• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Counter-Strike: Global Offensive |OT3| Halo and Goodbye

Haribi

Why isn't there a Star Wars RPG? And wouldn't James Bond make for a pretty good FPS?
I tried 1080p for the first time. Is it normal that the game has a weird "fisheye effect" on that res or is something wrong with my settings?
Objects look bigger and closer to you when they're on the side of your screen and when you look directly at something they appear farther away.

CIel1YB.jpg

WMVRwDQ.jpg

Notice how the car looks bigger and closer to you on the second picture.
Same goes for the corner of the wall which looks farther away on the second pic.

It honestly makes me feel sick.

udiie

viewmodel_fov "54" vs "68" (which is the one above)
just moves the weapon closer

edit: apparently its intended, or rather the edges of the screen would be curved inwards or something idk too technical for me to care

Haribi

Why isn't there a Star Wars RPG? And wouldn't James Bond make for a pretty good FPS?

edit: apparently its intended, or rather the edges of the screen would be curved inwards or something idk too technical for me to care

Ok so nothing wrong with my settings. Guess I'll go back to 4:3.

Also, does any of you tech-savy people know why my gpu driver does this

https://streamable.com/js4m

Scaling mode is set to fullscreen. But whenever I start CS it automatically switches to "keep ratio" (Seitenverhältnis beibehalten) which is why I can't use stretched anymore. As you can see in the video when I alt tab, it again switches back to fullscreen and then back to keep ratio when I go back to the game.

Since I got this pc 6 months ago I have to play with blackbars because it won't stretch.

jediyoshi

More simple than that, they don't want to expose more information than what would be given past a certain point. Most other Source games implement FOV like how you'd expect.

Dear Customer,

Ticket has been updated by Brendan Kiel [staff].

I made some system-end changes to your server, which should improve the performance of your server.

You should be all taken care of.

Thanks,

Brendan Kiel
"Dr. Worm[GS]"

Hopefully that means the server will work next time you guys play!

jediyoshi

umf

http://blog.counter-strike.net/operationwildfire

[OPERATION WILDFIRE]
– Operation Wildfire is LIVE: http://blog.counter-strike.net/operationwildfire
— Seven community maps available in Competitive Matchmaking as well as other game modes via the Operation Wildfire map group
– The Operation Wildfire Access Pass ($5.99) is now available giving access to the following features:
— The Operation Wildfire coin, upgradeable through the completion of challenge missions
— An Operation Journal that tracks your stats in official competitive matches and includes a Friends Leaderboard
— The cooperative Gemini Campaign, featuring replayable missions with individual mission leaderboards.
— The Wildfire Campaign, featuring 30 missions in Casual, Arms Race, Demolition, and Deathmatch modes.
— Blitz Missions, global events that grant bonus XP for completing a specific action (must be Private Rank 3 or above to participate in Competitive Blitz Missions).
— Access to weapon drops from Operation collections: Cobblestone, Cache, Overpass, Gods and Monsters, Chop Shop, and Rising Sun
— Exclusive access to the Operation Wildfire Case featuring 16 community-created weapon finishes and the all-new Bowie Knife.
– Nuke has returned (available in Matchmaking included in the Operation Wildfire map group). For more details, visit: http://blog.counter-strike.net/reintroducing_nuke
[GAMEPLAY]
– ARMS RACE
— The leader’s glow in Arms Race no longer shows through walls.
— M4A1-Silenced has been added to the rifle section of available Arms Race weapons.
[UI]
– Fixed AWP icon to better represent the weapon’s silhouette.
– The English string “ALIVE” in the playercount hud element is now a localized token.
– Inventory filter for All Weapons now filters out display items and music kits correctly.
– Inventory sorting by Quality now better groups items within the same quality by their slot.
– Updated the Nuke loading screen icon.
[MISC]
– Fixed particle rain not following the “in eye” player if you were spectating someone.
– Detail sprites (like grass) have been improved so many more can be rendered for much cheaper.
[SDK]
-[vbsp.exe] increased MAX_MAP_ENTITIES to 20480 from 16384 to compile bigger maps.
– Maps can have multiple radar images based on player height.
– Added several features to support a new mission type: Co-op Strike (game_type 4, game_mode 1)
— Added Co-op Strike items: Heavy Armor, Tactical Awareness Grenades, and Medi-Shot.
— Added new spawn point (info_enemy_terrorist_spawn) for use in Co-op Strike missions to spawn enemies which can specify somethings like unique models, loadouts, behavior, etc.
— Added an Exploding Barrel entity for use in the Co-op Strike missions.
— func_hostage_rescue entity is now able to be disabled.
— Added a Heavy Phoenix enemy.
– Added item_coop_coin entity that displays how many (of 3) you’ve collected.
— In Co-op Strike mode, bots will no longer try to path through “blocked” nav areas.
— Bots can be set to “asleep” in Co-op Strike mode and they will stay put until they see an enemy, take damage or are the last enemy alive.
— Added a game_coopmission_manager entity to help manage and relay data to other entities/vscript for Co-op missions.
– The game_player_equip entity has been updated to allow maps to give any weapon to the activator with an argument.
– prop_door_rotating now blocks nav when closed, locked and unbreakable.
– Fixed an assert in prop_door_rotating where it tried to play a “locked” activity regardless of it had it when the player used it when locked.
– Added OnFirstPickedUp, OnDroppedNotRescued, OnRescued outputs to hostage entities.
– Added a convar (mp_c4_cannot_be_defused) that when enabled, prevents C4s from being defused.
– Resurrected the HL2 env_gunfire entity.
– Added two new convars for managing dropped weapons
— weapon_auto_cleanup_time “If set to non-zero, weapons will delete themselves after the specified time (in seconds) if no players are near.”
— weapon_max_before_cleanup “If set to non-zero, will remove the oldest dropped weapon to maintain the specified number of dropped weapons in the world.”
– Added a third option to mp_death_drop_grenade which makes all held grenades drop on death (used in Co-op Strike)
– Updated weapons in Hammer fgd to use weapon models that match the ones used when spawned in the world. Plus added some missing weapons.
– Added env_sprite_clientside entity which is just a clientside sprite (doesn’t use edicts).
[MAPS]
– Nuke
— Now available in Competitive Matchmaking, and other game modes in the Operation Wildfire Map Group
– Cache:
— Fixed DM spawns
— Improved radar polish
— Improved visual polish
— Added physics to fence in Sun room
— Fixed numerous “pixel walks”
— Fixed one-way wallbang at mid (thanks TomCS!)
— Fixed fencing at T-spawn being non-solid (thanks JoshOnTwitch!)
– Mirage:
— Removed wall-lamps that blocked visibility from ticketbooth to mid in bombsite A
— Removed shelf inside market near bombsite B (thanks TheWhaleMan!)
— Added a plywood board to bomb-crate in bombsite A to make throwing grenades under scaffolding more consistent
– Slight adjustments to Safehouse, Lake, and Shoots

