I can manage things like covering doors and whatnot better with one of those than an AK at least.

There is the drawback of lower fov, but the accuracy it offers makes it seem like a good choice to me.

more than half the game is economy, its not worth the money for incredibly situational advantage

Foxyone

more than half the game is economy, its not worth the money for incredibly situational advantage

It's not worth too much more : /

Then again, I'm coming from a Casual perspective since that's what I usually play. I just feel like in more situations I'd rather have a scoped weapon than the usual AK or M4. Maybe I need to watch some pros play with "real" guns.

Then again, I'm coming from a Casual perspective since that's what I usually play. I just feel like in more situations I'd rather have a scoped weapon than the usual AK or M4. Maybe I need to watch some pros play with "real" guns.

If that's the case, watch NiP play tomorrow. NiP is the best pro team, you can learn a lot about the game from just watching them.

The difference between the SG/AK is $300, which if you're playing super competitively, is a Flash/Smoke/Nade, which could be worth while.

AUG/M4 is $200, so a flash, which can also change a round/encounter in your favor.

But, if you're like MG/Lower, those probably don't matter as much.

Clydefrog

You can easily limit the long-range disadvantage by going somewhere else on the map.

Besides, you'll almost always die trying to scope with an Aug/SG against an AWP.

Mac-10 / Nova after round 1 win. AK/M4A1-S/AWP/P90 for life. Always pistol eco.

DON'T DEAGLE

rugioh

Banned
Man perception is such a motherfucker lmao. adreN seemed to be adored back in the Curse/TST days when he just churned out youtube content and played invite with a casual team. Now he can't turn anywhere without people spouting decoy and BOT memes about him. Shame, he seems like a nice guy that's just a little in over his head

baby

Man perception is such a motherfucker lmao. adreN seemed to be adored back in the Curse/TST days when he just churned out youtube content and played invite with a casual team. Now he can't turn anywhere without people spouting decoy and BOT memes about him. Shame, he seems like a nice guy that's just a little in over his head

it seems like a lot of pros these days, especially in na, arent allowed to slump for a little while. it takes a few bad games and a thorin video and whoever the target is has to climb out of a slump with an entire community flinging shit at them. shahzam was amazing on denial and one of the biggest reasons they made it anywhere and had a few esea lan upsets, but he barely had a chance when he joined c9 to play before the community at large turned on him

honestly, im still perplexed by thorins popularity. the dude is a silver, the only reason anyone thinks he knows what hes talking about is because "if hes a dick he must be telling the truth!"

I think the AUG too expensive for its performance personally. However, the SG is far more accurate than the AK and the spray pattern is actually really easy (diagonal down to the left). You can actually one tap with it a lot easier than the AK as well since it's so accurate. I like the SG if I have a lot of money.

Top Bottom