• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Counter-Strike: Global Offensive |OT3| Halo and Goodbye

Hixx

VP just gave up on their CT half.

Needed Snax to go huge to go toe-to-toe with Navi. Can't play like that on CT so...

MayMay

Banned
I wanted to bet on VP for D2, but somehow I thought that was going to be the second match.

That mistake saved me some skins.

MayMay

Banned
Nah I didnt bet, I wanted to wait for the first match to end to check the new odds because I expected them to get even sweeter for VP.

But I obviously didnt bet at all when I realized that map 2 wasnt gonna be Dust 2.

baby

i mean, im no JMG, but i would suggest avoiding betting based on odds, just try to go with the team more likely to win.

the only time id bet for odds is if a team is severely underrated, but it takes a lot of work to figure out who those teams are. like the most money ive ever won was manajumas vs coL and i made that bet on shroud alone. the community is large enough now that big, inaccurate odds like that are rare

MayMay

Banned
Ehh, betting on Na'Vi with 75% would've been too big of a risk imo. I honestly thought VP had a real chance to upset on Dust 2. Would've only been a very small bet anyways, I'm not crazy. Betting on VP is always risky, I lost so much money because they got upset by.. I think Cloud 9 or something during a major a year ago.

MayMay

Banned
You're better off playing the odds with small bets than putting big money on the team thats "sure to win", imo. Upsets happen allll the time.

Last time I went big on a team that was most likely to win I lost 80$. Learned my lesson.

That doesn't even make sense. Take for example G2 vs Fnatic. Asked who I think will win I will of course pick fnatic. But if odds are 10-90 for G2 I will always bet on G2. I can either bet 10 bux 10 times for 100 back or I have to bet 100 on fnatic once and hope they don't lose and not even get a decent payout. Betting on favorites is how you lose huge sums like Odah. You have to risk much more. I can eat more losses and still come up on top. I lost 10 on VP but won 30 on Orgless today for example.

Pretty much this.

Xizk

betting on vp 2 seasons ago was "risky," betting on vp this season is stupid. theres a reason theyre about to be 0-8 in esea

i mean if you dont value your money you do you

That doesn't even make sense. Take for example G2 vs Fnatic. Asked who I think will win I will of course pick fnatic. But if odds are 10-90 for G2 I will always bet on G2. I can either bet 10 bux 10 times for 100 back or I have to bet 100 on fnatic once and hope they don't lose and not even get a decent payout. Betting on favorites is how you lose huge sums like Odah. You have to risk much more. I can eat more losses and still come up on top. I lost 10 on VP but won 30 on Orgless today for example.

baby

then dont go big? and no team is sure to win. upsets dont happen that often, and id rather have larger odds to win $1 than lose any money at all. not every bet has to have a great payout, any win gets you some money.

ive literally never gone negative betting like this. i only bet on teams i know, and i bet on who i think is going to win, not who could possibly in some universe win but was going to lose me money 90% of the time

for the record, i do agree with the bet on orgless because i think theyre about as good as ancient, now that i actually look at the rosters

also for the record, its a weird idea to bet on any match that has 90% odds, theres way too much room to lose there.

Xizk

Lost 10 bux on VP(20 if they lose cbble) but won 90 on Penta + Orgless. I thought F3 would win but the odds were too high for F3 so I placed the bet.

baby

ok? congrats on a risk you took with your money paying out for you? i dont like to do that, i think slow and steady wins the race. you can count on upsets all you want, i just dont think its a good idea so i dont. i made 35 on navi and that was the only bet i made, so im happy.

whos on hr now?

Xizk

Who's saying I bet on every underdog? I bet on those who have a higher chance of winning than the odds reflect. It's not like I bet tier 4 teams against fnatic. Two tier 2 teams and one team has 17%. Of course they have a higher chance of winning than that.

cHinzo

The trick to betting is to not bet on every game. Why would u put something on a for sure loss. Just skip if the odds aren't favorable and bet smartly on games with good odds.
ok? congrats on a risk you took with your money paying out for you? i dont like to do that, i think slow and steady wins the race. you can count on upsets all you want, i just dont think its a good idea so i dont. i made 35 on navi and that was the only bet i made, so im happy.

whos on hr now?
I used to bet like this. Just gotta look for the potential upset bets in between the less risky bets. Half of the old Neophyte plays in Hellraisers now with Styko, Zero and Oskar.

rugioh

Banned
G2/F3
mouz/Hellraisers
CLG/SK
dignigs/Gambit?

Vexed or Tempo Storm COULD sneak through, those are the only maybe's I see on there. Maybe Renegades but I'd have to see how they do in their upcoming Pro League games to see how on form they are. Even if YP had their full roster I don't see them getting out of that group anyway.

cHinzo

G2/Tempo Storm
Mouz/Liquid
CLG/SK
C9/Dignitas

For me. I guess Liquid get their shit together and beat HR. CLG has the easiest group ever. C9's group only has one threat.

impact

Banned
G2/Tempo
mouz/Liquid
CLG/SK
Cloud9/dig

if C9 lose a major spot to fucking Renegades it's time to dissolve the team and start over

baby

G2/F3
mouz/Hellraisers
CLG/SK
dignigs/Gambit?

Vexed or Tempo Storm COULD sneak through, those are the only maybe's I see on there. Maybe Renegades but I'd have to see how they do in their upcoming Pro League games to see how on form they are. Even if YP had their full roster I don't see them getting out of that group anyway.

i think c9 is a maybe, not because i think theyre decent but because gambit seemed sort of weak from what ive seen of them and renegades is awful

cHinzo

honestly if dig cant even beat nip today im not sure id be 100% confident in their making it out of groups

Well, the last time they played on train NiP won 16-4. At least Dig is improving!
Although they won both pistols this time...

Hixx

oh. thanks to a rage quit and a fucking idiot random on our team I finally got deranked

lost 7/8 so it was coming i guess

Pennywise

oh. thanks to a rage quit and a fucking idiot random on our team I finally got deranked

lost 7/8 so it was coming i guess

H7f6VNr.png

Disgusting.
Time to close the MM files for now.

MayMay

Banned
I had 7/8 wins a few days ago and the one match that wasnt a win was a tie.

3 losses - derank. Probably about to derank again after yesterday.

I should probably solo a bit on Overpass and Inferno to make up for all the D2 and Mirage losses. Horrible maps *shivers*. Really don't understand how you guys can play Mirage so often.. every time I join it's always Mirage :D

Edit: I don't mind but yall need some more Overpass, Train and Inferno in your lives.

Pennywise

I had 7/8 wins a few days ago and the one match that wasnt a win was a tie.

3 losses - derank. Probably about to derank again after yesterday.

I should probably solo a bit on Overpass and Inferno to make up for all the D2 and Mirage losses. Horrible maps *shivers*. Really don't understand how you guys can play Mirage so often.. every time I join it's always Mirage :D

Mirage is fine on MM, IF you got a full team.
It's not my favorite due it being relative reliant on a decent awper, which I'm not, so you need someone who does it well.

It's still better than just playing Cache/Overpass/Train or playing something else like Dust2/Inferno and get stomped on it.

Mirage is one of the few maps that is fine on MM.

MayMay

Banned
I guess you're right, Mirage might actually not be so bad without random polish people to sabotage the whole thing. But I wouldnt know, I think the last time I played Mirage MM with a full lobby was last year.

Top Bottom