frbrr

where is mah source 2?
reddit promised it would be here because vulkan was just released and that's totally related to cs:go

KingKong

nah man newke has some nice changes

yeah running around I see some good stuff (we'll see how it plays), it was just kind of a shock after how long it took to remake for it to have such a similar layout though I guess train was the same way

operation seems to be one co-op campaign and one main campaign but I think you stil just get xp for missions and only one drop a week. probably still worth it for the lucky case drop

MayMay

Banned
I love Steam.. downloaded the update, it wouldnt finish the DL so I ended up verifying the files and now its redownloading 4GB of shit.

tootsi666

How are the vents?

The pictures I saw were too colorful. I like my maps simple but it's 6am and I can't be asked to boot my computer to see how it looks ingame.

udiie

How are the vents?

The pictures I saw were too colorful. I like my maps simple but it's 6am and I can't be asked to boot my computer to see how it looks ingame.

vents go from right side A site down and across to left side B
only one entrance in and out on each site

Phrynobatrachus

Neo Member
new operation and I made it back to LE on my first game of newke, noice. squeaky feels like a lot stronger option as Ts now that you can't directly watch door from the A catwalks

My computer has to be broken now of all times.

Valve was waiting for NiP to be back and be the #1 team again before they graced us with this update. We don't deserve an update with jerks like Fnatic running the game.

Thank you NiP. ;~;

Mokoi

Banned
[GAMEPLAY]
– ARMS RACE
— The leader’s glow in Arms Race no longer show

Yisss bout damm time

Time to kiss Volvo csteam ass for bout three days now. GOTY Goat. Shame on them for unfair play just because I was arm race god

Frostburn

Yeah the new case drops are alright but none that I really NEED to have. A few look cool but meh overall. The new maps I've played so far however are pretty darn good.

Pennywise

We played Nuke and Empire.

Empire is ass.
Just not worth the effort, far too many ways and the sound on the map is fucked up.

Nuke is good, allthough you need like 2 people to hold outside.
The catwalk outside is going all the way from heaven towards silo, so you can rush outside from two points which is incredible hard to defend.

Hixx

Been ages since I played the "old" Nuke but from the game we played (started CT, won that half 13-2) it seems holding outside will be really tough against competent Ts. Luckily we played against morons who just spread out looking for 1v1s and we were better.

Also played Empire. Map is a completely clusterfuck apart from outside B which I quite enjoyed playing CT and T. But A is... not fun. The audio on it is terrible.

MayMay

Banned
ahahahahaha and Steam started redownloading another 4GB now. Why is this damn update so broken for me?

Fuck this, just gonna uninstall.
and then reinstall while I'm asleep because I can't live without it

soultron

Banned
A keep-in-mind: some of these maps were from Mapcore and r/GlobalOffensive's recent joint-venture mapping challenge. It brought a lot of first-time mappers into the fold. It's nice to see new faces making maps, even if they're flawed first outings.

ted's working on a new map. I will tell him to get his ass in gear and finish it so you'll get a nice map in the next Op.

frbrr

mikla is hot trash
mid is absolutely aids and lets the T's awp you before crossing to A site

ì just played it, yeah...
not only can they easily awp people crossing to a, but they actually get to a site first
how the fuck did this get into the operation?

udiie

A keep-in-mind: some of these maps were from Mapcore and r/GlobalOffensive's recent joint-venture mapping challenge. It brought a lot of first-time mappers into the fold. It's nice to see new faces making maps, even if they're flawed first outings.

ted's working on a new map. I will tell him to get his ass in gear and finish it so you'll get a nice map in the next Op.

tell ted to make sure the entry timings are good
the map could literally be boxes for sites and id praise it if it worked fine

Top Bottom